What Are Some Playthroughs That You Enjoyed Reading/Watching? (Challenges or Casual)

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
I finished ErynCerise’s Orderlocke series recently, and I’ve been looking for new series to watch/listen to. I’m sure some of y’all have playthroughs you really enjoyed, so I figured I would make a thread for sharing our favorites!

You can also link written or comic runs of Pokémon games, and if there’s a playthrough you did that you particularly enjoyed, you can link that too!

You should mention if there’s heavy cursing or any not-PG content in the playthroughs you link. Not everyone wants to see that sort of thing.

As for me, I love ErynCerise’s stuff! She has done 4 nuzlocke challenges: PokéIdol Festival (Sacred Gold Idolocke), Fighting Chance (Origin Platinum Dicelocke), a Volt White 2 Orderlocke Challenge, and an unlisted Black Rocketlocke (I think she links the Rocketlocke playlist in one of her Fighting Chance videos, but I linked the playlist here, too). She isn’t always family friendly (there’s a lot of cursing in her earlier series, and she does make a few not-PG jokes), but her videos are always enjoyable, and her editing skills are really cool!

I would be remiss if I didn’t mention at least one of Marriland’s series as well! I’ve started his Blue Nuzlocke Stream series and his Sapphire Rainbow Wedlocke series, but the only series I’ve watched all the way through is his X Wedlocke. It’s really good, and it’s a good place to start for people new to his channel!

For comics, I have to recommend angryskitty’s “Nuzlocke On Ice” series! It’s not too far along in terms of the game, but it’s really good (and also hilarious).

Some of you might remember Dino’s Nuzlocke “Older and (Probably) Wiser” from the Azurilland forums. If you don’t, or you’ve never read it, go read it. It’s REALLY good, and it’s very easy to binge read. (I know because I did it once near the end of the run.) I don’t think Solar ever finished posting the challenge, but her “Camp Littleroot” Challenge was really cool! Here’s the remastered story version and here’s the original challenge thread.

There was a Hamilton-inspired (and by that I mean it was based on the musical) FireRed Nuzlocke that I really enjoyed too! It’s on the Nuzlocke forums. Seeing as it was based on Hamilton, expect some cursing.

What are some of your favorite playthroughs? (Please provide links!)

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Reading the original nuzlocke comics was fun, but I wish the ending was a bit better.

Vulture’s Alpha Sapphire run was incredibly entertaining and original. I hope he tries something similar in the future.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
I can't find the link, but the playthrough Solar and shhmew did, I loved it so much<3

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
can be whatever
For the casual runs, I love Solesif's Shadows of Almia walkthrough. It may be a spin-off game, but I prefer reading captions rather than listening to some random rambles (especially those not in my native language), so I find that playthrough manageable. But if it has to be the main series, their Platinum walkthrough is, well, not too shabby. That, and Kilza's Ultra Moon walkthrough here is also interesting for a written run, given that it was done by a first timer. Oh, and I almost forgot about Marriland's PSMD walkthrough too, but only if spin-offs count (again).

As for challenges, well, Marriland's Wedlocke runs (especially the non-stream ones) are quite enjoyable to the point that I can't choose between Fire Red, Heart Gold, Black, Black 2, Omega Ruby, or X for my favorite. However, I'm not really a big fan of its Rainbow variant because the Rainbow Wedlocke rules are too hard for me to grasp. And for the written ones, I somehow love to read Kaori's Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke and the Nuzlocke Hunger Games hosted by Varhii. That doesn't mean I don't read the other challenges posted here, though.

Edit: Some people kinda suggested to read Solar's Camp Littleroot back in Azurilland. I gotta admit that it's tons of fun to read.

Last edited:

Flo

Spectacular Genie Superstar
Time Zone
BST
the best nuzlocker in regards to storytelling is Manic, and this isn't up for debate.

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
I liked
  • Dino's older and probably wiser
  • Solar's Camp Littleroot
  • Brandon's Insurgence (which I never finished reading x_x it's in my to-do list D:) and his other challenges too
  • Duarte's challenge which I don't remember the name of but it was a solo with a Cubone
  • Griddle's current challenge
  • SAF's from Light Fang to Alola
  • Jaye's nuzlocke on Azu which I don't remember the name of either

tau172

MasterArceus
Some of you might remember Dino’s Nuzlocke “Older and (Probably) Wiser” from the Azurilland forums. If you don’t, or you’ve never read it, go read it. It’s REALLY good, and it’s very easy to binge read. (I know because I did it once near the end of the run.) I don’t think Solar ever finished posting the challenge, but her “Camp Littleroot” Challenge was really cool! Here’s the remastered story version and here’s the original challenge thread.
Does anyone have these archived? They're not saved on web.archive.org.

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Does anyone have these archived? They're not saved on web.archive.org.
Hey there! Welcome to the forums!

To answer your question, unfortunately the archive of our old site has been lost, meaning it's not possible to access these challenges anymore.

Since the last post in this thread was over a year ago, posting here counts as thread revival and goes against Rule #5 of our Forum Rules. Please give them a read! If you ever have questions about an old thread you can PM the relevant users or even remake the thread yourself if you like!