AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
What do you guys think about Valentines? Do you celebrate it? If you do, are you getting something for family or partner?

I love Valentines, always have. My family likes to give each other gifts (usually sweets), and I've always given gifts to those I love. I'm writing a song for my gf this year (don't worry she's not on the new site so she doesn't know)!:happyazurill:

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
My parents usually get me some sweets but I've never had like a Valentine since I've never been a relationship at the time so I don't really celebrate it much but it makes me happy when I do see other people cause it makes me glad to see other people making each other happy.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Since my birthday is on Valentines Day, I’ve always celebrated it. Even though I’ve never had a partner.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
Since my birthday is on Valentines Day, I’ve always celebrated it. Even though I’ve never had a partner.
hey my older sister's is too!

i used to be cynical and grumpy and hate valentines (even if i wasn't single), now i use it to celebrate all kinds of love and it's a very happy and cute time always.

Last edited:

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
I remember enjoying Valentine's day more when I was in high school, cause we always used to decorate the School for the entire week. Art seniors totally hated whenever we were in there, but decorating was a lot of fun in general

For valentine's day though, I usually stay at home when I can because going to university on the day is so awkward. It's much better when I visit my gf for the week though I only did that last year

Nick!

Big Gamer God
Staff Emeritus
People of Play Counselor
AKA
Nick
valentines day candy is a gift from the gods

that is my only opinion on valentines day

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
I love Valentine's day. I have no idea what I want to do for my gf thoooo

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
Other than parties back in grade school, I never really did anything for Valentine’s Day. Our dad bought us chocolate every year which was sweet. Luvdisc grams really raised my appreciation for the day as something you can enjoy for celebrating ANY relationships tbh. The holiday has grown on me. :happyazurill:

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I don't care about Valentine's Day. It's just a Hallmark holiday for me tbh.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Me doing luvdisc grams every year for you guys single handedly made me love this holiday so much.

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
As a kid I would participate in the parties in elementary school and my mom would give us a little bit of chocolate and write us a little note every year until I was like...12 or so and my schools didn't have the parties anymore. I hated Valentine's Day in high school but Luvdisc grams made it feel less lonely than it previously had which made me enjoy the day a lot more. This year I'm getting a gift for my girlfriend too!

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Honestly, I don't even really think about Valentines Day. I mean, it's just another day out of the year far as I'm concerned. Like my only real complaint is that it's not even a day off. Then again, neither is Halloween technically speaking so to each their own I guess. I don't celebrate because I'm not in a romantic relationship, but it's not like I actively hate the holiday. I mean it at least makes sense which is more than can be said for Columbus Day. Or Saint Patrick's Day for that matter.

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
nobody made a singles awareness day joke yet, did that meme finally die?

I don't like capitalism holidays but valentine's day is probably the least bad offender so I usually ignore it, let people have their fun or something. By the time you're my age getting valentine's day cards for your mom is pretty lame though so I just never do anything.

Cynical Toast

Proud Gamer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Caroline
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
4099-4174-0519
I'd say something about how I spend the day feeling sad about how I'm alone but then I do that every day lol.

In all honesty though, I don't really care about valentines. It comes, it goes, and I usually don't really notice.

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Hmm I used to think it was eeky and feel a bit down when I saw people receiving things and I didn't. I don't really know how I feel now, but feeling jealous of people in a relationship would just feel really petty now. *shrug*

Still. Like with Christmas I don't think you need to wait for February the 14th to tell people you care.

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
discount valentines candy helps fill the void

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Isa's right it is similar to Christmas in that if you have a significant other you really shouldn't wait til Valentines Day to show you care. You shouldn't need a holiday to remind you to be a good BF/GF much like how you shouldn't need a holiday to remind you to be a good sibling or child (No matter how old you get, you're parents will still think of you as their child).

Nuuk

lilfella
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Creative Soul
AKA
lizzy
my birthday is right after valentines so typically i got a bunch of birthday stuff for it. ive never overly like it/disliked it.

me and bf typically celebrate it and my birthday on the same weekend just cuz its easier