What Are You Currently Playing? V3

Franciscosta

Communist Duck
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cabin 2
I've been playing a lot of Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp in preparation to AC 2019. I've also finally finished Return of the Obra Dinn, even if it took a lot of thinking and a bit of random guessing.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
After beating Yakuza Zero, I decided to pick up Kiwami. I was feeling a bit confident, so I upped the difficulty to Hard. It made the first fight with Shimano a pain, but beating him felt incredible.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Been replaying Pokémon Black for the first time in 8 years. It’s beem oddly nostalgic (especially the music).

Typhlosion

The Perfect Ruler
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Y'know, people always talk about how something makes them feel old, but that has never hit me until now when I hear Neb say Black and White are at least 8 years old.

Incidentally, I'm playing White as well, with a bit of Black 2 sprinkled in, for living Pokedex purposes.

Flo

Half-Genie Hero
Time Zone
BST
now that kh3 has sapped my soul out through my nose

time to move on to my switch backlog. First stop, Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Felly

loony & loopy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Gonna be dropping League of Legends for a bit since I hit my goal for the month of hitting Bronze II (at least in the Support position, ADC is probably a lost cause for me at this point, but it's okay, I got it in Support and that's what matters), and I've finished all of the Lunar Revel missions. Kinda been losing interest in the game anyways, so I figured it'd be best to take a little bit of a break and play something else.

So instead, I'm playing Clicker Heroes for the achievements, and I'm also picking up The Sims 3 again. My mom has the mobile version on her phone, and it's kinda tempted me to start playing again so I figured I'd pick up where I left off. Suffice it to say, I got sucked into it for 2 hours last night before I finally caved and decided I was too tired to continue playing.

Also still playing RuneScape kinda because I want to get level 99 in all the free to play skills. Slowly but surely, I'm getting there.

Moonwatcher

Darkness will rise to bring the light.
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
A couple of days ago I realised I never finished Tokyo Mirage Sessions, so I pick that back up. And was totally lost after leaving it halfway through chapter 5 for two years, so I started it from the beginning again.

To anyone who has a WiiU and liked Persona 3/4/5, I urge you to go check it out.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I got an imported PlayStation Vita with a copy of Persona 4 Golden, so I’ve been playing that. The late 2000’s anime feel of the game (like The World Ends With You) makes me really nostalgic despite never playing the game before. Aside from the dated graphics, everything about this game is about on par with Persona 5. The only reason I still like Persona 5 more is because it’s what introduced me to the series.

Last edited:

~Kilza~

Hurting
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I have decided to play yet another favorite game of mine, this time going with my most favorite game of all time, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Psychoreality

Lazy Music Boy
Hollow Knight: Doing a second 100% playthrough because Silksong looks hype.

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team: At the final Antasma fight, which can piss right off. I hate this fight and everything it stands for. The end of this game has been so annoying, despite how much I loved everything prior to Giant Bowser.

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
Time Zone
CST
I got a Switch so I've added more games to the list I'm currently going through:

-Danganronpa V3. Currently about to start the Chapter 4 trial. Game is just as fun as previous entries but there is noticeable lag in the movie cutscenes and sometimes during dialogue, which is an annoying issue.
-Cities: Skylines. Once you get the basics of water, electricity, garbage disposal, and zoning down getting a city up and running isn't too bad. Now to figure out how to build a metro system correctly and make highway-road intersections better...
-Super Mario Odyssey. The most fun I've had with a platformer in quite a long time!
-Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Only about halfway done unlocking all of the characters. World of Light is interesting but it's much longer than I thought it would be.

Rydia

~ POP/STAR ~
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Brian
Time Zone
PST
I've fallen in love with Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I really want to keep playing but I got midterms next week that I need to study for.
Yakuza Kiwami also just came out on PC so I picked that up as well and will be playing that soon.

Last edited:

Gokudera

4th Dan
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Devin
Playing Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition because that game is so damn good. Also playing Warriors Orochi 4 because I unashamedly love that series.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I got a Vita along with a few gift cards for my Birthday, so I’ve been swapping around several different games.

Persona 4 Golden: I adored Persona 5 and the prequel is almost as good. I did set it on hard mode, which makes the game more grind-heavy. That’s what I get for feeling confident.

Wargroove: It truly holds up to the games that inspired it. If you like Fire Emblem or Advance Wars, this game is perfect for you.

Final Fantasy 8 (PSN port): The story is a confusing mess so far, but the gameplay isn’t too shabby. The graphics have certainly aged better than 7.

Steven Universe Save the Light: As a fan of the show, I was worried about this game after seeing the mixed reviews. My worries were gone the instant I turned it on. It’s everything the mobile game was, only better (that’s saying a lot). Beautiful graphics, addictive Paper Mario style gameplay, and a wonderful soundtrack. Aside from the occasional glitch, I have no complaints here.

Crypt of the Necrodancer (Vita version): One of my least favorite genres (rouge like) along with one of my favorites (rhythm). The music is really catchy, but Arceus this game is punishing. Maybe I’ll like it once I’m more acquainted with the gameplay style.

Code Name STEAM: A true hidden gem on the 3DS. It’s a third person tactical RPG with a cell shaded comic book art style. The voice acting is cheesy, sure, but everything else here is great. I’m still not sure why this game went under the radar back in 2015.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Played through the entirety of Ib in one sitting. While I got a “good” ending, it wasn’t the best. I could start over and get it, but I don’t feel like going through it again. It’s one of those games that’s hard to go to after beating it.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
I haven't been playing much, and I'm back at uni, so I won't really have time, but...

Darksiders III: Well, the Crucible DLC is out, and while I got to Level 25 twice, I decided today to screw it and go 1-100 straight. But... I'll have to do it a few times more in order to get the stuff I want in order to upgrade all my stuff to level 11, plus get a whole bunch of artifacts and Essences of the Chosen (which I'll probably leave til last because those are 50 crucible tokens, and one whole bout from 1-100 got me 78) - but fighting Wicked Killington should be pretty fun again. Even if the 100 waves are a little annoying at times.

AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Sonic Forces for my Nintendo Switch. As I mentioned in the last thing you bought thread, I played a brief snippet of this game in the Franklin Institute in Philly when they did their Game Masters exhibit in August, and not long ago saw a joint review of it and Mania, so I was compelled and I picked it up at a lower price. Had heard mixed things about it, and while I definitely get where the disappointment is coming from, I can safely say that I'm enjoying it. Good to have something more laid back.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
This is the last update of new games I’m playing for a while as I’m going to work on my back log and save up for a PS4 Pro.

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - An amazing point and click adventure game for the DS. Great story, puzzles that make good use of the touch screen, and a distinct art style. If only this game’s sequel did better. It could’ve saved the developer from going bankrupt.

NieR: Automata - I accidentally pronounced it as “Near auto-mah-tah” when asking a GameStop employee for a used copy. The cinematic nature of this game is unlike anything I’ve ever seen before. Can’t wait to see where the story goes.

Revan

Skyborn Trainer
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
Picked up Black 2 again last week.