What Are You Currently Playing? V3

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
I'm currently playing FF14. I recently got back into it after a month of so away from it.

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
IGN
Dragonite, usually
Officially began Nier: Automata today. Seems pretty good, I've been informed that it really kicks things into high gear later though. Also, does anyone know if it's officially a hack-and-slash or a bullet hell? Because it can't seem to make up its mind

Moonwatcher

Ring ring ring, Lily desu!
AKA
Shruikan, Shu, Moon, ScrollWyrm.
Time Zone
BST
Ever since it was released in the UK, I've been obsessed with Dragalia Lost. As well as the obvious reason to like it, (AKA: Dragons,) it's a really fun game. Kinda like LoZ Four Swords, but with more different weapons. Also much better Gacha-wise than Fire Emblem Heroes. I just wish Mym was playable.

Psychoreality

Lazy Music Boy
I'm currently doing a Pokemon Platinum randomiser Nuzlocke race with a friend. I am so rusty. We're currently basically tied but I think my deaths are a bit more painful than his.

The Griddler

Maximum Overgay
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Griddle, Stercus, Fsteak, Puppeteer Mask, MystletainnKick, Dood Brodia, Charles Styles Mystery Diners, Mayor Flavourtown
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
I picked up Civilization VI for the Switch a few days ago while on a family trip because it was like, thirty dollars off. I can't stop playing it. I won for the first time last night as the Kongo, I'm now trying to go for a Domination Victory as the Aztec with Barbarians on because I had them turned off my last few times. It has been an experience.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Still on Persona 4 Golden. The boss of the sixth dungeon is on a whole new level.

I also got Persona 3 FES in the mail. As much as I’ve been whooped while playing on Persona 4’s hard mode, I’ll think I’ll do the same difficulty here. There’s something satisfying about that difficulty.

Moonwatcher

Ring ring ring, Lily desu!
AKA
Shruikan, Shu, Moon, ScrollWyrm.
Time Zone
BST
Still on Persona 4 Golden. The boss of the sixth dungeon is on a whole new level.

I also got Persona 3 FES in the mail. As much as I’ve been whooped while playing on Persona 4’s hard mode, I’ll think I’ll do the same difficulty here. There’s something satisfying about that difficulty.
You might want to be careful with FES, since you can't directly control your party members in 3, so your stuck with the AI deciding for them. So it'll likely be much more frustrating than 4's hard mode.

Related, I've just started Persona 4. Pretty cool so far. Already suspect two different characters as the main bad guy. Haven't actually got to the part where you actually have a persona or can fight yet. Good game so far though.

Cynical_Toast

Professional Video Gamer
AKA
Charlie
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
4099-4174-0519
In addition to being in the middle of KOTOR, Mother 3, Terraria, Super Metroid, Hollow Knight, and having my nightly matches of TF2, I've been getting a serious itch to pick Dark Souls up again. So I'm only playing a few things right now.

Umuchan

Praetor
AKA
Jessica
None other than Fate: Grand Order! One of my favorite mobile games to date.

Felly

beating this world
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Mainly been focusing on League of Legends and RuneScape lately. Got in a little bit of Clicker Heroes tonight, but I'm having a strong urge to play console games and not nearly enough time to do it (or the money to get the ones I do want to play).

Psychoreality

Lazy Music Boy
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition: This is actually a really fun game. Super good. I enjoy it a whole lot.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Ni No Kuni 2: I'm playing the new Timeless Tome DLC, and jeez, it's getting pretty difficult after the 3rd Memory Lane. Wow. Since the next one's in the last area (though where it is is pretty simple to get to), I thought I might as well try and beat the Winnower Wakes DLC stuff, since I still haven't beaten Mausinger. Ugh, he hits like a truck. Just managed to pass Level 90, so that's nice.

The Griddler

Maximum Overgay
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Griddle, Stercus, Fsteak, Puppeteer Mask, MystletainnKick, Dood Brodia, Charles Styles Mystery Diners, Mayor Flavourtown
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Been playing some Devil May Cry 5 and Fate: Extella/Link lately, mostly DMCV. I'm quite enjoying them so far.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I got a CRT TV the other day, so I’m playing more of my older games. With some newer ones here and there

Persona 3 FES: My year long journey of playing all of the Persona games in reverse chronological order will end with this game. I’ll definitely try the PSP remake of 1, but 2 will wait until I can understand Japanese. That way I can play Persona 2’s Japanese only follow up. As for FES, I considered normal difficulty, but settled with hard because I wanted to test myself. It should be quite an experience. (I appreciate the warning about the lack of party control though!)

Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door: I really wanted to replay this classic on the type of TV it was designed for. To make things more challenging, I’ve settled on doing a 10 HP challenge. I never noticed how funny this game was until now. Kudos to the localization team for doing such a good job.

Persona 4 Dancing All Night:A spin-off done right. The remixes are great, the characters are as likable as ever, and the difficulty customization is amazing. I think this game is even better than Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight.

Fantasy Life: Played the demo and loved it. I decided on starting with the blacksmith class.

Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines: Of the games I’m currently playing, this is one I’ve spent the least time on. It’s a shame this game didn’t get more attention. The amount of personalization is outstanding.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
I have a resolution this year to play every single game that has its character in smash bros, and I thought Final Fantasy 7 would be the hardest but alas! It came out on eshop last week so I just started it. The perspective is kind of jarring but thats honestly my only complaint!

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
I’m playing Virtue’s Last Reward. I’ve been doing okay at it so far, but now I’m seeing how well I can solve puzzles while drunk.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I finally get to make @Revan play the Ace Attorney trilogy with me now that it's out on Steam!!! We've played through the first two cases of the first game so far. It's been a few years for me but I know these games WAY too well lol.
That way I can play Persona 2’s Japanese only follow up.
Not quite accurate. P2:EP was actually released in the US long before P2:IS. We only got the PS1 version of EP and only got the PSP version of IS but they are both available in English.

Reactions: Neb

Revan

Skyborn Trainer
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
Aside from Ace Attorney with Christy, I've been playing a lot of Terraria recently, as well as Pokemon ORAS.

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
Time Zone
CST
I started Octopath Traveler. Gameplay-wise it's the kind of RPG I like although I have some questions about the narrative. It does make a lot of interesting decisions but I wonder how they'll turn out.