Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
EST (UTC -5:00)
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
By combining the Discord votes and Godot's spoken vote, everybody that is able to participate will in Storm King's Thunder! We still need votes for the preferred weekend, or malform some sort of schedule, but everything else is (finally) a go!

Additionally, would you prefer when we host the Session 0 that I take a week or so to adapt the story to appeal more to your characters, or do you want to make story-based characters, which would take less time but may feel more forced? Please let me know, thanks! <3

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
I think I've typically done characters where the DM has done story-based characters and also adapted to appeal to our characters, so I don't have a preference either way. I think there's still freedom in being able to create the characters either way, so it won't make too much of a difference which way we go. In the sessions I'm in right now irl, I have one DM that just let us create characters, and I think he's adapted the story to appeal more to our characters, and I have another DM who gave us backgrounds and had us pick one, and we created our character based on the background we picked and he also incorporated that into the story because he gave us a reason to be traveling with the party.

gylfie

I haven’t done a whole lot of character creation yet and am not so great at coming up with a back story and personality so I guess it would probably be easier for me to make a story based character...?

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
As we wrap up the poll, I am observing that we're very, uh
torn

So perhaps we can merely compare schedules on the fly every week, if that's your preference?

Anyway, for those that'd prefer it, I'll release a summary of the hook soon alongside some info on factions and regions, but I don't have SKT on me currently. I can also help with character creation, which will be done on D&D Beyond, though I will need to get a master subscription up and running so I can share my books. Characters created using D&D Beyond will be compatible with Avrae bot, so we can easily transfer their data onto Discord.

I also like Felly's last note and might take that for our use, because it seems like a good compromise.

But, I digress; here is the link for our D&D Beyond campaign. You may need to make a Curse account and a Twitch account, I'm unsure as I joined before I had to worry about that. My apologies if it's so.
I get the awful feeling I'm missing something, so let me know if I am ya?

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
For me personally, comparing schedules on the fly would be the best way to go. I don't always have the same schedule every week, so what's good for me one week may not be good for me the next. Gonna get an account set up on D&D Beyond later, but I'll hold off on character creation itself until we decide how we're doing characters. Don't wanna jump the gun on that and have to redo my character, haha.

The Griddler

Mermaid and Robot Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Alias: The Griddler
Portrait:
Interest(s): Played DnD 3.5e, 5e, Savage Worlds (nondescript modern superhero setting and the DeadLands setting) and Pathfinder 1e. Generally down for w/e with them. Haven't played any other systems but am willing to learn.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Alias: Rockie
Portrait: (Sorry the image size is so big)

Interest(s):
DnD5e is my area of expertise, I've played Pathfinder as well. I'm definitely up for learning new systems though! I've DM'd for near enough 3 years and don't have much opportunity to be a player. I hope we get along y'all-

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
aa my apologies
you'll both be in momentarily!

also we should probably find a time for session zero bc a,,
lack of organization has lead to lesser activity.
jeez schedules are hard

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
It is a pleasure to be here! The majority of the people in the club I talk to about DnD a decent amount on the forum discord but for those I don't talk to often I do hope we get along!

Unfortunately I don't finish Uni til the 8th of May, and i'll be pretty busy with coursework in the 2 weeks leading up to then. After that summer holiday will have started and I'll be free near enough every day though. I'll still check the forums as much as i usually do, though, so I'll keep y'all updated.
That being said for things like character creation I'll probably be able to make time

Last edited:

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
My Wednesday and Friday groups have ended for the semester, so I'll be able to play in the evenings on those days as well, as long as I'm not scheduled for work.

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
I should be free all afternoon up until 3am most days tbh

free days come with homeschool

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
Alias: Moonwatcher
Portrait: I don't know what size you want, so I'll just give the biggest, since it's easier to shrink than enlarge them.
Interest(s): Any tabletop game really. Never got to play any myself yet, but I enjoy shows like Critical Role & Power Rangers HyperForce, and would like to give one a go. I also like the look of the Powered by the Apocalypse system. (Less focus on the stats, more player input in the worldbuilding)

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
had a and session via discord with my friends tonight and i painted my character!!! a halfling rogue that has extreme narcolepsy (its my in game excuse for why i disappeared to go eat dinner eheh)
To be fair the impromptu character traits are usually the most memorable, I'm sure the narcolepsy will cause both problems and comedic moments
Your art style's so fresh wth I love it! Your character looks sick too!

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
There's finally a delete poll option for me,,,
i am blessed

also is there anything you guys wanna do outside of the eventual STK running?
try out a oneshot of an unfamiliar system, or maybe just test out different mmos?
i mostly want to get to know everyone better, but also to give us more of a purpose when we don't have as lax a schedule.

as for moon, i'm finally adding you in officially

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
also is there anything you guys wanna do outside of the eventual STK running?

Not particularly but I do like to try new things :)

try out a oneshot of an unfamiliar system, or maybe just test out different mmos?

Both.
...I really like trying new things

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
Yay, I'm officiall now! :D

Is there anything you guys wanna do outside of the eventual STK running?

Well personally I've had a copy of Epyllion I've wanted to play for 2+ years by now. :P But yeah, any tabletop game is good, though preference goes to Epyllion & Ponyfinder, one shot or otherwise.

Another question, with these D&D game sites/whatever, would I need to use voice chat, or would I be able to communicat with just text? Cause since timezones I might end up playing quite late and don't want to disturb anyone by being too loud.

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
I've worked with a player under similar circumstances to you, Moon, so it shouldn't be an issue. As long as you can listen it's all good.

I'll get me a list of MMO candidates for anyone interested, i suppose, and edit it in later.

also, Epyllion seems intriguing from the short description, I'm up for it.
and it's on sale.

MapleStory
Digimon Masters Online
DC Universe Online
Elsword
AdventureQuest Worlds
Wakfu
EverQuest
EverQuest 2
Ultima Online $
Dark Age of Camelot $
MapleStory 2
Neverwinter
The Elder Scrolls Online $
World of Warcraft $
Final Fantasy XIV $
Path of Exile
Dungeons & Dragons Online
Star Trek Online
EVE Online
Trove
Wizard101 $
The Lord of the Rings Online
$ implies either face price or required membership.

also what gosh-darned **** i am it's SKT not STK
for the king has severely disabled my ability to properly spell SKT

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.