AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
EST (UTC -5:00)
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610

taken from the official D&D website for freeeee

The Tavern of Many Names

A cordial welcome from the Game Master to you, dear players.
Here you will find all types, from those who seek adventure in the wilds, slaying manner of beast and horror, to those that seek the thrill of a good gamble.

We hope you enjoy your stay.

Rules
-Casual conversation is permitted but should be marginal or contained within a club-relevant post.
-Custom content is also permitted, but consult me if it is an open group. Otherwise, you're free to do whatever.
-Please make sure you confirm your participation in any event with me and the organizer, so that we can know how to scale events, especially with TTRPGS.
-Please respect forum rules, too!
-If you want to play boardgames or something of the like, please allow me to refer you to Luke Strife's wonderful Board of Play!

please feel free to suggest any rules. I was never too good with them.

Form
Alias:
Portrait:
Interest(s): (As relevant to this group)

Last edited:

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
Current Events
Storm King's Thunder (D&D 5e)
DM

Players

Icons

Last edited:

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
Game Master

Foolhard
D&D 5e, PF 1e, SF, CoC, DOS, PoE, NW, DDO

Players

Godot
D&D 5e, PF 1e, WoD, BG, NWN

Lulu
D&D 5e, HS

Felly
D&D 5e

Pluto
D&D 5e, CoC, SF, TT

Mars
D&D 5e, SF, CoC

Meg
D&D 5e

The Griddler
D&D 3.5e/5e, SW, PF 1e

Rockie
D&D 5e, PF

Moonwatcher
D&D 5e, PbtA

*i'm currently looking for a co-host or something of the sort while the club sets up. i will still be in charge of organizing club-wide events, but they will be able to manage most everything i can.

TTRPGS
D&D - Dungeons & Dragons
P/SF - Path/Starfinder
WoD - World of Darkness
CoC - Call of Cthulhu

SW - Savage Worlds
PbtA - Powered by the Apocalypse (System)

Video Games
DOS - Divinity: Original Sin
PoE - Pillars of Eternity
BG - Baldur's Gate
NW/N- Neverwinter/Neverwinter Nights
DDO - Dungeons & Dragons Online
HS - Hearthstone
TT - Tabletopia

Last edited:

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Portrait: (Both a standard and a 32x32-ish one, preferably.)
This is the full image, and I'll probably go back to using it as my actual avatar at some point.
Interest(s): Gaming-wise I'd say I have an intense interest in Pathfinder and Dungeons&Dragons. I also enjoy World of Darkness games, but rarely get the chance to play them. Aside from that, I tend to play video games based on D&D such as Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights.

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
Alias: Lulu
Portrait: (Both a standard and a 32x32-ish one, preferably.)
Standard -

And I tried shrinking it down to 32 x 32 but it just got REALLY blurry and idt its gonna happen.
Interest(s): I'm mainly interested in D&D tbh, however I am open to learn about other table top rpgs since, well, I don't really know any xD
I also play a bit of Hearthstone :)

Attachments

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Alias: Felly
Portrait: I can get you a 32x32 image later if you need it, but for now, here's the standard:

Interest(s): Just D&D, but I'm open to learning about other ones!

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
Godot, Lulu, and Felly; you have all been accepted!
i've decided to take the 32x32 image deal into my own hands, so don't worry about that unless you want a different image, in which case PM me.
just one or two more people, i believe, and i can start organizing this!

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
double-posting as a pseudo-bump shh
So, for the sake of getting the ball rolling sooner than later and maybe giving this club a personality, I'll ask a few questions!
First, what are your guys' experience with tabletop roleplaying games? What kind of characters do you generally go for?

Second, how do you guys feel about competitive play? Would you prefer working together against randoms or club-limited tournaments? Both will be available, but being able to know our preferences is important in planning so we can try to make sure everyone can and wants to participate!

Third, somewhat related to above, how willing are you to delve into deeper waters? Most TTRPGs cost you some good money, although some like Starfinder provide cheaper PDFs. Should we try to work it out where only one person has maybe a couple books, or prefer everybody has equal access? How about online games (like Hearthstone, not like Roll20), however...

Fourth, do you prefer theater of mind or tactical grid systems? Do you have a preferred client? (Discord via. Avrae, Roll20, Fantasy Grounds, etc.)

Fifth, would you prefer to stick to tabletop-focused video games such as Tabletopia, or do you wish to expand the club's horizons to MMOs such as Dungeons & Dragons Online and Neverwinter, or RPGs such as Divinity: Original Sin?

Finally, something a little off-topic, would you guys prefer a club-specific discord, one that's open to the public with access to people outside the forums, or none at all? Discord is a little more on-the-go and makes for good speedy organization, but keeping the discussion to the forums may lead to a more solid format.

