Wandering Spirit Kilza's AMA

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
hiya

1. choose just one word to describe you!
2. do you prefer writing fiction or nonfiction?
3. sorry if this is tmi, but it interests me since i've got the same condition, would you say social anxiety is something you developed solely because of your upbringing/certain events triggering it? if it is uncomfy to say publicly maybe we can talk about it thru discord? i guess a related question, do you mind being open about your social anxiety or is it something you avoid talking about?
4. a happier question, what are some steps you've taken in your life to make progress with social anxiety? any tips to share or milestones that made you feel really good?:3
5. cat or dog person?

Flo

Seventh Siren
Time Zone
BST
top 4 tracks in HiT

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Hi! Sorry it took so long to actually do.
1. choose just one word to describe you!
Man, one word's always tough. I'd probably say resilient.
2. do you prefer writing fiction or nonfiction?
Fiction, since there's a lot creativity to be had with it.
3. sorry if this is tmi, but it interests me since i've got the same condition, would you say social anxiety is something you developed solely because of your upbringing/certain events triggering it? if it is uncomfy to say publicly maybe we can talk about it thru discord? i guess a related question, do you mind being open about your social anxiety or is it something you avoid talking about?
No, it's fine, although if you want to talk more about it we totally can!
While I can't say that it's solely because of my upbringing/certain events, I think they played a huge role in it developing. There’re some events that definitely helped towards it developing. Biggest one was switching schools midway through Grade 2, then switching into English immersion beginning Grade 3. Like, that really hurt me socially, and getting bullied during Grade 3 definitely didn't help matters!! My only friend after switching schools ended up being somebody who I knew while I was still in French immersion, and, uh, things went really south after Grade 4 (thanks internet). So I was alone for all but 2 years since I switched schools. Grade 7 I got bullied some more, and then the catalyst that caused the beginning of my social anxiety was during the summer of 2008 after I got suspended a week from a forum I was on.

Like, there's quite a bit about my upbringing that would've played a factor as well. For the most part I feel like I was sheltered and isolated growing up. Like, don't get me wrong, I was quiet and shy to begin with, definitely more so after switching schools. But my parents never forced stuff like sports on me, so for the most part I stayed inside, watching TV, playing video games, that sort of thing. It only got worse once I became friendless and no longer had play dates. So I was never really exposed to many social situations as I grew older.

So, uh, yeah. That should hopefully answer it.
As for the related question, I guess the only proper way I can answer it is this. When people know I have social anxiety, then I'm perfectly fine talking about it. However, when people don't know, then I don't feel comfortable talking about it or revealing it.
4. a happier question, what are some steps you've taken in your life to make progress with social anxiety? any tips to share or milestones that made you feel really good?:3
I wouldn't really say there are any sort of "steps" up to this point, it just feels like the whole progress thing has kinda just happened. The biggest thing is just changing my mindset and way of thinking about things. Definitely the most important tip I can give is to focus on what you can control, rather than what you can't. Since one thing I've noticed about myself is a lot of anxiety is created by thinking about what the other person will say or do or think or what have you. But you can't control what their reaction will be, y'know? You just gotta go with the flow and try to not let it stop you.

As for things that make me feel really good, honestly, it's just doing simple social things that give me anxiety to do. For example, asking for help at work or DMing people makes me feel really good. I know it sounds silly, but honestly, it just feels so good to actually be able to do social things that I likely wouldn't do otherwise because my social anxiety tries to stop me from doing them.

idk why but I found this more difficult to answer than 3, lol.
5. cat or dog person?
idk, cat person, maybe??
top 4 tracks in HiT
hmm, good question. It's been awhile since I've played HiT, so I had to refresh myself a bit here. It did remind me that god damn there's a lot of good tracks in HiT, definitely hard to choose just 4. But here goes:
1) Clock Towers Beneath the Sea
2) Killing Two Birds
3) Your Contract Has Expired
4) Peace and Tranquility

Thanks for the questions Katey and Flo!

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
It's been a month so let's bump this up!

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Hoo man you've had a lot of questions fingers crossed all of these are new.
  1. What is your favourite SEA creature?
  2. What is your favourite LAND creature?
  3. In any video game, what status ailment annoys you the most?
  4. Ever suffered any big sports injuries?
  5. Biggest pet peeve?
That is all! Have yourself an exquisite evening

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
Hey Kilza! Hope you’re having a good evening!

