Turnabout AMA III?: Revenge of the Forums (Ask Godot Anything)

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
henlo Godot, it me again ;w;

i'd like to ask you:

have you ever written a story based in the pokemon world?
Not really, the closest I get are based off the writing prompts or challenge runs. Not to say I can't it's just most stuff I write takes inspiration from non-pokemon material. Classic and Lovecraftian style horror, Greek Myth, Standard D&D stuff as well. I think I dabbled with Batman fan-fiction once, created a villain. Tried to write a story set in Hyrule, ended up with writer's block and gave up.

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
sounds like you're not into writing fan fiction ^^ would you consider posting some of your horror stuff?

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
sounds like you're not into writing fan fiction ^^ would you consider posting some of your horror stuff?
I've considered posting some of it once or twice. I don't title most of the stuff I write, rarely share it because most of it's not good enough. Maybe I'm just really critical of my own work. I might dive into my google drive and pull a story out of there, but I could also write new ones on the site to give examples of my writing style. It's actually best if I write new stuff, I don't write as often as I should and all my more recent work has been character backstories for Pathfinder. I may also have had a tendency to delete some of the things I wrote that I thought were bad.

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i think you should post some of your work, i'd love to check it out, personally. maybe posting here could motivate you to write more, if you see that people are interested in reading your stories! i can honestly tell that you must be a quite harsh critic on yourself, but i believe you shouldn't let that keep you from sharing your writings, cause it can be fun to see other's reaction on your work and enjoy it together, plus it can help you improve ^^

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Hey!

If you could meet any god from any pantheon, who would it be and why?
Doughnuts or cookies?
Why are we here?
What's that?
Why is Zeus suck a jerk, bud Hades is the bad guy in movies?

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Hey! Howdy, Athena!

If you could meet any god from any pantheon, who would it be and why? I'm guessing Pharaohs don't count. In which case I'd say either Hades or Anubis, because Hades is actually rather chill compared to some of the others in his pantheon and Anubis is the god of mummification.
Doughnuts or cookies? Both.
Why are we here? Because forums attract people with roughly similar interests.
What's that? I think it's the sound of people having text based conversations.
Why is Zeus suck a jerk, bud Hades is the bad guy in movies? Because Christians saw underworld parallels and decided to conflate Hades with Satan. As for Zeus, well women didn't have rights in Ancient Greece (outside of Sparta) so I guess they didn't see anything too wrong with his behavior.

The Griddler

Mermaid and Robot Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
You were on the discord when you bumped this you know what happens now.

Bagpipes: yay or nay?

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Never actually listened to bagpipes, but I'll say yay. Solely because I'll listen to anything at least once.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Well I was distracted by Griddle's bagpipe spree so now I might as well ask you some questions as well!

1. Is there a Pokemon you always forget about even though you like it? Alternatively, a forgettable Pokemon you dislike?
  2. How do you feel about citrus fruit?
  3. What's the furthest you've ever traveled from home?
  4. What's the worst food you've ever been served at a restaurant?
  5. Biggest pet peeve?

That is all! Have a wonderful evening

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Well I was distracted by Griddle's bagpipe spree so now I might as well ask you some questions as well!

1. Is there a Pokemon you always forget about even though you like it? Alternatively, a forgettable Pokemon you dislike?
  2. How do you feel about citrus fruit?
  3. What's the furthest you've ever traveled from home?
  4. What's the worst food you've ever been served at a restaurant?
  5. Biggest pet peeve?
That is all! Have a wonderful evening
I consistently forget about Spinda, I dislike it so it's just as well but still. As for a pokemon I like but tend to forget is probably Milotic, love the pokémon but due to the fact that it evolves from an otherwise useless one under very specific circumstances I sort of forgot it existed until Gen 6.

I love citrus fruits, oranges are some of my favorites but lemonade on a hot day makes me so happy.

Hard to say, at least in miles but in terms of States: I've been as far up as Nebraska and as far east as South Carolina since moving to Texas. I've apparently been to Hawaii once when I was really little (and probably back when I lived on the east coast, so it was probably the furthest I've traveled), but I don't recall that so I don't usually count it.

Worst food I've had at a restaurant? Probably catfish, which doesn't say much about the quality of the cooking I just don't like catfish.

people asking about pet peeves Seriously though, my biggest pet peeve is probably placing things in areas where I can't find them. I've done this to myself at least once by placing my glasses somewhere before bed, due to tiredness I generally put them down without getting up.

The Griddler

Mermaid and Robot Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Asked Rockie these, but I figure they're just as applicable here.

What was the most memorable Ace Attorney case to you?

Have you played any of the spinoffs like the Professor Layton crossover, Investigations or... that one set in the past that didn't leave Japan and I can't remember the name of?

Who has the best "OBJECTION!"?

Have you ever heard of or played Attorney Online?

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Asked Rockie these, but I figure they're just as applicable here.

What was the most memorable Ace Attorney case to you? Most memorable would probably be the first case, primarily because Mia calling Larry "Harry Butz" was what stuck with me... I'm incredibly immature.

