AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Ironically, even though it's summer I feel as busy as ever. I'm keeping up with the leadership of two student organizations over the summer, plus wanting devote time to a couple Pokemon projects, run on a regular basis, and maybe read some books.

Like I mentioned last time, my lifeguarding job is on an indefinite hold. My parents are really pressuring me to get out and find another job, but I'm so not thrilled about the idea of going through the hiring process again. Not sure where to start, and I'd feel really awkward if my first job sorts itself out within a month or so like I was told at one point. There's an opening for cashiers at a supermarket just a few minutes from my house, so that's probably my best initial option.

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
Do you get a line of people applauding you when you get off work Dino? I've seen some of those demonstrations on the news.

I have a bit more free time than normal with no commuting and I've taken up some baking. Found an interesting cookie recipe I want to try. Also been spending time watching avatar now that it's on Netflix. Just finished book 1.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Don’t mind me, just realizing that it’s been longer than I thought since I posted here. 👀

These past few weeks have been filled with getting ready for adulting, but at least I’ll have a place to stay when I start work for real in July. When I’m not doing that, I’ve been gaming and preparing for Smash Camp (which you should JOIN next week).

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
I'm 50/50 on whether I'll join smash camp or not. If I do join I probably wouldn't be too active.

Work is somewhat busy but not too bad since half the time I'm waiting for something to build. Been playing some games recently and have been impressed by what Melee rolled out yesterday.

Scherzo

too lazy to change my title
AKA
Colin
Time Zone
CST
I'm too busy to commit to Smash Camp this year, but I hope y'all have fun. :)

In other news, I signed my lease to my first *official* apartment! (I had one on-campus, but it was more like campus living and almost like a dorm.) This one is off-campus, so I'm super excited. :) I guess my school is putting Zoom University behind us.

Fafrir

Queen of Dragons
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
Switch FC
SW-5955-0028-4991
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
Cabin 1?
More like
Cabin already won.

Blaiddyd

Rookie Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Avery
Time Zone
CET
Cabin 4 gang.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Yeah that’s probably my least favorite meme of the bunch because it’s the opposite from the truth and kinda toxic. Cabin 1 was doing its best, and they only had one truly inactive person.

Fafrir

Queen of Dragons
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
Switch FC
SW-5955-0028-4991
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
I was whatever about it for the first time but now it's simply annoying and I agree it's slightly toxic (saying the cabin doesn't listen to me just makes me extremely self critical about myself that I was a terrible leader). My cabin did listen to me but it's just the other cabins did much better. Fwiw, Idm memes made about me but this is probably the worst one.

Meme submission. Interesting take on time travel.

Last edited:

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
I honestly don't remember how that started but I'm guessing it was when John took a while to fight Ali.

I liked having Ali as a leader. What I think was big this time as opposed to 2018 was that some events were one per cabin which allowed people that specialized on creative **** to focus on that. Actually I think every year I was in a cabin that was leading until the art events.

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Also toxic :cryingazurill:

I have no previous experiences with which to compare it but I think Gold did a great job as Cabin Leader. He was always on top of the documents from day to day, and took the reigns on scoring a lot of points for our cabin.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Reeeeeeeee starting work tomorrow reeeeeeeee. How to adult.

Fafrir

Queen of Dragons
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
Switch FC
SW-5955-0028-4991
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
Why be an adult when you can be a dragon? 🐉

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
It's my first day back home in Virginia after spending a week with my grandparents in South Dakota. Time to check dozens of emails, oh boy.

Really, though, it was a nice trip. I got to see a couple of my aunts and uncles, and we visited some of my mom's old high school/college friends. One of my cousins is married and expecting a baby now, so my grandparents should be great-grandparents come November. I laid off working on my Wonderlocke while I was there, but now it's time to get back to that for one final push. I'm just grinding before the Pokemon League now, trying to make sure I have the best odds of making it through.

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
So how is everyone? Right now, all I’ve really been able to think about this week is how my Flyers have been relentless so far. We have a legitimate chance to win the Stanley Cup. It’s admirable how the NHL came up with the Canada bubble for Toronto and Edmonton. I’m excited for tomorrow and the coming weeks!

In other news, well, work is still busy alright. I was fortunate to not lose power from Isaias this past week but others did. And it feels like we near/in Philly have been responsible in regards to the virus for the most part but we’re still trying to maintain.

I know it’s pretty quiet here nowadays but I thought I’d pitch in. Ciao!