• Smash Camp 2020

Smash Camp, an event that has run for twelve years, has started once again! Everyone who joins is separated into one of four cabins where you'll compete to earn points through various activities, such as flash games, tournaments, and other events. At the end of camp, the totals will be finalized, and the cabin with the most total points wins. It's an awesome way to have fun with your friends while meeting new people in the process, and is open to anyone, not just members of the Marriland Forums!

Pre-Camp has officially started, with Camp itself beginning on Monday. It will be taking place exclusively on the Smash Camp Discord, which you may join by clicking here. If you have any questions, feel free to join the server and ask - we hope to see you there!

Under-appreciated Pokemon you really like

God

a Mess
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
EST
  • Archeops, I think Archeops is decently loved but I think it should still have more love in general. Same applies to Archen. They just don't seem to be that much... around anymore. But they deserve a lot of praise for being a really colorful, beautiful and cute design. I personally love the line and it's my favorite Fossil line as well as in my top 5 Pokémon hehe.
  • Kabuto! Adorable.
  • Maractus is really pretty.
  • Shelgon, Vibrava. Both adorable as **** and I love dragons.
  • DRAGALGE. Dragalge is SO underloved but has such an amazing design. It's an amazing Pokémon species, the first poison/dragon and I think the only other one is Naganadel. Makes me sad that he's really like.. overshadowed by the other dragons.
  • Politoed. I feel like Politoed is super super unpopular for no good reason, maybe that's just me.
  • I don't LOVE Frogadier, but I really like its design and I'm a little sad Braixen is even more popular than him.. he's so cool. I like him a lot more than Greninja lmao.
  • Tropius. Also one of my faves, in my top 10.
  • Kecleon... :(
  • Grovyle. He has some popularity thanks to Explorers of Sky or w/e, but in general I think the Pokémon itself is criminally underrated. Used to be my favorite Pokémon for a good amount of years lmao.

HungryPiplup

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Arbok and Venomoth and Weezing.. in general I think some Poison types should get more love because they tend to be stereotyped as the villain’s Pokémon.
Also they should get their own type on TCG, for arceus sake, they have nothing to do with Psychic!

thexuberant1

Beginner Trainer
Lanturn, Xatu, Mantine, Medicham, Grumpig, Vespiquen, Honchkrow, Lickilicky, Emboar, Simisage, Swanna, and Palossand are all under-appreciated Pokemon I’ve used on my in-game teams.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
I absolutely LOVE Girafirag Octillery and Ledian. All in my top 10 for sure.
Yes! I LOVE Ledian. I love its design and its cry. And I love that its shiny is an orange lady bug. Such a nice touch.
I just wish it were a decent Pokemon to use. If it had a decent Attack stat, it could be good.
It has Iron Fist and a lot of Punching moves. But 35 Attack.
Why, Game Freak?

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Judging by Pokémon not in the top 30 per region in Pokémon of the Year:

• Chinchou and Lanturn are really cute.
  • If Finneon and Lumineon were actually good Pokémon, I'd put the line on my team instantly. Unfortunately, they're nothing more than pretty fish. :(
  • Cherubi/Cherrim are adorable, and the concept of Cherrim is pretty cool.
  • Zebstrika was gr9 for my in-game White team.
  • Leavanny is also a top quality team member.
  • Major confession: I like the ice cream cones.
  • Mienshao is a Pokémon I've always wanted to use but never could because it always evolved so late or was obtained late.
  • Vikavolt is so cool, but WHY SO SLOW?
  • Oricorio. rEEE rEEEEEEEEEEEEE. :)
  • Gossifleur because it's pretty.
  • I find Cufant and Copperajah to be super cool for some reason.

Siddhar

Yoom...Tah!
AKA
Sid
Time Zone
IST
Crobat, Floatzel, Luxray, Skarmory and Meowstic are precious to me! If I'd make a top 100 list, a lot f my favourites would match with those of Beavie.