EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Ripperoni, Andrew.

Classes went virtual for me here. Not sure what's going to happen with dance and choir though. Hopefully we'll be able to have enough rehearsal time (and the situation improves) to perform.

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
I live in a less populated area so nothings been done about the virus other than maniacs buying toilet paper but I think they’re overreacting just a liiiittle too much. Traveling is one thing, but living in freakin Idaho is another.

Fafrir

:]
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
Switch FC
SW-5955-0028-4991
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
Yeah, Coronavirus is serious business now and Canada already has a few cases. In fact, a lot of things are getting cancelled here.

Last edited:

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Same over here in the US. No cases in my state yet, but the surrounding ones do. Most huge events have been cancelled sadly. Not like I go to a ton, but other people do and it’s been disappointing for them

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
The 3 biggest cities in my region are kinda on lockdown and have banned most meetings of 250+ meetings. My work is still open but I was just encouraged by HR to work from home.

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Everything's getting cancelled, yeah. I'm home in Virginia for spring break right now, and my school extended its spring break for a week. After that we'll have at least two weeks of online classes. The Men's Choir's Spring Tour has sadly been scrapped since that was supposed to be at the end of March. It'll be interesting to see how other things are handled as well. I'm in a Weight Training class and I can't exactly do that from home, haha.

I get that Covid-19 is a really big deal and it requires an appropriately large response, but I'm almost getting tired of hearing about it. I know it's still going to get worse before it gets better, but it feels like it's all anyone talks about. Especially news sources.

Scherzo

too lazy to change my title
AKA
Colin
Time Zone
CST
Ripperoni, Andrew.

Classes went virtual for me here. Not sure what's going to happen with dance and choir though. Hopefully we'll be able to have enough rehearsal time (and the situation improves) to perform.
The Gala that my school was going to perform in just got cancelled. I wouldn't be surprised if choir just got vetoed for the rest of the semester.

Looks like I'm the last university in Missouri to cancel. We'll be on spring break next week, so our President emailed us to "pack our coursework" just to be prepared. :hmmazurill:

Either way, everything getting cancelled is just so upsetting. I just had two trips get cancelled including my Boston performance and other things around the area get cancelled. Second person in St. Louis county just got presumptive-positive, so I guess I'll just stay in my happy suburb for all of spring break.

Last edited:

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Welp, the first case in Idaho was confirmed and now people are going through the grocery stores like madmen. I really think everyone is seriously overreacting, because it’s getting harder to get stuff as simple as toilet paper in stores now.

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Update: my state said all the school districts can decide whether they want to cancel school or not

All of the school districts are canceling except for mine

Mine is the biggest one

Welp

Another update: that decision got so much backlash we have the week off now WOOHOO

Last edited:

Scherzo

AKA
Colin
Time Zone
CST
I feel like bad luck is targeting Marriland members. :/ After my last post, the UM system went completely online for the remainder of the semester and another university in the state did the same. Pretty sure other universities are doing that as well, but those are the ones that stuck out to me. Our university hasn't even told us whether or not we're resuming classes after spring break, which is this week. St. Louis county is restricting gatherings of 50+ people, and CDC guidelines are also suggesting to not have gatherings over 50 people. My old school district cancelled classes through April 3rd. Will the governor beat my university to the punch of cancelling classes? I guess we'll find out.

Also, the two stores I've been to in the past 48 hours have both been out of toilet paper. Walmart was out of both bottles of hand soap and germax.

Happier news: I came home from my university today!!! Drove 3 hours from my college town to my hometown, which is the longest I've ever driven without someone with me. Excited to be home again (and probably for a long time, too). :)

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
RIP Idaho. Wasn't that the last state without any confirmed cases? (Never mind it's West Virginia)

I agree that more things getting cancelled is annoying. My university's Student Foundation hosts a half-marathon at the end of March every year as a scholarship fundraiser. I ran it last year and I was going to run it again but of course that event had the plug pulled. Guess I'll just have to run on my own.

In other news, I'm almost done with my first-ever Nuzlocke! It's gone quite well so far. I'm at Indigo Plateau, just grinding/prepping for the Pokémon League.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Everything is cancelled, and classes are all on Zoom. We are all zoomers now. :pensiveazurill:

Zoom zoom everyone

Scherzo

AKA
Colin
Time Zone
CST
Another day, another day without any update regarding classes. :) Considering that one of my past professors has been posting about alternative ways of having class, I'm sure that our email will come soon. Missouri only had one case a few days ago, and now it's already up to 5. (One of those cases being in the city I travel to each week to be a church accompanist, so that hits a bit too close to home.)

