Throw me for a spin! (Pendra's AMA)

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
So yeah, just like the previous thread, go ahead and ask me as you please.

However, as a heads-up, I'm not good with "match members as _______" because I don't feel like I pay attention to members enough to put them in those groups, so don't be surprised if I turn those down. For that matter, I have the right to refuse any questions that I would rather not answer. But anyway, enjoy! (=

Vigilance

The Devil Himself
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Who made your signature?

Do you plan to get a new one anytime soon?

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Who made your signature?
Michelle, aka Azuviin/Azusa. I requested it from her back in fall 2017, I initially wanted to request it from Regine but she's very difficult to catch with an open spot. Michelle finished it in February. I really like it! The Iris theme was one that I really liked, it's pretty and her Sugimori art fits perfectly.

Do you plan to get a new one anytime soon?
I'm sure I'll make another request at some point. There was one particular request I had for Regine but called it off not long ago. But I'll find another theme to make good use of!
Responses in bold. That's how I usually like to do this.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
idk if you'll end up answering the remaining questions in your old AMA, so I'll ask them over here:

Are you planning on getting Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee? If yes, which one?

What changes/features are you hoping for in the upcoming Gen 8 games?

How did you end up becoming interested/passionate in sports?

Do you (or did you) play any sports?

Rank the following 5 sports in terms of favorite to watch: Football, hockey, basketball, baseball, soccer

Do you think the Flyers or Sixers will win a championship in the next 5 years?

What would be something you would do if money wasn't a concern?

What's one thing you wish you could change about yourself?

Favorite TV show?

Top 5 favorite non-Pokemon games?

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
favorite pokémon from each generation?

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Geez I'm bad with getting back to these x_x Anyway...
idk if you'll end up answering the remaining questions in your old AMA, so I'll ask them over here:

Are you planning on getting Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee? If yes, which one?
Already have Let's Go Pikachu, haha.

What changes/features are you hoping for in the upcoming Gen 8 games?
Well, it would be great for them to keep walking Pokemon like in Let's Go, and the Pokemon Box coming back. I'm sure there are other features I'm thinking of but just can't remember rn haha.

How did you end up becoming interested/passionate in sports?
Well, as a Phiilly native I've always rooted for my teams even if I didn't pay as much serious attention, but when we won the World Series in 2008 it was a big deal, same with the NCAA Championship in 2016, and most importantly the Eagles winning the Super Bowl. That was when I REALLY started to get serious with them.

Do you (or did you) play any sports?
I did play soccer at a small age, and softball for that matter, but that's about it. Nothing serious.

Rank the following 5 sports in terms of favorite to watch: Football, hockey, basketball, baseball, soccer
Hm... This is one that changes often for me, but I think football > hockey > baseball > basketball > soccer. I've just never been that big on watching soccer, honestly. Football is obvious, hockey is cool to see get in action, baseball while repetitive can bring crazy surprises, and basketball is cool but doesn't have that much to get.

Do you think the Flyers or Sixers will win a championship in the next 5 years?
The Sixers with Butler have become a favorite, but not as much as the Warriors and Raptors, of course. So we're hoping it will! As for the Flyers, well, we've been mired in mediocrity for the better part of this decade, and with our goalie problems this season it's hard for us to see it coming anytime soon. )=

What would be something you would do if money wasn't a concern?
Probably go on a big vacation, like maybe to Japan, England, or Los Angeles or something like that.

What's one thing you wish you could change about yourself?
Not being good at talking to people, as that would help me in getting more friends both here and outside of.

Favorite TV show?
I actually don't watch a whole lot of TV, at least not scripted. There are some I wish I were into but haven't gotten to.

Top 5 favorite non-Pokemon games?
I haven't really played a whole ton of stuff that isn't Pokemon to my recollection, wish I had an easier answer to this but I don't. x_x
Heyy. Because I'm a curious person, what is the first thing you remember about me?
It would have to be maybe a discussion post in General Chat? I don't know? Heh :P

What are five movies or TV shows you've watched lately that you've enjoyed?
Again, I haven't really watched a lot of TV, sorry. But I have watched quite a few movies in The Drive-In, even though that hasn't come back since the relocation.
favorite pokémon from each generation?
Lapras, Houndoom, Aggron, Roserade (if that doesn't count then Drapion), Scolipede, Heliolisk, Vikavolt.
Sorry this took so long x_x Hopefully the next round will be easier.

Ruellia

Lively Kooky
Oh yaaay you have a thread~

So you are stranded on a bug-infested deserted island with no shelter, but things aren't too bad. You're right by the shore, so there's plenty to drink. Your Scolipede pet uses its horns and claws to fend off prey, and there's also plenty of berries and seafood to eat! You also brought along two friends and three items. What did you bring and what purpose do they serve? :0

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
1. do you have a favorite kind of cheese?
2. where is your favorite place to eat out? like fast food or restaurant etc.
3. favorite + least favorite part about where you live?
4. favorite pop song of 2019 so far? how about least favorite?
5. what are some really good foods you ate in 2018?

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
WOW I'm behind on this... Sorry for such a late response here, but anyway, guess I'll get to it!
Oh yaaay you have a thread~

So you are stranded on a bug-infested deserted island with no shelter, but things aren't too bad. You're right by the shore, so there's plenty to drink. Your Scolipede pet uses its horns and claws to fend off prey, and there's also plenty of berries and seafood to eat! You also brought along two friends and three items. What did you bring and what purpose do they serve? :0
Hm... A vacuum to blast bugs or suck them up, a shovel to dig through sand, and binoculars to see from far away and high up. I dunno I guess? Just the first to come to mind.

