AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
@Scherzo He's doing better! He had some underlying health problems before all this, with his lungs in bad shape. He actually had pneumonia at about the same time as Covid-19 and that was what was really doing him in, but he was able to receive the drug he needed and he's improving.

I went out to get groceries yesterday, so of course that was the day we had massive rainstorms. I knew this, and I looked out the window and told myself to grab an umbrella on the way out, so of course I didn't. Fortunately I was able to duck out of my car to the store, and back, during lighter moments of rainfall. I'm such an idiot n_n

My brother's one of those high school seniors. My family had been planning a trip to Hawaii (first time anyone but my dad has been, and only that for work) in July to celebrate, but, uh...haha...no one knows if that's going to happen anymore. My uncle was also supposed to get married in about two weeks, which is rough to have to reschedule. Not sure when that's going to happen but it won't be for a while. He lived in Germany for a long while and so he had several European friends who were supposed to come.

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Surprise surprise! I’m not dead, just occupied with a lot of video games and personal projects due to this quarantine. Hope you all are doing okay, it’s a tough time for a lot of folks.

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
What sort of projects are you working on, Juice?

A very happy 4/20 to all my fellow members of the Space-Time Rift.

Speaking of the Rift, I read about a certain group of organisms in my microbiology textbook the other day which caught my attention. I propose we rededicate this club in honor of the Riftia genus of giant tube worms and make them our new club mascot.

Scherzo

too lazy to change my title
AKA
Colin
Time Zone
CST
Ben, glad to hear that your friend is okay. Also, nice rift banner

Good luck with all your projects, juice! I have quite a lot of things due this week too and I'm uhh not sure how I'm going to do them. Things are going great at Zoom University..

On a positive notes, I realized that since everything is cancelled, I have a free flight credit! (Performance in Boston got cancelled, as well as another music festival I was planning on attending.) Because of these cancellations, I basically have a flight ticket to go wherever I want (in the same price range). Excited for future adventures. :)

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
My grasp of music theory has always been rudimentary at best, but I've never heard of positive notes. I thought they were restricted to sharps, flats, and naturals. You'll have to tell me more.

Having a free flight credit sounds like an amazing opportunity. Any idea what you might want to do with it?

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
A free flight? Hope you'll get to put that to good use in time! And best of luck with your projects Juice.

In the meantime, I've been playing quite a bit of Pokémon as of late. I've started SIX new playthroughs this month - Mystery Dungeon Sky (on an emulator), White 2, Platinum, Ultra Moon, Sword and Shield. That's what a lockdown will do to me 😅

Scherzo

AKA
Colin
Time Zone
CST
Hehehe we love a good typo. :) I'm not sure what I'll do with the ticket as none of us know what's going to happen within the next year, but I'll probably end up visiting Maryland. There are a couple of grad schools I want to visit there and I have a few friends studying there anyway, so I might as well!

Even with quarantine, I actually haven't had much time to play Pokemon/other stuff as much as I'd like. Zoom University is keeping me busy as usual, but the good news is that the semester ends in a week and a half. I just submitted my second to last big project of the year. :)

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Bros I just have finals week ahead of me, and then I'll be done with college forever. This last week of classes was... surely a last week. I've had to submit homework and/or present something every single day. Bless the option to switch to pass/fail, and bless Animal Crossing for giving me something relaxing to do this entire quarantine. No more 5:30 am lectures for the rest of my life.

Once everything's over, I'll probably play through the rest of my US scramble. Currently in Po Town about to battle Guzma, though I haven't updated the thread in forever.

Good luck to everyone who's finishing up school online!

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
Turns out my work from home goes until August. Still hoping I can go to Japan in December but I put that at 50/50.

Making slow progress in three houses blue lions route. Just need more motivation to play lol

Scherzo

AKA
Colin
Time Zone
CST
5:30 am lectures sounds awful. I had 8 AM's every day this semester and I'm glad that's over hehe. I think I had one or two nights where I didn't have anything due this past week, but I only have one more homework assignment to submit and then it's off to finals! Happy I don't have to worry about Chemistry affecting my GPA because I switched it to pass/fail. :)

Andrew, I hope your Japan plans stay in-tact. All of my plans for spring/summer were cancelled, but yes, I don't think anyone can predict what'll happen in December.

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Going to Japan sounds awesome so I'll be wishing you luck on that, Andrew. As for Regine, 5:30am lectures sound absolutely horrific. Is that because you're in a different timezone from where the lectures are being given?

I wrapped things up in terms of classes on Friday, as well as having my first final. Now I've got four days to study for my other three finals and pack up everything in my room that I'll be taking home over the summer. I renewed my lease to stay in the same place next year, meaning I get to leave stuff here if I desire which is a huge relief logistically.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Yup. I’ve been on the West Coast this entire quarantine. My mom made me wake up for all of the lectures.

Not sure about what’s gonna happen when it comes to moving for my job yet, but it’ll depend on the situation at the time.

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
West coast you say? :hmmazurill:

We'll see how Japan goes. I'll be a bit more prepared this time around and will definitely be staying an extra day.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Fingers crossed for Japan for you then! I had a trip to Europe with my family planned for the second half of this month, but of course that's not happening anymore. All I can do now is play many video games.

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
:sirfetchd:

Junior year of college is officially a wrap. My last final was on Saturday evening. My mom flew into town Sunday evening and then on Monday morning we began the two-day drive from Texas to Virginia. Got home last night. Hopefully summer means I'll have more time to work on some personal projects, like my Adventures-style fanfic and a couple challenges I plan to start sooner or later.

I'd like to be able to work some this summer if I can, but I won't hear about whether my lifeguarding job is still on until at least June 10th. I'm not sure I could/ought to search for another job as a backup in the current economic situation.

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
@Thundawave Oof. It's too bad that didn't go through. I hope the West Coast isn't proving too tough a live for you right now!

@Typhlosion Congrats! I don't know how things will turn out for you but if your lifeguarding job doesn't resume right away, I'd think there'll be something else you can find.

Anyway, I was SUPPOSED to see Waitress at the Merriam Theater out in Center City today, but NOPE, the pandemic had other ideas. It's been pushed back a full year. Apparently it's a real good one, so I'm hoping things will be looking up by then! Interestingly, on my birthday three weeks ago, I received an email informing me that Dear Evan Hansen, another play I was supposed to see that got pushed back, is looking to come to the Forrest Theater, where I saw Hamilton last year, in October. It's tentative of course, but I guess that shows the degree of optimism that they have! For right now I can hope.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Bros it is now Real Degenerate Hours. I have nothing but gaming to do until I start work. I'm so bored that I even started incorporating EXERCISE into my daily routine to make my days have less nonstop gaming.

Hope you can attend those musicals sooner rather than later, Pendra!

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
what is time off work

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Oof hang in there, Dino! Things must be crazy for you right now.

Scherzo

AKA
Colin
Time Zone
CST
Dino, I hope you're doing okay with everything going on :(

Sophomore year of college is over for me as well (halfway done w/undergrad!!!) which sounds so weird to say. College is flying by so fast and I'm not sure how I feel about it

I've been back to work at a retirement community for a while now, but I've only been working two days a week because Zoom University was in session. Starting this week I'm going back to three full days, but it isn't too bad because we're delivering every meal instead of serving.