There is no need to answer every question, but I would prefer at least one take on a couple from every member, present and future, so I can sculpt a club where everyone matters, because losing interest in a commitment like D&D can be rough all the way around.

Thank you all so much! <3

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
First, what are your guys' experience with tabletop roleplaying games? What kind of characters do you generally go for? ...I don't have any experience with tabletop roleplaying games tbh :/ However I am interested in doing a dragonblood wizard :P

Second, how do you guys feel about competitive play? Would you prefer working together against randoms or club-limited tournaments? Both will be available, but being able to know our preferences is important in planning so we can try to make sure everyone can and wants to participate! I probably won't be as competitive, however I'm completely fine with it. And I'd prefer working together against randoms.

Third, somewhat related to above, how willing are you to delve into deeper waters? Most TTRPGs cost you some good money, although some like Starfinder provide cheaper PDFs. Should we try to work it out where only one person has maybe a couple books, or prefer everybody has equal access? How about online games (like Hearthstone, not like Roll20), however... I'm really willing to dive into deeper waters, however I think that one person should have a couple books. Why? Because I don't have any money to spend :/

Fourth, do you prefer theater of mind or tactical grid systems? Do you have a preferred client? (Discord via. Avrae, Roll20, Fantasy Grounds, etc.)

I'd prefer theater of mind. Tactical grid systems are fine, but I like acting stuff out wayyy more

Fifth, would you prefer to stick to tabletop-focused video games such as Tabletopia, or do you wish to expand the club's horizons to MMOs such as Dungeons & Dragons Online and Neverwinter, or RPGs such as Divinity: Original Sin? I want to expand to MMOs and RPGs, however most of the ones I'd participate in are the ones with the no-money things

Finally, something a little off-topic, would you guys prefer a club-specific discord, one that's open to the public with access to people outside the forums, or none at all? Discord is a little more on-the-go and makes for good speedy organization, but keeping the discussion to the forums may lead to a more solid format. I'd prefer a club-specific discord tbh. Maybe one thats open to the public, too...

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
First, what are your guys' experience with tabletop roleplaying games? What kind of characters do you generally go for? I've only played D&D, specifically 5e, but I've never stuck to one specific type of character. I just sorta play around with stuff. Right now, I'm in two campaigns, and in one, I've got a Fighter/Warlock, and in the other, I'm just a Warlock.

Second, how do you guys feel about competitive play? Would you prefer working together against randoms or club-limited tournaments? I honestly didn't even really know there was competitive play when it came to tabletop, but I wouldn't mind some occasional competitive stuff. I think working with randoms and also club exclusive stuff is nice!

Third, somewhat related to above, how willing are you to delve into deeper waters? Most TTRPGs cost you some good money, although some like Starfinder provide cheaper PDFs. Should we try to work it out where only one person has maybe a couple books, or prefer everybody has equal access? How about online games (like Hearthstone, not like Roll20), however... I'm willing to learn about new stuff! I think it'd be best if we all had equal access, but honestly, you can probably find PDFs of player's handbooks online for free. As long as at least one person has access to stuff though, I think we should be fine, as long as that one person is willing to help everyone else out with info. Google also has a lot of info too; in both of my campaigns, a lot of us just Google stuff, but we also have player's handbooks ready too. I'm also fine with stuff like Hearthstone.

Fourth, do you prefer theater of mind or tactical grid systems? Do you have a preferred client? (Discord via. Avrae, Roll20, Fantasy Grounds, etc.) I'm fine with either. In one campaign, we do theater of mind, and it's worked pretty well for us. (We used to draw out maps on the whiteboard in the room, but no one ever brings dry erase markers and there's never any in the room.) In the other campaign I'm in, we have a gridded map, and it helps a lot. The visuals help, but I can work either way. In terms of a client, Discord is fine, but I don't know what Avrae is. I'm also familiar with Roll20 because I've used that for Pokemon Tabletop in the past, years ago.

Fifth, would you prefer to stick to tabletop-focused video games such as Tabletopia, or do you wish to expand the club's horizons to MMOs such as Dungeons & Dragons Online and Neverwinter, or RPGs such as Divinity: Original Sin? I think including MMOs and RPGs would be nice, and it might also get a wider group of people interested in the club.

Finally, something a little off-topic, would you guys prefer a club-specific discord, one that's open to the public with access to people outside the forums, or none at all? I'd actually really like a club specific Discord tbh. I'm actually a lot more active on Discord than I am on the forums because it's more convenient for me to use Discord on my phone than to make lengthy posts (like this one). I also don't have a problem with it being open to the public, but we should probably have some kinda distinction between those who are Marilland club members and everyone else if that's the route we go.