Questions...uh...here we go!

- What was your favorite subject in school and why?

- What is some really obscure thing that you’re good at?

- What’s something that bothers you that you normally wouldn’t tell anyone about?

- Have you ever slept with a stuffed animal (like a teddy bear or plushie)? If so, what was it?

- Since you seem to like orange flavored soda (I do too!), I figured I’d ask: do you prefer sodas that are really sugary but have no caffeine, or do you prefer sodas that don’t taste as sweet but have caffeine?

I think that’s all! I’ll see you around!

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Hoo man you've had a lot of questions fingers crossed all of these are new.
lol, yeah, they are all new from what I can recall. Thanks for the questions, man!

1. What is your favourite SEA creature?
I'm not sure. Maybe dolphins. They seem like pretty cool creatures.

2. What is your favourite LAND creature?
Man, idk, there's a lot of land creatures. Honestly, thinking about it, I don't really have a favorite. At least, not one that jumps to mind right away.

3. In any video game, what status ailment annoys you the most?
Death. It's really hard to deal with dying, y'know? After that, anything that inhibits you from actually taking an action (i.e. paralysis and affection in Pokemon).

4. Ever suffered any big sports injuries?
nah, I don't really play sports so it's hard to get injured, lol. Even when I did sports for gym class in school I never really got hurt too seriously.

5. Biggest pet peeve?
Slow drivers, especially those who don't properly use the left lane on a highway.

That is all! Have yourself an exquisite evening
Thanks! Hope your day goes well!

Hey Kilza! Hope you’re having a good evening!

Questions...uh...here we go!
Hey Vivid! This evening's been decent. Thanks for the questions!

- What was your favorite subject in school and why?
I'm gonna split this into two:
-For grade school, it was math. Mainly because I was really good at it, but I also found it interesting.
-For university it was computing science. I guess that shouldn't be a surprise given that I ended up majoring in it, lol. But basically a lot of the courses ended up being fun, it was cool to be able to learn how to program and apply it and what not, so yeah. I just wish I had known about computing science a lot sooner, lol.

- What is some really obscure thing that you’re good at?
Trying to think of something that's obscure is weird and kind of a challenge. One thing that jumps to mind as is that I'm able to walk really fast, so maybe that counts as obscure??? idk if that really meets the criteria but hey it works as an answer

- What’s something that bothers you that you normally wouldn’t tell anyone about?
Y'know, this is a really weird question for me, since honestly there's a lot of things that have bothered me over the years that I've never told anybody. Whether it's people, school/work, sports, etc. A lot of this in the past just stemmed from not really having anybody I trusted to mention it to. Nowadays, it's more that I don't really want to let stuff bother me, so even if there is something that bothers me I just don't feel the need to mention it and make a big deal out of it.

So tl;dr might basically be summed up as "pretty much everything", lol

- Have you ever slept with a stuffed animal (like a teddy bear or plushie)? If so, what was it?
Yes. Starting from summer 2003 iirc and going on for a few years, I had a stuffed teddy bear named Pooky that I slept with. I still have it, I just don't sleep with it anymore, lol.

- Since you seem to like orange flavored soda (I do too!), I figured I’d ask: do you prefer sodas that are really sugary but have no caffeine, or do you prefer sodas that don’t taste as sweet but have caffeine?
I'd go with sugary sodas. Sweetness is good, and I don't really need the caffeine, lol.

I think that’s all! I’ll see you around!
Thanks again! Feel free to come back and ask more questions any time! ;)

The Griddler

Mermaid and Robot Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Bagpipes: yay or nay?

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Hey, man!

Favourite flightless bird?
Legless lizards or snakes: which are weirder?
Are there any Taylor Swift songs that you really enjoy listening to?
Will you dab upon reading this?
If any, what are some Gen 1 Pokemon that you think should be a different type than what they currently are?

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Hey, man!
Hey Brett! Thanks for the questions!

Favourite flightless bird?
Out of those still living, emu's are pretty decent. Shoutout to the dodo's as well, a species so cool it went extinct.

