AKA
Andrew, Ape, Aep
Time Zone
Central Standard Time
Switch FC
SW-4903-4757-9682
IGN
Andrew
Monotype Challenge: A regular playthrough of a Pokemon game (Fire Red), but every Pokemon on your team has to be the same type (poison)

Venusaur
Nidoking
Gengar
Tentacruel
Golbat
Venomoth

Update #1 Will come soon

Last edited:

Ape711

not infected by dragon virus
AKA
Andrew, Ape, Aep
Time Zone
Central Standard Time
Switch FC
SW-4903-4757-9682
IGN
Andrew
Mini-Update #1 (No "story" for the mini-updates)
I, Venom, just beat my rival, Carnage, in our first ever battle

Nova (Bulbasaur)
Ability: Overgrow
22 / 13 / 11 / 14 / 11 / 11
Naughty Nature
- Tackle
- Growl

Greninjaman

Aquatic Ninja Assassin
Nice. Is Poison your favorite type?
I see you already have your final team planned out. I did a Water Monotype years ago and just used what ever I could find. I might do it again at some point.

Ape711

AKA
Andrew, Ape, Aep
Time Zone
Central Standard Time
Switch FC
SW-4903-4757-9682
IGN
Andrew
No, its not my favorite type, but out of the 4 types i could mono without hacking (Fire, Water, Grass, Poison) Poison sounded the most in interesting and varied to do.
Quick Note: I lost my progress and had to restart cause I accidentally forgot to save, so Bulbasaur has a different nature :P
the name Venom was based of of Poison and then Carnage (the rival) is named after the Carnage symbiote from Spider-Man.
(REAL) Update #1

A young trainer named Venom started his Pokemon journey today. His rival, Carnage, is also starting his journey today. Venom picked Bulbasur, which he named Nova, and Carnage picked Charmander (WHAT A NERD) So, they fight, and of course, Nova wins. He then heads out on his journey, but first, he needs to return a package to Professor Oak. Now, with a Pokedex and Poke Balls, he picks up a new Pokemon, Weedle, which he names doodle. Then, it was time to fight his rival again. Nova wins again, and he then proceeded to evolve it into a Kakuna, then a Beedrill, as he went through Viridian Forest. And finally, he schooled the Pewter Gym with his Bulbasaur.

Nova (Bulbasaur) (M)
Level: 13
38 HP / 18 Atk / 18 Def / 24 SpA / 23 SpD / 20 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Tackle
- Growl
- Leech Seed
- Vine Whip

Doodle (Beedrill) (M)
Ability: Swarm
Level: 10
35 HP / 22 Atk / 14 Def / 16 SpA / 22 SpD / Spe 22
Hardy Nature
- Poison Sting
- String Shot
- Harden
- Fury Attack

Greninjaman

Aquatic Ninja Assassin
No surprise that Bulbasaur soloed the Gym.
A shame to hear that you forgot to save. Your Bulbasaur went from having a minus nature in Special Defense, to having a minus in Defense. He still has the plus attack at least, though it's actually lower than Special Attack (base stat wise anyway).

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
Best of luck with this one, I know you've got Zubat coming up but just taking a look at your final team - is Nidoran M not available on Rt 22 in this game then? (I've never played FireRed, but I know he was on that Rt which you could access as soon as you got to Viridian City in the original games)

Ape711

AKA
Andrew, Ape, Aep
Time Zone
Central Standard Time
Switch FC
SW-4903-4757-9682
IGN
Andrew
no, nidoran isnt avaliable until route 3 (directly after brock) and ive found that beedrill is actually quite good. ~~quite~~. Im thinking it might be better than venomoth, purely because it has a higher attack stat, and the main reason i had venomoth on the team was as a way to deal with sabrina, which beedrill might actually be better at (possibly)

Ape711

AKA
Andrew, Ape, Aep
Time Zone
Central Standard Time
Switch FC
SW-4903-4757-9682
IGN
Andrew
UPDATE #2

So im trying a different writing style for this one (1st person) since thats way more natural, and it'll just be written better.

So I just beat Brock, and I get to route 3, where I catch a Nidoran male, (Emoo) and a Nidoran female (Tina). I trained them up as I went through Mount Moon, where I also caught a Zubat (Ira). After I got out of Mount Moon, I caught an Ekans (Ovyz), and then I went to Cerulean City. I went to the Nugget Bridge, and I fought and beat my rival, Carnage. I then proceeded up Nugget Bridge, and caught an Oddish (Happy). I then went and saved Bill, then I trained everyone up, except for Nova and Ovyx (I dont care about Ovyx and I was sure Nova would levels in the gym) to level 20. I then go and solo Misty and her gym with Nova, getting him up to level 21.

Mount Moon: Not hard at all with Nova, but i had to go to the pokecenter a lot because i was training up Emoo, Tina, and Ira in there. I also picked up a Moon Stone (there is two in Mount Moon, but i only got one, ill get the second one later) but ill talk more about this later.

Carnage: This fight was HARD. It was mostly my fault, for being severely under leveled, though. My highest at the time was Nova at level 16, and his starting Pokemon (not starter), was Pidgeotto, at level 17. I toughed through it and won on my first try, but not without a lot of faintings and a revival usage that probably was the reason I won.

Misty: Wow, this surprised me. I went into the gym with a level 18 Nova, and fought Misty with a level 19 Nova that was like one experience away from leveling up. Her Staryu took 3 hits from vine whip (misty used a super potion), and confused me with water pulse, which never actually changed anything. Starmie's swift was scary, but Nova successfully solo'd.

Nova (Ivysaur) (M)
Level: 21
62 HP / 34 Atk / 33 Def / 43 SpA / 40 SpD / 37 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Poison Powder
- Leech Seed
- Vine Whip

Emoo (Nidorino) (M)
Ability: Poison Point
Level: 20
58 HP / 36 Atk / 33 Def / 31 SpA / 28 SpD / 37 Spe
Quirky Nature
- Poison Sting
- Peck
- Focus Energy
- Double Kick

Ira (Zubat) (F)
Ability: Inner Focus
47 HP / 23 Atk / 26 Def / 21 SpA / 22 SpD / 26 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Life
- Astonish
- Supersonic
- Bite

Doodle (Beedrill) (M)
Ability: Swarm
61 HP / 40 Atk / 25 Def / 29 SpA / 40 SpD / 40 Spe
Hardy Nature
- Poison Sting
- Twineedle
- Focus Energy
- Fury Attack

Tina (Nidorina) (F)
Ability: Poison Point
63 HP / 32 Atk / 33 Def / 29 SpA / 29 SpD / 31 Spe
Bashful Nature
- Poison Sting
- Scratch
- Tail Whip
- Double Kick

Ovyz (Ekans) (M)
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 10
29 HP / 16 Atk / 13 Def / 14 SpA / 17 SpD / 19 Spe
Timid Nature
- Wrap
- Leer
- Poison Sting

On the Moon Stone I have: Should I evolve Emoo right now? Theres not much it learns via level up that Nidoking doesnt itself, I think Horn Drill is really the only difference, but Nidorino levels up quicker. Also, Ira has terrible stats, but I think bite secretly has like a 70% flinch rate, so Ira is actually a god. Basically, what I'm saying, Ira might not be the best fit for the team, but ill keep her on there as a flyer, or maybe box her and put on Tina instead? My main problem with Tina is that its IVs arent that good, (its bulk is basically equal to Emoo's, when it should be significantly higher, and Emoo does have a significantly higher attack).