What Are You Currently Playing? V3

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Since I finally got a physical copy for my switch, I’m playing undertale for like the 6th time. Something about this game always gets me coming back to it.
I’ve also been doing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe races with my sister here and there.

Paradox

The Return
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Connor
I'm currently playing a ton of games, but to not clutter this thread I'll just mention three.

For Christmas, my mom got me a Steam code for Cuphead. Started playing today, and overall, I dig the style a looot. The old-timey vibes are really pleasant. However, I can already tell the game mechanics are gonna be super infuriating as the levels get harder. I've been told this game gets ridiculously difficult at a certain point, and I'm already struggling. I think I'm like 10% of the way through the game, unless I'm misreading what the game says. Overall, pretty enjoyable so far.

Also playing a lotta Overwatch, pretty standard. I got it for the Switch, as well as a Switch Pro controller, which I love. I now have a copy of Overwatch on all devices except Xbox. So far, I'd rank the gameplay of each system as goes: PC > Switch > PS4. Switch is also the most convenient so that's likely what I'll be playing the most on.

Finally, I'm doing a solo run on Pokemon Diamond with the Turtwig line. Currently in the Valley Windworks, with a Level 19 Grotle. Things are going pretty smoothly so far. Grotle's moveset right now consists of Razor Leaf, Hidden Power (Fire), Bullet Seed, and Curse. Only one faint to this point.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Switch FC
SW-6946-6396-3973
Elder Scrolls Online: FINALLY got around to finishing Dragonhold... only for me to find out there's 3 more quests to finish the Season of the Dragon. Eh... I'll do them later. I did pre-purchase Greymoor, so that'll be interesting.

Spyro Reignited: 120% the first game, and pretty early on the second game.

Ni No Kuni: Oh yeah, I got this game as well. I'm really not that far into it - haven't even got Oliver's outfit yet.

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Just got back on my minecraft grind recently, since I love the new features, very excited for the nether update coming soon.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Just beat Devil May Cry 3 for the first time. I never played the game before, so I got it for Switch.
I really like it.
The different styles and weapons are great, and the game controls are smooth as silk.
The bosses are tough as hell, but beating them is extremely satisfying.
It would be great if they fixed the camera, since its absolute garbage at times (those small rooms with the chess enemies can go to hell. The camera is atrocious there), but that's not a major issue most of the game.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Switch FC
SW-6946-6396-3973
Ori and the Will of the Wisps: Boy, is this game good. I've gotten a number of things from going on a collecting spree, and I've beaten Mouldwood Depths (That was... pretty tough). I'm in the Windswept Wastes right now and got Burrow, so I'm onto that area now... while also trying to get more stuff from other places that I've already been to.

Boss battles can get pretty tough as I'm sorting out my setups. And that's not mentioning the Spirit Trials... yeah. Trainer. Cheats. Fun times...

Cynical Toast

Proud Gamer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Caroline
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
4099-4174-0519
Spent the week replaying SpongeBob: Battle for Bikini Bottom. Even though it's a budget kids game I'd argue it's one of the underrated gems of the 6th console generation; one that goes past nostalgia. It helps that I played i when I was 4, but I can still appreciate it today.

**** the Kelp Forest, though, that level alone is the reason I can't consider the game a masterpiece. It's that bad.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
Animal Crossing, Rune Factory 4 Special, and Kingdom Hearts 3

Eevee

Royale/Taller Lizzy
AKA
Lizzy (Taller); Royale; Raere
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
SW-6769-1098-6000
Binging Animal Crossing, especially with the slowness at work (I work from home/family business in a home office soooo, sometimes there's long twiddling-my-thumb stretches of space. :)

Other than that, always playin' World of Warcraft and grinding it up baybeee.

monandd

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC-4:00
I haven't been able to get the new Animal Crossing on Switch :( so I went back to Animal Crossing: Wild World. And I've restarted Pokémon Sapphire recently, too!

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
Among other games that I've been chipping away at, I decided to dig Minecraft: Story Mode out of my backlog. I wasn't really expecting much ("haha, cash cow") but I finished Episode 1 and it's not bad so far.

Also I thought I finally finished Octopath Traveler a few weeks ago, but NOPE. There's more.

monandd

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC-4:00
Heh, kinda changed my current games midway, but due to a roommate's pressure, I'm now playing Death Stranding. It's been... a really nice (different? but also really cool and intriguing) experience so far.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Switch FC
SW-6946-6396-3973
Since I finally got my Switch this week, I've been playing a few things:

Animal Crossing: Uh... It's going alright, though I really do play very casually. I have the house, but I haven't finished off that first debt.

Fire Emblem Three Houses: I've only really started up. Chose the Blue Lions and I'm on the first exploration before the Mock Battle. Playing in Handheld mode is... very disorienting.

Pokemon Sword: Just got to the Wild Area. Managed to pick up a Keen Eye Rookidee and a Yamper and Chewtle, so that's good.

Bravely Default II Demo: Well, I've beaten the demo, but those two other bosses, the wood golem and sandworm... oh boy, they are a pain. 57000 HP (sandworm) and 72000 HP (wood golem) means a VERY long fight. Haven't managed to beat either of them, and I've maxed out level AND Job level on everything. I probably need better gear, idk.

Siddhar

Yoom...Tah!
AKA
Sid
Time Zone
IST
These are the games I'm playing:
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D: This has become my all-time favourite. The story, the world the OST, the voice acting, everything seems amazing.
Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World:
The cutest platformer I've played. It can be challenging if you want to 100% it (Which I'm attempting), or if you are casual, you can just skip collecting everything. It's fun either way.
A Nuzlocke of Omega Ruby:
This is my first Pokemon challenge. Defeated Sootopolis Leader recently, will update my nuzlocke log.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf:
I did not know what to expect, as this is my first game from the franchise. It's been satisfying so far, and I'm going to stick with it, haha!

Cynical Toast

Proud Gamer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Caroline
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
4099-4174-0519
I just played through Final Fantasy VII (The original, not the remake), and I've got to say that was pretty good. The characters, the story, the world, all of it was way more interesting than I expected from the series. My only Final Fantasy experience prior to VII was playing the first game for like an hour and naming my characters after communist dictators, so this was pretty fresh for me. I now have a desire to play more Final Fantasy games, I just don't have a way to get any of them right now. Truly cursed.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Switch FC
SW-6946-6396-3973
Animal Crossing: Got the Island Designer App and the Cliff permit. Just need the Water permit and then my island is truly my oyster. I'm also trying to see if I have a money tree pattern, so that'll take a while.

Octopath Traveler: Doing the OCTOPATH order, and got Greg Chun- I mean, Alfyn. Just need to survive the freaking Clifflands or whatever they're called so I can get Therion.

Fantasy Life: Yep, still going through this. I've been going through the backlog of requests - as much as I really could do - before starting ToL Part 4. I have... a bunch of writing to do on this front.

Overcooked: I've been playing this with my sister, and we've been trying to get the rest of the campaign up to 3 stars (those last two are hell. Literally), and then there's the Morsel DLC. We haven't started Festive Seasoning yet.

Pokemon Sword: On my way to Circhester after the Hop battle. That was actually pretty tough, since I switched out Drednaw for a Mild Toxitricity. I really need to get Sludge Bomb on it since I realised too late that Belch is practically useless.