Have you played any of the spinoffs like the Professor Layton crossover, Investigations or... that one set in the past that didn't leave Japan and I can't remember the name of? I've heard of all these spin-offs, I've only played the first Investigations game although I plan to buy the Layton crossover eventually.

Who has the best "OBJECTION!"? Chances are you think I'll say Godot because I love when he throws coffee at Phoenix, but you'd be wrong. I prefer Simon Blackquill's objections more, I like hawks when dogs aren't present.

Have you ever heard of or played Attorney Online? Yeah, I've heard of it. Never played it though.

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
Have you played the Shin Megami Tensei series, and if so what is your opinion on them?
First video game you ever completed?
Favourite pizza topping?
Best fictional dragon?

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Hi!

1. If you could fluently speak any ancient lost language, what would it be?
  2. Who's the most underrated historical figure?
  3. How high can you count in Roman numerals?

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Hi!

1. If you could fluently speak any ancient lost language, what would it be? Atlantean seems the most obvious answer, but I'm not the most obvious person. So, Sumerian because I'd like to read Gilgamesh's story in its original tongue.
  2. Who's the most underrated historical figure? I feel Boudica doesn't get as much attention as she deserves. But that statement applies to most of the "barbarian" rulers during Rome's conquest.
  3. How high can you count in Roman numerals? I can count to fifty before I start to have trouble... Because remembering fifty is "L" is hard.
Have you played the Shin Megami Tensei series, and if so what is your opinion on them? Only SMT IV so far, and while I'm liking it I haven't got very far at all. And Personas 3 & 4, if we're counting those but I doubt we are.
First video game you ever completed? The first one I completed was probably Pokémon Snap, but the first one I remember completing was Sapphire.
Favourite pizza topping? I prefer sausage to all else, as much as I like jalapños I tend to overdo it when making my own pizza.
Best fictional dragon? This is a total cop-out considering he was the basis for Smaug and probably every single western dragon in D&D, but Fafnir.

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
Have you played the Shin Megami Tensei series, and if so what is your opinion on them? Only SMT IV so far, and while I'm liking it I haven't got very far at all. And Personas 3 & 4, if we're counting those but I doubt we are.
How far did you get? Did you get past the Minotaur & Medusa?

From the games I've seen you mention. (Zero Escape, Fire Emblem, and obviously Pokemon) I'd reccomend you try SMT Devil Survivor: Overclocked some time. It's 2/3 time-manegemant sim/visual novel, with occasional turn based tactics battles, and a darkish* storyline that's a deconsrtuction of the Pokemon/Digimon kids-with-monsters genere.

*Not as bad as mainline SMT, but much darker than Persona 4. More like Persona 3.

Anyway, more questions!

Favourite Musical Instrument?
Have you played PMD, and if so what pokemon did you end up as?
Favourite Video Game Soundtrack?
Do you prefer Realistic or Cartoony/Anime artwork?
Top three Legendary Pokemon?

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
How far did you get? Did you get past the Minotaur & Medusa? Got to the Minotaur, but I keep getting my rear handed to me. I'll beat that thing eventually.

From the games I've seen you mention. (Zero Escape, Fire Emblem, and obviously Pokemon) I'd reccomend you try SMT Devil Survivor: Overclocked some time. It's 2/3 time-manegemant sim/visual novel, with occasional turn based tactics battles, and a darkish* storyline that's a deconsrtuction of the Pokemon/Digimon kids-with-monsters genere.

*Not as bad as mainline SMT, but much darker than Persona 4. More like Persona 3.

Anyway, more questions!

Favourite Musical Instrument? I like the sound of the harp, although I've never learned to play one.
Have you played PMD, and if so what pokemon did you end up as? I've played Red Rescue Team and Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. I think in my first time through Red Rescue Team I ended up as a pikachu. But I've played the game so many times (giving both true and false answers).
Favourite Video Game Soundtrack? I'd say my favorite soundtrack comes from Persona 4.
Do you prefer Realistic or Cartoony/Anime artwork? It depends on the situation, realistic can be a good way to introduce people to a world that isn't very different from our own. But cartoony (and I'd say Windwaker is my favorite example of this) is a great way to attract attention and make sure that the art will hold up for a long period of time. (I'm willing to bet you didn't expect an answer in terms of video games)
Top three Legendary Pokemon? Top 3? Well, I'd feel bad not giving it to a trio. And I do like large cats, so the Legendary Beasts are probably my top three. Sure it's not exactly original, but I love those legendaries in terms of design.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Godot! Summer time! Questions! Five of them! I'm really running out of intro sentences as you can tell but here you go!
  1. Would you rather go to the beach or have a picnic? (Or any other nondescript warm day activity)
  2. What is the most REFRESHING drink?
  3. Ice cream! Favourite flavour?
  4. How do you feel about storms?
  5. Favourite place to go on holiday/vacation, alternatively, favourite place you've already been?