Sports The (Unofficial) NHL Thread!

Muto

New Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Zoey
Sad Leafs fan reporting in. I haven't watched at all since we got eliminated, I can't stomach to with the Bruins that I despise still being around and possibly on their way to another Cup. We were the better team but we blew it, we could be playing the Blues right now but we blew it. I really hope the only other team in the NHL with a streak of not winning Lord Stanley as long as ours manages to hoist it for the first time and there's always next season for us.

Grunt Beavie

The Magma Grunt with a Dragonite
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Beavie, Rosie
Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
Switch FC
5531-8213-8624
IGN
Rhi, Cali, or Rosie
Sad Leafs fan reporting in. I haven't watched at all since we got eliminated, I can't stomach to with the Bruins that I despise still being around and possibly on their way to another Cup. We were the better team but we blew it, we could be playing the Blues right now but we blew it. I really hope the only other team in the NHL with a streak of not winning Lord Stanley as long as ours manages to hoist it for the first time and there's always next season for us.
On paper were were the younger and more skilled team but we didn't show when it mattered. I hate Boston but I can understand why they would win. Doesn't mean I have to like it XD

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
So the Stanley Cup Finals are still ongoing, but we do have a winner in the Bracket Challenge because we all suck and didn't see either of the Blues or Bruins winning the Cup! Congrats to Andrew for winning! Also special congrats to Pendra for getting all the first round series wrong, which tbh I feel is pretty impressive.

I stopped watching the playoffs (and all sports) after April 14 and didn't start watching again until May 17 (although I'm not watching everything and more half watching when I have it on, tbh), so I don't have too many thoughts on the playoffs as a whole (aside from the fact the East sucks and the West worked out alright), but the Bruins are gross and I really hope they don't win the Cup.

There's been other stuff that's been happening while the playoffs have been ongoing, and with regards to the Oilers, they really ****ed up their GM hire. Ken Holland is a god awful GM who's really sunk Detroit over the past few years, and this really is just Peter Chiarelli 2.0, where they don't even really bother interviewing anybody else, they just focus in on one guy who they think is good and go "yep gotta hire him!" even though he sucks. He's not going to improve this already awful team. Dave Tippett as head coach is also bad since, not only do I think he won't be a good head coach for us, they didn't even bother interviewing anybody else again. Made it a super easy decision to not renew my season tickets, since this team isn't going to make the playoffs anytime soon.

Anyways, the Tampa Bay Lightning are now my primary team moving forward, and the Edmonton Oilers my secondary team. I've been leaning this way for awhile, but it's sort of "official" now. As much as I'd like to ditch the Oilers completely, I know that deep down there's not really a way I can do that. Go Bolts.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)

For the first time in 52 years, the St. Louis Blues are Stanley Cup champions! God damn, I'm really happy. It's crazy to think that they were last in the league in January, but managed to climb their way into a playoff spot and then ended up winning the Cup. Definitely glad it's a team winning their first Stanley Cup and not Boston winning yet again.

Grunt Beavie

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Beavie, Rosie
Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
Switch FC
5531-8213-8624
IGN
Rhi, Cali, or Rosie
Quite the underdog story with St. Louis. And making Marchand sad is a bonus. :3

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
It really was an awesome watch. When the Blues were up 3-2, I thought they had it for sure, but Boston dominated Game 6 and I was fearing the worst. But nope, instead they were embarrassed right back. At home. In a winner take all Game 7. This was quite an adventure, from the bottom of the barrel to the top of the mountain, literally. I'm happy for Craig Berube, too.

Also, tomorrow I'll be going into the city since there will be a summer bash hosted by the Flyers and Gritty, who will be having a jelly bean mosaic presented in an art gallery. I'm looking forward to attending!

Grunt Beavie

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Beavie, Rosie
Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
Switch FC
5531-8213-8624
IGN
Rhi, Cali, or Rosie
Also, tomorrow I'll be going into the city since there will be a summer bash hosted by the Flyers and Gritty, who will be having a jelly bean mosaic presented in an art gallery. I'm looking forward to attending!
GIVE GRITTY A HUG FOR ME!

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Quite the underdog story with St. Louis. And making Marchand sad is a bonus. :3

Truly one of the best things to come out of the Blues victory.

Grunt Beavie

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Beavie, Rosie
Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
Switch FC
5531-8213-8624
IGN