Turnabout AMA III?: Revenge of the Forums (Ask Godot Anything)

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Ha, sorry about the unusual thread title I forgot how many times I made a new AMA back on Azurilland. Just ask me anything, chances are I'll answer in a (relatively) serious way... To the best of my abilities. There are relatively few questions that I'll outright decline, but if they come up I'll point them out.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Hey Connor!

Do you like cheese on everything?
What is your favourite vegetable?
Have you ever done a backflip?
If you could spend the day with anyone from history, who would you choose and why?

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Hey Connor! Howdy.

Do you like cheese on everything? Not everything necessarily, but I do like cheese on most things.
What is your favourite vegetable? Favorite vegetable? I'd say it's a toss up between corn, potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, and peas.
Have you ever done a backflip? No, couldn't even if I wanted to.
If you could spend the day with anyone from history, who would you choose and why? Socrates, I find that I'm interested in questioning existence and the meaning of everything.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Aside from Godot, who’s your favorite Ace Attorney Character?

What’s your favorite Ace Attorney game?

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Aside from Godot, who’s your favorite Ace Attorney Character? I'd say my favorite characters, excluding Godot, are Franziska and Pearl. Edgeworth is great and all, but I feel like he get's a little too much attention from fans.

What’s your favorite Ace Attorney game? Of the ones I've beaten, I'd say it's probably Dual Destinies with Apollo Justice in close second. Of the ones I've played, Spirit of Justice takes first followed by Dual Destinies. I have Spirit of Justice, I just get easily distracted by other games and challenges and the like. But thanks for asking, Neb, this type of question has ever changing answers. Maybe it'll change again when I complete Spirit of Justice or have the Layton crossover.

Ape711

not infected by dragon virus
AKA
Andrew, Ape, Aep
Time Zone
Central Standard Time
Switch FC
SW-4903-4757-9682
IGN
Andrew
what is your favorite dragon type pokemon?

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Yo!
If you were a Sith Lord, what would you want your name to be?
What do you think Godot's Pokémon team would be?
What makes you like Godot so much?
What would Godot do if he ran out of coffee?

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Yo! Hey, Goku.
If you were a Sith Lord, what would you want your name to be? Well, Darth Sidious and Darth Maul are already taken so I have to go with something else... Darth Exterminate might work though.
What do you think Godot's Pokémon team would be? Probably fire and water types, with ground to at least match the color of coffee.
What makes you like Godot so much? He's kind of a tragic hero in a way. Blinded using the very thing he loves, the love of his life dead years after, commits murder to protect a woman's identity from her own family and protect Maya.
What would Godot do if he ran out of coffee? Perish the thought. He'd probably set out on a quest to get/make more.

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Have you watched the cinemasins series? Yeah, I watch Cinemasins a lot. Not big on negativity for the sake of comedy though. If anything I enjoy seeing them remove sins for moments of pure awesome.
What's your favorite GoT House (without spoiling pls)? I only watched season 1, so I'd say House Stark is my favorite. I don't care for House Baratheon or House Lannister. And there's not enough members of House Targaryen to even think of it as a house anymore (only two at the start of the series, compared to the other houses).

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
is Leafeon your favourite eeveelution? if yes, why?

what's your favourite dessert?

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
is Leafeon your favourite eeveelution? if yes, why? I like all of them, really. But Leafeon is important to me because of a solo challenge run I did back on Azurilland, A challenge in which I took the liberty of having it speak, narrate segments of the challenge, and gave it a personality.

what's your favourite dessert? I like ice cream, pumpkin pie, blueberry pie, actually just ice cream, pies cobbler and cookies along with any sweets I can get my hands on. I'm not too picky.

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
hey hey! I ask this around a lot so here you go :3 :

- if you existed in the pokemon world, which region would you live in and what would be your team?

also,

- do you have a favourite book?
- how did you get into writing?

Last edited:

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
hey hey! I ask this around a lot so here you are :3 :

- if you existed in the pokemon world, which region would you live in and what would be your team?

also,

- do you have a favourite book?
- how did you get into writing?

First off: Howdy, Bunnie. It may be a question you ask a lot of folks, but it's a very interesting question with a litany of answers that tell you more about the posters personalities. Besides these types of questions are some of the most fun to answer.

1. If I lived in the pokémon world, I'd probably live in Orre because it's the closest analogue to where I live... Even if it is actually based on Arizona. I mean for one thing, Orre's a big place and can be difficult to navigate by foot. But when you look at locations like Pyrite, Phenac, or Gateon Port you see the beauty of the world and the ingenuity of its inhabitants. Sure it's a place where shadow pokémon exist and Cypher are ruining everything by closing the doors to their hearts, but it's still a beautiful region worth living in.

1.5. My team would probably be: Leafeon (for sentimental reasons based on my first ever solo challenge), Dratini (I've always had a fondness for this adorable dragon, perhaps more-so than any other), Growlithe (I have owned and loved many dogs over the course of my life and I like fire, not to the point of being an arsonist but I'm definitely a pyromaniac on some level), Klefki (Because I actually like this pokemon, I know it's just fairy typed keys but I have a soft spot for this thing), Lapras (Because every good team needs an adorable surfing water type to balance things out. Also because of my experience with Fire Red and the fact that I nicknamed my first Lapras Nessie), And rounding out the team at spot six, last but certainly not least, is Mightyena (Because much like Growlithe, it's a good doggo and is often overlooked in favor of Absol who is great and certainly would be kept in reserve but is kind of overrated).

2. I used to like Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton a lot. More recently it varies based on what I've been reading. I tend to gravitate more towards High Fantasy or Sci-Fi, when I'm not digging through a history book. Of those genres I've been reading: A Song of Ice and Fire for Low Fantasy (more closely paralleling history), Beowulf (Which I jump to in between chapters of the Hobbit, the fact that this story heavily influenced Tolkien is blatantly obvious), Discworld and Hitchhiker's Guide are personal favorites where comedy is concerned.

3. Well, I didn't always enjoy writing. In public school from the ages of six/seven to nine, I absolutely despised writing anything. When I was around ten, my father showed me some of the stuff he'd written when he was younger and that started the interest. Then I took to borrowing concepts from Mythology and history and toying with them in an attempt to subvert them. And that's what held my interest in writing. Now, I take things that interest me and put detail into making them my own. I write long backstories for D&D characters, short stories featuring otherwise minor characters from mythology, and a ton of random stuff that I rarely (if ever) share with folks. Lately I've been putting more work into writing challenge runs and reviews with an emphasis on story (or the plot of whatever I'm reviewing). It's nothing professional, and (outside of anything to do with history) it may never be. It's a hobby first and foremost and if I were paid to do it I probably wouldn't enjoy it much anymore.

Thanks for asking,Bunnie, like I said it's always a pleasure getting questions like this because they have such complex answers.

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
very interesting answers! I'm glad you had fun replying! ^^

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
henlo Godot, it me again ;w;

i'd like to ask you:

have you ever written a story based in the pokemon world?