Top 10 and Bottom 10 songs from the Billboard Year-End Hot 100
Honestly, I don't think I have the time to listen to all 100 of them, but I will say that most of my least favorites would probably include the abundance of regurgitated rap (looking at you, 6ix9ine and xxx). But I will choose some that I know would be among my favorites, in no particular order: (literally listing these in order from the list)
Nice For What by Drake
Finesse by Bruno Mars featuring Cardi B
New Rules by Dua Lipa
No Tears Left to Cry by Ariana Grande
Tequila by Dan and Shay
Pray For Me by The Weeknd featuring Kendrick Lamar
LOVE. by Kendrick Lamar
One Kiss by Calvin Harris featuring Dua Lipa
Lemon by N.E.R.D. and Rihanna
Marry Me by Thomas Rhett
HMs: Delicate by Taylor Swift, Sicko Mode by Travis Scott, In My Blood by Shawn Mendes, All The Stars by SZA featuring Kendrick Lamar (yes it's the opposite but the former is more prominent), How Long by Charlie Puth.

1. do you have a favorite kind of cheese?
2. where is your favorite place to eat out? like fast food or restaurant etc.
3. favorite + least favorite part about where you live?
4. favorite pop song of 2019 so far? how about least favorite?
5. what are some really good foods you ate in 2018?
1. Yum! I think blue cheese crumbs are my personal favorite even if it's one I don't get to have much. Cheddar is one I like quite a bit though.
2. If I have to say, honestly any good Mexican place or burger place would be my first pick. Hard for me to choose just one above all 😅
3. Favorite: With where I live right now, that I'm not terribly far from work or most fun places nearby it. And being within reasonable distance from the big city :D
Least favorite: But as for the house location, it does feel a little isolated, as well as just how it feels weird still living at home after almost three decades. Looking to change that when I get something more advanced!
4. Honestly, I don't remember as much of what's released this year so far. I mean, most of the stuff that's bound to be on the Year-End list come December that I particularly like are leftovers from 2018. As with bluejay, might re-answer this later.
5. Getting back to question #2, when I was in California we went to this tasty Mexican place where we all had some good stuff, and mine was a massive fried burrito I think. I guess I just really like good Mexican! And unrelated but very late in the summer I tried sushi for the first time. Something I wish I made it a habit of doing more, haha.
Yeah I know these questions probably weren't answered very well but sometimes I forget about this. I'll try to be better with it next time!

Fafrir

Snow Delivery Dog
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan (-6 GMT)
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
Henlo Scott!
1. If you could time travel, would you go forward or back and why?
2. If you can speak one language flawlessly, what would it be?
3. Do you have any superstitions?
4. If you had a free week, how would you spend it?

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Henlo Scott!
Henlo Ashley <333
1. If you could time travel, would you go forward or back and why?
I think back, because it'd be really interesting seeing how barren life was then compared to what we have today. Like when video games were about Pong and the like. Or when the internet didn't exist. Or when the Flyers last won the Stanley Cup. Or vice versa.

2. If you can speak one language flawlessly, what would it be?
I think French, it's a language that just sounds really fun to learn. I remember when I watched a certain PokeTuber's old videos and he did a Q&A and one of the very first questions he asked he gave the wrong answer to because he didn't speak French :P

3. Do you have any superstitions?
I'm sure there are some that I have, but none that immediately come to mind. I guess I just don't get worried that easily, but that may change in time, especially when I do finally get my own place. But since I say that, the thought of not getting any real life friends is one...

4. If you had a free week, how would you spend it?
Possibly by making far drives around the area to explore, like in Jersey or NYC or areas nearby. I like going sightseeing!
Sorry it once again took so long to respond to this x_x

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Greetings! It's time for the hit game show: Just Normal Questions!

1. What is your favourite memory of playing Pokemon?
  2. Do you remember the first video game you ever played? Which one was it?
  3. Where did your username come from?
  4. What do you consider the ultimate sandwich?
  5. Biggest pet peeve?
That is all! Have a mystical evening.

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Greetings! It's time for the hit game show: Just Normal Questions!
Alright, let's do it!
  1. What is your favorite memory of playing Pokemon? Oh my god, I have so many, I couldn't choose just one x_x But I'll say one I really liked was getting to play XY and entering the 3D environment for the main series for the first time, that was one. The new look felt like a step forward!
  2. Do you remember the first video game you ever played? Which one was it? I actually don't. It may have been like a Mario game or something. My first console was definitely the Game Boy.
  3. Where did your username come from? "Pendra" comes from Scolipede's Japanese name, "Pendror", and "flare" comes from "flareblitz37", a username I had on Pokecommunity at one point.
  4. What do you consider the ultimate sandwich? For me, potentially some crazy chicken sandwich with bacon, guac, jalapenos, ranch, buffalo, whatever crazy fancy toppings I can get. Yum.
  5. Biggest pet peeve? When people are insensitive to others being upset and act like they can just snap their fingers and make everything good as new. Especially when they're the ones causing the upset.
That is all! Have a mystical evening.
Sorry this took so long for me to get back to. x_x

The Griddler

Mermaid and Robot Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Well I figured the inquisition was over but clearly it's just begun.

Bagpipes: yay or nay?

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Say, when Pokemon Sword and Shield are officially released, which one will you get first?

icelandic

Adept Trainer
Solids or liquids?

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Heya!

1. How's it been?
  2. Is a hotdog a sandwich?
  3. Is cereal soup?
  4. Is jello a solid or liquid?
  5. Are these dumb questions mildly entertaining?