• Staff Applications

Hello fellow Marrilanders! We have reached a point for our staff team where recruiting new members is necessary — so we are opening up applications!
    If you are interested, you can find more information in this thread.

Well, this is kinda nice.

AKA
Griffin
Time Zone
EST
Hiya!

So, I got an email about this place and...god, I’m getting a bit nostalgic. I was a member here starting back in 2011 (I think?) under the username “giratinarulez23.” This was the first forum that I joined and I was welcome with open arms. I haven’t been in contact with a lot of people from the forum (or any, if I’m honest), and I’m not sure if people will remember me a whole lot, and I’m not quite sure how active I’ll be, but it’s nice to at least have a look around.

Suppose I should actually introduce myself as well. My name is Griffin, I’m 21, and I’m a bit of a dead beat, but I’ve been told I’m slightly funny and that I’m sorta nice. My first Pokémon game was Crystal, and my favorite is Platinum. Currently, my hobbies are watching anime, playing any number of video games, and working my butt off to pay my bills.

Again, good to be back, though not sure for how long and I look forward to possibly meeting old friends and maybe making new ones as well.

Last edited:
AKA
Cleb
Conveniently leaving out your IQ so new people don't think you're a strange one, I see :hmm:

Welcome back thou my dude, it's been a while so I'm glad to see you again!

AKA
Griffin
Time Zone
EST
Wait a feckin' minute, I remember you!!
WHADDUP, WELCOME BACK!
I don't think we talked a whole lot, but I definitely remember your name.
I was EeveeLover404 or Royale - if those ring a bell.
Your name rings a bell, too, but I can’t exactly place it. Thanks for the welcome!

Conveniently leaving out your IQ so new people don't think you're a strange one, I see :hmm:

Welcome back thou my dude, it's been a while so I'm glad to see you again!
Ah, right, the old 157 joke. I honestly forgot about that bit. God, I was insufferable haha. Glad to see you Cleb, thanks for the welcome!

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Oh hey there, Griffin! I totes remember you. ^^

It has been a super long time. Welcome to the new forums and stuff. Hope you do stick around.

Typhlosion

Bizarre Trainer
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I'm a bit newer than some other people here (first joined in 2013, wasn't active the first year or so) but I'm glad we can meet now that you've returned! The name's Ben. I hope you'll find that these forums are still home to a community that will welcome you with open arms. My first and still favorite Pokemon game was HeartGold, which I think is a nice mix between Crystal and Platinum. Do you have any particular interests within the realm of Pokemon?

AKA
Griffin
Time Zone
EST
Oh hey there, Griffin! I totes remember you. ^^

It has been a super long time. Welcome to the new forums and stuff. Hope you do stick around.
Oh my gosh, hi Kaity! Man, it’s been way too long. I’ll try my best to stick around, as long as life doesn’t keep me busy, and thanks so much for the welcome!

I'm a bit newer than some other people here (first joined in 2013, wasn't active the first year or so) but I'm glad we can meet now that you've returned! The name's Ben. I hope you'll find that these forums are still home to a community that will welcome you with open arms. My first and still favorite Pokemon game was HeartGold, which I think is a nice mix between Crystal and Platinum. Do you have any particular interests within the realm of Pokemon?
Good to meet you, Ben! Hoping this place could eventually be a second home like it was before. In regards to Pokemon, I’ve tried my hand at shiny collecting and at competitive battling and I still enjoy it, but now I’m more of a collector and casual player. Just beat Let’s Go Eevee a couple days ago. Also, HG/SS is real good fam

Typhlosion

Bizarre Trainer
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Hah, glad you think so. Turns out comp battling is one of my favorite things to do, so I'm always around if you want to get back into it. What sort of email was it that you got to bring you back here?

AKA
Griffin
Time Zone
EST
Hah, glad you think so. Turns out comp battling is one of my favorite things to do, so I'm always around if you want to get back into it. What sort of email was it that you got to bring you back here?
I appreciate the offer! I’ll take you up on that whenever I have a bit more free time. And the email was from Bonkenhi, or George. I was on the 4P forum after Marriland made the switch to Curse and spent some time there.

seaturtle

The Wicked Witch
Administrator
Cabin 2
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Griff! Long time no see hahah. Not sure if you remember me much cuz we didn't talk a lot, but my username way back when was bubbacca. Glad to see ya back, and I hope we can talk more cuz from what I've heard you're a pretty cool dude :hmm:

AKA
Griffin
Time Zone
EST
Griff! Long time no see hahah. Not sure if you remember me much cuz we didn't talk a lot, but my username way back when was bubbacca. Glad to see ya back, and I hope we can talk more cuz from what I've heard you're a pretty cool dude :hmm:

Hey Bubba, great to see you again! I’m hoping we can talk more too, though I’m not sure where you’re getting info because I’m pretty sure I’m still not cool lol

shhmew

it me
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
omg hi griffin, it's nice to see you join us!! welcome back to the community=) i remember you for sure though i'm not sure if we talked much... still always fun to see familiar faces o/

AKA
Griffin
Time Zone
EST
omg hi griffin, it's nice to see you join us!! welcome back to the community=) i remember you for sure though i'm not sure if we talked much... still always fun to see familiar faces o/
Nice to see you again too! We didn't talk much, but I appreciate the welcome!

~Kilza~

A Hockey Boy
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Hey Origin! Welcome back to Marriland! I don't recognize you so rip, but hey, always good to have an old member join us! Hopefully you like the new forums and you enjoy it back here!

Bonkenhi

you know how crows hop around?
Staff Emeritus
AKA
George
Time Zone
GMT
Damn, this e-mail's drawn a couple of familiar faces now! Glad to see you're well Griffin. :) I'm around and about but work's picked up lately so my appearances might be a bit brief! There's a Discord group too tho if you're keen- I'd love to catch up with you more soon. Enjoy the trip down memory lane... and don't worry about the 157 thing. Obviously all teasing on that front is in jest, I do fondly remember that post haha.

AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
Nice to meet you! I wasn't around yet in 2011, so I don't think we've met. But I'm sure you'll enjoy this new site just as much!

Jifi-Dawg

Secretly a Tepig
AKA
Jifi, jfjdawg14, Dawgy
3DS FC
3067-5211-4543
Ayy you came back too! ;7; I got the email as well but it didn't really register until I went to look at Azuriland... It's good to see you back tho!