Using our Mouse vs a Trackpad?

Vigilance

The Devil Himself
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I think predominantly people use their trackpads on their laptops (which baffles me) but I use my mouse mainly. It's nothing expensive or fancy but it's nice and is made so that when you click, you can't hear a click sound which is super useful at night in my dorm.

Which do you guys prefer and why?

Pantheon

Right. On. Cue!
Staff Emeritus
A mouse unless I am on the move and have no room for the mouse. I don't see why you'd use a trackpad if you had a choice, it's slower and more cumbersome.

Vigilance

The Devil Himself
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I agree. Comes off as a hassle to me but it looks like most people just prefer it?Think it's cooler? I dunno why though mouse ftw

Slix

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
As a Mac guy, the trackpads are marvelous. I've been using a trackpad as my main input for years now, and I love it. So much versatility. However, when I use my older Macs, I basically have to use a mouse, but that's alright, since I'd be used to them for years before getting used to a trackpad. I hate using a mouse with a laptop though, like, why would you carry that around with you?

colours

Regular Trainer
AKA
Angie/Angelica
I use my trackpad, but doing so over a long period of time is a hassle. I can't use a mouse because I don't have a desk to work with and it's kind of a pain to use a mouse over a bed, so I just don't bother.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
I prefer to just use the trackpad. If I'm playing like a game or something, I whip out my mouse so yeah.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I almost always use a mouse. I've never liked using a trackpad. It's just slower and I honestly don't like the feel of most of the ones I've had.

Vigilance

The Devil Himself
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I think the smooth touch of the trackpad puts me off for some reason and I just find it a bit weird. Could be me but the clicking and feeling of clicking is reassuring haha.

Vulture

that guy, you know
I used to use my trackpad all the time, but switched over to mouse a while ago and never used tracked again.
Also I think my trackpad might be broken but details y’know

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
I switch between both with little trouble, so it really just depends on if I have enough space for a mouse.

At the moment I'm using a trackpad though.

Azuviin

Soldier of Affinity
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Michelle
On my old laptop which I used for a while, the trackpad broke so I used a mouse. I'm really used to using a mouse now and I like the feel better, so I use a mouse more often. It's easier to do gfx as well.

Vigilance

The Devil Himself
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Oh yeah, mouse is definitely easier for gfx in general.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
back when i had a laptop i used the trackpad almost exclusively.. it didn't bother me, i guess i just got used to it, but i carried it around everywhere and used it when laying in bed or w/e, so attaching a mouse was a pain in the b00ty. I rly only used mouse for games and graphics.

Trance

resident marriland brony
AKA
Mike, PokeEpic
Time Zone
GMT+8
If I am at a desk I use a mouse with my laptop, but if I am not, I just use the trackpad.

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
If I’m at my desk, I use a mouse. However, if I’m not in my room, I use a trackpad. At least a Mac makes that bearable.

lightmagistrate

Rookie Trainer
AKA
Cody
I used a trackpad exclusively for like 3 years in late Middle to early high school. That was not very fun, especially since I was getting into LoL at the time which made it very hard to play. SInce then a simple $8 target mouse has been my go-to purchase.

Ice_Dragon

The Fairy Dragon
Staff Emeritus
Time Zone
GMT +8
I've always used a mouse with my laptop since I've never really learned how a trackpad functions.

Selecting text and zooming into text is unnecessarily complicated on trackpads.

Penumbra

The Devil's Advocate
AKA
Pen, Penu, Penny
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4313-6127-3959
I use both, but I only use my mouse when I'm at home, since I'm most likely to be playing games or working on a project when I'm in my room. I actually don't mind using my mouse on my bed if my sheets are taut.

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i’m in my bed every opportunity i get, so i use my trackpad. i have a mouse, but i never use it. at school we have chromebooks so i cant really carry around a mouse either. trackpads are just really convenient for me, so i use them.

Emilyeevee

Games and College Life
AKA
Emily
Time Zone
CT
I've learned to use a trackpad, but I definitely prefer to use a mouse. Had a chromebook in school and after a bit got a wireless mouse to use, as the trackpad is a bit of a pain. After a few wireless mice and finally holding onto one I tend to use the wireless mouse more than the trackpad on the home chromebook. I will really only use the trackpad when I have to.