Legless lizards or snakes: which are weirder?
I'll say legless lizards since I didn't even know they were a thing that existed until today.

Are there any Taylor Swift songs that you really enjoy listening to?
I mean, this is a hard question for me given how I really don't listen to music outside of driving. uhhh, I tried to quickly go through some Taylor Swift songs, and since my definition of "really enjoy listening to" kinda ends up becoming "don't mind listening to repeatedly" for this kind of music, I guess Wildest Dreams, Shake It Off, Blank Space and Style end up being the top ones for me.

Will you dab upon reading this?
I'm afraid I lost my arms during the war and have no ability to dab )):

If any, what are some Gen 1 Pokemon that you think should be a different type than what they currently are?
Gyarados is the most obvious one (Water/Flying -> Water/Dragon). Then, uh, looking through the list of Gen 1 Pokemon, I wouldn't say there's all that many. Maybe Beedrill (Bug/Poison -> Bug/Flying)? idk, most typings work for me, though.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
what is your favorite and least favorite thing about your job?

if you won an all expenses paid vacation of your choice where would you want to go and what would you want to do?

how do you survive the freezing climate you live in during the winter?????

if you owned a hockey team what would the mascot be?

The Griddler

Mermaid and Robot Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
I keep seeing your avatar but never think to come here and actually ask Golden Sun ****. I'm dumb like that.

What's the coolest looking spell in Golden Sun?

Have you played Dark Dawn and if so: for one, I'm sorry. For two, what were your thoughts about it?

Who's your favourite Adept for each element?

Where were you when Sakurai killed our hopes and dreams for Isaac in Ultimate?

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
what is your favorite and least favorite thing about your job?
Favorite: Flexible hours. I guess also in general the fact that I'm able to do programming for my job and thus am putting my education + skills to use.
Least favorite: Dealing with other people. It's always dealing with other people.

if you won an all expenses paid vacation of your choice where would you want to go and what would you want to do?
Can I just take the money that'd be used on that vacation, pocket it and stay home? :hmmazurill:

It's hard to answer this because I'm not a big travelling guy, so there aren't really that many places I'd care to go for. Maybe just go to a city of some Marriland member and see the sights and hang out with said member? idk. There's also another answer to this that I'm avoiding for the time being. Regardless, I feel like I'd waste this vacation compared to other people, lol.

how do you survive the freezing climate you live in during the winter?????
Easy. My body's adapted to cold temperatures. I wore shorts today and walked outside even though it was a high of 4C (39F) and snowing at one point and I was perfectly fine.

if you owned a hockey team what would the mascot be?
I mean, it'd have to work with the team name. Whenever I've made up teams in the past I've often gone with the Red Deer Demons (Red Deer being the city in between Edmonton and Calgary, fun little geographical fact for you). So a demon that's, uh, kid friendly. Alternatively, I'd just pay whatever it took to get Gritty from the Flyers.

I keep seeing your avatar but never think to come here and actually ask Golden Sun ****. I'm dumb like that.
It's okay, I definitely feel you in that regard.

What's the coolest looking spell in Golden Sun?
Oh man there's a lot of Psynergies I like the look of. I think I'll always have a soft spot for the look of Ragnarok, though. Just a huge ass sword slamming into your enemy, what's not cool about that?

Have you played Dark Dawn and if so: for one, I'm sorry. For two, what were your thoughts about it?
Yeah, I did. I even got it on release day, lol. I've only played it once, and that was way back in 2010. I thought it was alright, but a disappointment compared to the first two games. To add to that, although I've re-played both GS and GS:TLA a few times since then I've never gotten the urge to replay GS:DD.

Who's your favourite Adept for each element?
Venus: Felix
Mars: Jenna
Jupiter: Sheba
Mercury: Alex

The bias towards TLA playable characters is not intentional.

Where were you when Sakurai killed our hopes and dreams for Isaac in Ultimate?
idk when that happened, so I'm guessing either at home or at work, lol

Thanks for the questions Dino and Griddle!

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
League Champion
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
What is a sandwich?

Fafrir

Wild Side
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan (-6 GMT)
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
Henlo Kilza!
  1. What is your honest opinion on the Edmonton Eskimos?
  2. Do you watch the WHL?