• The Closure of the Marriland Forums

The Marriland Forums will be going into read-only mode on February 15th, 2021. Come October 1st, 2021 the forums will be taken down entirely. More information can be found in this thread. Thank you for being a part of our community!

USUM Ultra Necrozma!

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I posted about how I beat it in my first time playthrough here, but more or less it was essentially luck. Relying on affection bonuses, trying to use X items to boost my defensive stats and then attacking to just slowly grind its health down. It's kinda funny how a good portion of the responses in here are basically "I used Toxic", since I had Toxic, and really should've used it with my Salazzle on the first turn I brought it out, but didn't.

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Ultra Necrozma does have a BUMPIN theme, no two ways about it. What sort of Pokemon were you using, Klave?

Kyogre386

Regular Trainer
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
UTC-05:00
I cheesed it both times. I really didn't want to, but there was no other option really. The first time it one-shot all my Pokemon before I could attack and I thought Pokemon was finally doing that thing from other RPGs where you are supposed to lose, but nope.

It's a shame, it definitely left an impact, but I would have liked a challenge that didn't come down the luck/cheese. They probably should have raised the defenses more and the attack stats less. That music was epic though.

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Tamped it down a bit. Saw its Individual Value and Effort Value spread through Twitter (and technically, thanks to Pendraflare's post).

Nature: Bold (+Defense / -Attack)
Individual Values: Maximum everything, except 0 in Special Attack.
Effort Values: 96 Hitpoints, 252 Defense, 162 Special Defense.

Edit: Questions the eleven level gap between Ultra Necrozma and the Dragon Trial minutes beforehand, though.

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
can be whatever
My first time fighting :necrozmaultra: was in a Nuzlocke recently (see here for the full story), so I had to strategize a little bit and mess with whatever available to me at that point. The :zoroark: strategy was already out because I wasn't lucky enough to catch a :zorua: to begin with. I ended up Toxic stalling with :garbodor: who held a Focus Sash and using Foul Play with :krookodile: who also held another Focus Sash (I sent over the second one from my Moon savefile btw). From there, I immediately switched to :probopass: to let Toxic do its final magic. Nobody dead here, thankfully. :coolazurill:
Gave the Focus Band (not Sash) to Crobat. Reset until Toxic connected. (Might have gotten Haze off too.) Stalled from there.
Btw I thought Toxic always connects if the user is Poison-type, doesn't it?

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
I beat the Ultra Necrozma relatively easily because of the affection from Pokemon Refresh. I used my Skarmory to Toxic it and then waste turns with Sturdy + affection dodges and hope for Night Slash crits until Necrozma was defeated. In the end I think I got 2 dodges and a crit Night Slash to finish it off, didn't even need to use any other Pokemon besides my Skarmory.

Gave the Focus Band (not Sash) to Crobat. Reset until Toxic connected. (Might have gotten Haze off too.) Stalled from there.
Btw I thought Toxic always connects if the user is Poison-type, doesn't it?
You are correct, Toxic always connects if the user is Poison type. In this case I think they meant that they waited until Focus Band activated so that Crobat can survive and use Toxic, otherwise Necrozma is faster and can OHKO a Crobat. 🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: SAF

PerfectWorld

Fiery Passion
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Anne
3DS FC
3970-0367-7253
Switch FC
6736-1504-8698
IGN
Anne
My first attempt ended in utter failure. I had gone in blind so I didn't know just how strong Ultra Necrozma was. I then trained up my team to the same level as Ultra Necrozma so I could stand a fighting chance. I used a lot of Roto Boost powers to super charge my Alolan Raichu and eventually won. I think it took 3 attempts in total to prevail.

chomosuke

most epic gamer since ever
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Two words need be spoken: Destiny Bond.