Sword/Shield Use PKMNPLAYERSCUP For Battle Ready Porygon2! Works till 31st August!

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time

Gigarchomp99

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IST (GMT+5:30)
IGN
Gargee
It's available now! The code is: PKMNPLAYERSCUP

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
OK double post, but my one sucked.

0 Attack and 0 Speed IVs, great. 31 HP, awesome. Decent Defence, Special Attack and Special Defence, not great. Had to fix that ASAP.

Gigarchomp99

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IGN
Gargee
OK double post, but my one sucked.

0 Attack and 0 Speed IVs, great. 31 HP, awesome. Decent Defence, Special Attack and Special Defence, not great. Had to fix that ASAP.
Hey Anthrix, I just had a question (may not be relevant to this thread, sorry about that) but why does the Porygon2 (or any Pokemon in general for that matter, like Butterfree, Inteleon, etc) need a 0 Attack IV? I get that the 0 Speed IV is for Trick Room, but is there a move/ability or something that makes it so that the lower the Pokemon's Attack stat is, the more its Sp. Atk. gets a boost, or something like that? I've been wondering and I didn't know what exactly to Google. :P

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
Special Attackers don't need their Attack stat, so it's optimal to use 0 Attack to reduce Confusion damage and moves like Strength Sap.

It might not come up much, every hit point might count in a really tight battle, so you might as well spend the extra time getting a 0 IV in Attack. With Hyper Training and tons of XP Candies around, it's pretty easy to at least get the 5 IV Pokémon and just hypertrain to last imperfect stat.

I've done that with my Chlorophyll Venusaur, for example, where I couldn't for the life of me get that perfect one with 0 Attack, so I cheated. Getting Max Soup is a bonus, as it means it's easier to get those 0 Attack IV Special Attackers. As it is I had to burn 3 bottle caps because I had a GMAX Charizard with 0 Attack IVs, which I thought in the long run would be better.

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Affects Foul Play (probably the main reason) and Power Split too.

Gigarchomp99

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IGN
Gargee
Special Attackers don't need their Attack stat, so it's optimal to use 0 Attack to reduce Confusion damage and moves like Strength Sap.
Oh wow. Thanks! Just realized I'd never thought about confusion damage that way. Guess grinding a bit harder for a 0IV pays off since even a little less HP lost in a battle could turn the tide. I still have a lot to learn.

Affects Foul Play (probably the main reason) and Power Split too.
I completely forgot about Foul Play too! Haven't seen it used much, especially against Special Attackers, in the few matches I've watched, but I guess that's exactly the reason why. Thank you!

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Oh wow. Thanks! Just realized I'd never thought about confusion damage that way.
Yeah, Confusion works as a Typeless move with 40 Base Power, so 0 Attack IVs can be beneficial.
I just looked it up on Bulbapedia to check the power, and apparently back in Gen III and IV Confusion damage would be boosted by Choice Band. That's crazy. Focus Sash also works on Confusion damage if you're Shedinja or get Confusioned at +6 Attack.

But I love Porygon2. It's a monster with Eviolite. Absolutely will pick that up.

Apparently you can also get a Gastrodon :gastrodoneast: until tomorrow, August 23rd at 14:59 UCT.

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
Oh wow. Thanks! Just realized I'd never thought about confusion damage that way.
Yeah, Confusion works as a Typeless move with 40 Base Power, so 0 Attack IVs can be beneficial.
I just looked it up on Bulbapedia to check the power, and apparently back in Gen III and IV Confusion damage would be boosted by Choice Band. That's crazy. Focus Sash also works on Confusion damage if you're Shedinja or get Confusioned at +6 Attack.

But I love Porygon2. It's a monster with Eviolite. Absolutely will pick that up.

Apparently you can also get a Gastrodon :gastrodoneast: until tomorrow, August 23rd at 14:59 UCT.
Yes, code for this is PJCS2019CHAMP. Thanks for search engines and you for pointing it out!

Gigarchomp99

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IGN
Gargee
Wow, that's wild about the Confusion damage. The more you know. For the longest time I thought it does a set amount of damage, like 1/16th HP or something. What a relief the Choice Band thing doesn't happen in the newer gens. Thank you Gokudera! ^^