Typing Speed Test~

Ruellia

Lively Kooky
So I saw a speed test thread and was immediately like "omg is this for typing??" and it turned out it wasn't so I decided to make this thread. :0

https://www.typingtest.com

Here's my first result idrc about taking it again unless someone beats meee

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva

Sounds about right. Resisted learning strict home keys as a child. Felt uncomfortable to press several keys. Lost speed (relative to others), consequently.

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
Didn't take this in ideal conditions but a decent result all things considered for me.

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1

I've been called out on my fast typing abilities before, but this was still a little tricky. There were a lot of capitalized words in the middle of sentences which slowed me down a little compared to when I'm typing regularly.

I took typing classes when I was in 5th grade to learn to type the 'correct' way and I'm honestly so glad I did. Being able to type fast with minimal mistakes is a blessing when you have a 25k thesis to write.

Ruellia

Lively Kooky
View attachment 6180

I've been called out on my fast typing abilities before, but this was still a little tricky. There were a lot of capitalized words in the middle of sentences which slowed me down a little compared to when I'm typing regularly.

I took typing classes when I was in 5th grade to learn to type the 'correct' way and I'm honestly so glad I did. Being able to type fast with minimal mistakes is a blessing when you have a 25k thesis to write.
Ohh that's pretty good!! 😎 I've also been called out for my typing speed a few times, and it's a pretty nice feeling hehehh

I'll retake the test after a few more people post their results because I'm very curious how everyone here scores o:

colours

Regular Trainer
AKA
Angie/Angelica

I can probably do better but this is it for now.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin

This is about the same as the last time I took one of these tests. I never really tried to improve my speed and having clinodactyly in both of my pinky fingers makes it harder to type.

Ruellia

Lively Kooky
I like how colours and I literally scored the exact same result on our first try.... sisters??

Last edited:

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
I like how colours and I literally scored the exact same result on our first try.... sisters??
I was thinking clones, but same energy.

'
Pretty lame in comparison to you monsters. Bring on the texting one though! I would never lose

~Kilza~

The Rising Sun
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I feel like my typing speed has slowed down from where it once was, but this isn't bad at all:

Also, for fun, this is the result somebody I know got like a month back:

Ruellia

Lively Kooky
Okay so I took this test like 10x before so getting a better score was easier?? I dunno~

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
I guess you could say I type fast.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Katey

pretty dam good considering i'm not used to this keyboard

also i think i got too caught up in not making mistakes lol

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
Am mad my comp lost focus on the test towards the end so I had like 5 seconds of idle. Jesus we're all fast typers though

Ruellia

Lively Kooky
Nice scores :o

The more you take the same test, the better your score will be. I think my wpm improved by 10 after taking Aesop's Fables a couple of times.

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
Considering I never took any typing classes, I'm pretty satisfied with my result. Some of you are so fast though O.O

Kyogre386

Regular Trainer
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
UTC-05:00
I got 54 WPM, 0 Errors. I never learned to 'correct' way to type, meaning I have to look at the keyboard. This means I'm a lot slower copying text than when it is coming from my head. I can also enter certain bash and git commands super fast.