RSE Wanna just talk about gen 3 all day?

Best Version?

• Ruby

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Sapphire

• Emerald

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • FireRed

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • LeafGreen

• All/None/Something else.

• Total voters

PIKMANZ Forever

Pikmin-Obsessed Nerd/Geek Guy.
AKA
Alex.
I love these games too much, man. Mainly Emerald.

Like. I like everything about Emerald and yeah. H e l p m e p l e a s e l o l .

And we can talk about the gen 1 remakes too. (ignore the RSE I guess) (and I'd rather not talk about the gen 3 remakes tbh. They're just meh)

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
I mostly like FRFG because of the enhanced soundtrack. RB sounded great on the Game Boy, but the GBA renditions of the music pushed it to new levels. Favorite themes of mine include the Gym Leader/Elite 4 and the song you hear south of Lavender Town.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Gen 3 has aged really well. 10+ years later and they still look and play great.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
gen 3 master race

also oras isn't meh :pensiveazurill:

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
Gen 3 was the generation I started with so I am a biased towards it. Emerald is definitely my favorite, mostly cause it was an improved ruby and my Fire red cartridge never saved properly so I only played it when I was older. It was great, but not as much nostalgic love for it

ORAS is only meh cause Emerald was amazing

colours

Regular Trainer
AKA
Angie/Angelica
Gen 3 is good stuff.

I have fond memories of it bc Ruby is the first main series Pokemon game I've owned. :>

Not a fan of FR/LG though...

Space

Beginner Trainer
AKA
SpaceRM
I mostly like FRFG because of the enhanced soundtrack. RB sounded great on the Game Boy, but the GBA renditions of the music pushed it to new levels. Favorite themes of mine include the Gym Leader/Elite 4 and the song you hear south of Lavender Town.
You're totally right haha. The song south of Lavender it's great, it's also like the menu song from Stadium. In my opinion that soundtrack gets even more amazing in Stadium, i really like Stadium for that. :lolazurill:

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Gen 3 is good. RSE, more specifically Ruby, will always hold a special place in my heart since it was the first Pokemon game I owned and beat. Even though they aren't main series, Gen 3 also contains Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gales of Darkness, so that makes me love that generation even more.

icelandic

Adept Trainer
I still think Emerald has one of the best stories in the main series. When Kyogre and Groudon are clashing and I'm running across Hoenn with the weather going haywire, I know **** Just Got Real.

thexuberant1

Beginner Trainer
Ruby and Sapphire were totally boring, but Emerald was amazing, especially the Battle Frontier.

icelandic

Adept Trainer
Man it's a long-held ambition to conquer that place. But it'd be such a task. I've never even got one symbol.

I think my last Emerald run I was trying to RNG manipulate the Lati, and trying that was so time consuming, so I never got to the Frontier. Probably a waste of time really.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Not gonna lie, Gen 3 got me into the series. I loved FRLG just because they were an introduction to what existed prior, although more fleshed out (cough, Sevii Islands, cough). As for Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald: I loved all three games, heck it was the first time I'd had all three games in the gen (all five if you count the fact that I had both Fire Red and Leaf Green). Of the five, Emerald was the best hands down, but it's kind of hard for the other two games in a standard Pokemon generation to hold a candle to the third version.

My last run was forever ago, I don't even recall how far I'd gotten on that run or if I was just shiny hunting.

Also, the remakes aren't bad by any stretch of the word. I wish that they'd been more like Emerald, because honestly I hate not kicking both Team Aqua and Team Magma's collective asses. But I do love what the remakes did add.

Last edited:

Nuuk

lilfella
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Creative Soul
AKA
lizzy
hoenn is my favorite region, i love contests, secret bases, and collecting ribbons.

i feel like the remakes and the Orre region games also really tie in just how excellent this gen is.

i still regularly play it, at least once a year.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
I think Emerald is the obvious best, but I voted for Sapphire simply because it was my very first video game that I ever had so it's special to me. I love the teams, the large region, the contests, bases, and the fact it was the first time the character opposite who you chose was your rival. I've never played the others though, so I have nothing to base my opinion on there!

Kyogre386

Regular Trainer
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
UTC-05:00
FR/LG are good, and I really liked the Sevii Islands. But most of my Gen 3 love is reserved for the Hoenn region, which has always been one of my favorites. I really think the list of Pokemon from the Gen is one of the most underrated as well.

Emerald is my favorite for obvious reasons, though I own Ruby and Sapphire as well. My original Sapphire save is probably my oldest extant save (though no doubt time based events are done) and I think I have almost 300 hours on it.