Not A Furry

New Trainer
Alias: Pluto
Portrait:

Interest(s):
I play D&D 5e and Tabletopia! I also GM some Call of Cthulhu and am interested in Starfinder. i play a killer monopoly, too.

ManofMars

New Trainer
Alias: Mars
Portrait:

Interest(s): DnD 5e (As a player and DM), Starfinder (Never played but interested in), and Call of Cthulhu (as a player)

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
welcome friends that i didn't ask to join whatsoever!
nah but fr now we have enough people to start determining some events.

i'm gonna put up a poll for what tabletop we would be most interested in learning/making characters for, please vote!

gylfie

Alias: Meg
Portrait:

Interest(s):
played d&d a few times and am sort of familiar with monster of the week but haven't played it. I'm a mcelroys fan eheh

Disclaimer: I'm really busy with school a lot so i dunno if I'll be able to participate much,,

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
all is well! I'm just as open to discussion as play, nobody should have to feel left out on our behalf!

you're very welcome to the Tavern, Meg!

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
I like sorcerers and bards, basically I play Charisma heavy more often than not.

I do prefer team work, but PVP once in a while can be good too. Especially if it's agreed that we'll be doing non-lethal damage.

I don't generally have the cash required to get all the books I'd need, as much as I love the idea of everyone having books. That said, if one person has the necessary books I'd be down for trying some of the games I haven't played. (Most games have a relatively good wiki where information can be found) I'd also be down for online games.

While I'm definitely at home with a tactical grid map, I'm also rather fine with theater of the mind. Of clients listed, the only one I've got is Discord.

I'd love to expand the club's horizons to MMOs and RPGs. I mean one of my favorite RPGs (unfortunately unfinished because it's a Troika game) is Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines. And a lot of RPGs and JRPGs are tabletop adjacent, The Elder Scrolls for instance is literally based off a D&D campaign.

Echoing everyone else, a club discord sounds like a great idea and having it open to the public also sounds like a good idea. And yeah, I agree with Felly, some distinction between forum members and non-forum users is probably necessary.

ManofMars

New Trainer
1. When it comes to TTRPGS I have mainly played DnD 5e and have played it as both a DM and a player but i've also played a little bit of Call of Cthulhu as a player. When it comes to the type of characters I play, I normally just go what is needed.

2. I guess i'm up to the idea of competitive play, kind of depends oh what its for like ttrpgs or like some other game or something.

3. I'm willing to take a dive, but for the most part ive just used pdfs and got what I needed.

4. I'm personally fine if we do either.

5. I'm always up for the idea of playing a mmo, especially if it requires little to no money to play.

6. I like the idea of a discord, personally i've never really used forums before and i'm quite familiar with discord and it just seems to make things a lot more convenient.

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
Alright! It would appear everybody able to participate has cast their vote, and it is set! We will be running a session zero for D&D 5e within the next week or so! Now, I merely ask of you to vote for what days would be open, then figure out the date from there. If you have any big plans, thus cannot consistently rely on a general day, please let me know. Thanks!

Edit: I changed the poll duration to 1 hour because I don't see a delete option, so the next one should be up by then.

Edit II: Please make sure to fix your votes. Also, here's the link to the public-ish discord: https://discord.gg/TRkTJRV

Last edited:

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Not sure if my old vote would be changed since I clicked "change vote," but I'm not choosing a new option. Regardless, my vote isn't for Mondays (even though that's the most picked option rn).

I'm abstaining from a vote because my schedule varies from week to week, and my days off aren't consistent. I only work nights at my job rn until I get a car of my own (fingers crossed for the end of the summer), and I typically don't get home until about 11pm EST. I'm not gonna make y'all work around my crazy schedule just because that would be a pain in the butt for everyone involved. Depending on the day/time we all choose, I can try to work with it. I'm still willing to play, I just may not be able to be there every week. (And if that's the case, I'll play a non-essential character that way y'all can live without me.)

I can say that I have D&D sessions on Wednesdays and Fridays in the evenings that I go to though, unless I'm working or we're not playing that week due to not having enough available players.

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
So far, we have reasonably determined sessions will be hosted on weekends. My personal preference is Sunday, as I work Friday and Saturday nights. However, earlier Saturday is possible, at least right now.

On the discord, I have narrowed down some campaign ideas, and my main one right now is to run the Storm King's Thunder module. I will put up a poll and (hopefully, this time) delete the previous one. It will include options for your preferred weekend(s) AND a yes or no to running of Storm King's Thunder. Thank you all! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.