❖ The Space-Time Rift v6 ❖ - :sirfetchd:

Scherzo

too lazy to change my title
AKA
Colin
Time Zone
CST
Happy birthday to both Ben and Regine!!! Hope everything was good. :)

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Thanks for the birthday wishes, and welcome to Juice!

Had to disappear for a bit because I had constant homework due every day this entire week. Just finished the last of the gauntlet, and I won't have to submit anything else until Sunday night. PSA: don't do a master's unless your major absolutely needs it. Or actually plan your undergrad semesters so you're not stuck with five grad courses in your last semester.

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
Sounds like you're trying to speed run through graduate school. Never had to take more than 3 classes in a semester and I only need 10 overall. Glad I took it since my position and salary are higher as a result.

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Man, as a high school student that sounds scary. Glad you’re at least taking time to work on it all though. I believe in you!! Remember to take care of yourself too

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Participating in the forums' annual MarriProm event sounds like a great way to relax and have a little fun.

Meanwhile, I have a 6-page paper due on February 29. Nothing's stopping me from working on it now. Should I do that? Most likely. Am I finding it hard to make myself do that? Yes.

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
@Typhlosion maybe try doing a little bit at a time? that way you can still get started on it and still get to do fun and relaxing things
i don’t know im a professional procrastinator myself

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
That's been my strategy. I already had the introductory paragraph and thesis done, since those were due separately in an earlier assignment. I was able to write approximately three additional sentences, however. Once a direction has been formulated and introduced, churning out words to fill the body becomes easier.

How's everyone else doing? Excited for MarriProm?

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
That’s good, I hope you can get it done in a good amount of time and be able to relax.
I’ve been fine, just trying to get ahead of schoolwork since I’m going to be missing a few days of because I’m traveling to Phoenix Arizona for a competition my sister is competing in (so excited to drive 14 hours...)
I’ve been really sleepy too I’ve been taking naps at home and school like everyday this week

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Prom is fun because it's flex time. :)

But also next week is the week when I have things due or midterms to take Monday through Thursday. I kinda took this night off (worked all day tho), so we'll see how much I pay for that. :thisisfineazurill:

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
I think I worked a bit harder this week than I expected. Was exhausted last night and had a dream about my code review. Still feel a little tired lol

Also it's interesting to see midwestern people try In N Out for the first time.

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Oh man in n out is good, I live in the west but we don’t have em in Idaho. What were their reactions like?

Scherzo

too lazy to change my title
AKA
Colin
Time Zone
CST
I have never had In N Out before. :) Hopefully I'll have the chance to sometime in the future....

Yeahh uhhh I'm going to be extremely busy too. This week already had a good amount of stuff due, but next week I accompany a concerto movement on Tuesday, prep for a fundraiser on Wednesday, have a "midterm" on Thursday, two tests on Friday, and the same fundraiser to help with on Friday. It's going to be hectic, but we're gonna do it. (Not to mention the teaching and accompanying I'm doing on the side.) :')

Also, contradictory to what Regine said... I'm actually looking forward to grad school, haha. Idk, I've lived in Missouri my whole life and at some point need to get out more. I'm already looking into a bunch to apply to in three years. If you're going into music, it's kinda assumed that you're going to have at least a master's degree.

[edit] Actually it's two years until I audition for grad schools... time flies

Last edited:

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
There is an In N Out in the town where I live for university. However, every In N Out I had seen in my life up to that point looked incredibly seedy, so I had never eaten and one and I didn't think it was any good. When some friends finally dragged me along to this town's location, I really liked it. Doing one thing very well is a viable strategy.

The entire month of February is out to get me. No need to go into details because that would take a while but I am pretty much never not tired at this point.

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Good to hear you liked it at least. Whenever I try try to go to one out of town they’re usually very busy.

Man that sucks, same here To be honest, being bombarded with school work while I’m traveling g and my meds starting to wear off. I hope things start to calm down for you, make sure to take care of yourself.

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
Nothing says Happy Valentine's Day like having your business trip to Japan get canceled and having it relocated to Southern California :(

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Oh dude that blows, seriously. I’m sorry. I hope Southern California isn’t terrible though.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
O O F

Got any plans to make Southern California at least a little fun? Still seems nice to visit even if it’s no Japan. meet Brian???

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
Specifically, I'll be in Irvine (Orange County) which is still a few hours away from Brian. The only member I know might be there is KOOLIO (Bryan) and even then it's been years since I spoke with him.

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
So Covid-19 got worse and I'm not going to Irvine anymore. RIP