Re: fundraising - I'm sure that most fundraising events are going to get cancelled. Most people are more concerned about getting this whole situation cleared up, so people are probably going to want to donate to fundraisers a bit less. (We did have a big fundraiser for one of our student organization last month that brought in a lot of $$, but the trip we needed it for got cancelled. Safe to say that March and April are essentially cancelled.

Ben, congrats on almost finishing your first nuzlocke!

[edit] spoke too soon! My university has cancelled all classes and homework through the 30th, and will move online through April 24th.

Last edited:

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Good work on the nuzlocke! You did a great job dude. I have still yet to complete one...someday.
Since I don’t do a whole lot, not much has been cancelled for me but I worry if this lasts long enough an anime convention I like to go to at the end of May might be affected badly by this. So let’s make sure to keep ourselves healthy. I don’t mind quarantining myself now though, i get to binge anime for once.

Zange

Drifter
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Robin, Chi
Time Zone
CST
Hey guys, it's been a while :)

Hope everyone's doing well with the virus. There's currently ~70 cases in Iowa right now (none in my county or surrounding counties yet though, thankfully) and school got cancelled for four weeks starting last week. Which, that was already our spring break anyways, so it's more like three weeks. It sucks though because it's my senior year and we have no idea what's gonna happen with prom or graduation, everyone's really nervous about those... Not to mention missing out on countless other things already. No idea what's gonna happen with classes for the next three weeks though. All I know is one of my classes (which is through one of the local colleges) is gonna for sure be online.

On a lighter note, I've been able to get a lot done just over the last week. Especially on the audio mixing front (I do idol song covers on YouTube!) where someone slipped me a download of Melodyne so I've been able to start tuning! That's something I've been really happy about because I've been wanting to learn tuning forever but haven't had the means to do it until now. Maybe this week I'll be able to make some dents in the list of shows I've been wanting to watch for a while, who knows. I started Beastars, it's good so far.

Here's to hoping things get better for everyone quickly 💙

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
That's awesome that you're getting a chance to work on your passion and pick up some new skills, Zange! Obviously the Covid-19 is nasty stuff and quarantines aren't particularly fun, but it'd be even more of a shame if we didn't make use of the opportunities it provides us, right?

Two faculty members and one student from my university are confirmed to have it, so that's somewhat concerning. At least none of them returned to campus before self-isolating. Another guy I know (but haven't had contact with for a while) contracted the virus on a spring break trip to Paris and is now in the ICU. He's not doing super well; prayers would be appreciated.

On a slightly happier tone, I finished that Nuzlocke, and it was a nail-biter. Y'all should check it out in Pokemon Playthroughs when you've got some time!

Scherzo

AKA
Colin
Time Zone
CST
Zange, I hope you're doing okay. My heart hurts for the Class of 2019--they really are missing out on so many things, it's really sad. I hope most of your events will get rescheduled.

Things are getting worse and worse here in Missouri. We now have 183 cases as of 2:00 PM (10 hours ago). My city is under a Stay-at-Home order starting tomorrow. My university is going entirely online for the rest of the semester. I found out that my cousin in Colorado actually tested positive.

Ben, I'm hoping for the best for your friend!

Yes--although this isn't the best situation, it is freeing up a lot of time. Since I work at a retirement community back home, I'm an essential employee *hairflip*, so I've been getting a lot of hours in. :) (Although lately, I've not been wanting to risk going out at all. I might see about staying home just as a precaution.)

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
So as far as the virus goes, there are now over 1000 (!!!) confirmed cases here in Pennsylvania, but only a small part of them are in Philly. And I work outside at a market, so I'm putting not only myself at risk but others too. It's unsettling, and I could just take time off at my discretion, but for me doing that would just not feel right. Even with all the orders to stay home.

On the positive note, as far as what I'm doing while I AM quarantined, I did buy Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX two weeks ago before things started to close. So I'm playing that. It is pretty fun, though in the post-game it's a little on the crazy side, I won't deny.

Last edited:

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
I can't imagine being in the class of 2020 right now.... missing your senior year of HS would be rough. Everyone's missing out on something right now, but some things you can't make up. Hope you're all doing ok and taking care of yourselves, physically AND mentally.

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
My brother was able to finish his marching band season but the drumline season, which he liked more, was cut short. He had prom delayed and his trip to Disneyland is on indefinite hold.

On my end it sucks because if his graduation is delayed by less than a week, I might have to miss it.