What Are You Currently Watching/Reading?

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
Share the last movie you saw, anime episode you watched, book you read, or anything else!

I'm currently enjoying the new season of American Horror Story: Apocalypse!

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Literally everything related to American history is what I been reading the last several months.

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
I've been watching a lot of a particular Youtube channel called Overly Sarcastic Productions. They do a bunch of ancient history and mythos videos! Also writing tips, which is always nice.

Last movie I watched was Halloweentown and I've got Molly to thank for that one

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
I've been watching a lot of a particular Youtube channel called Overly Sarcastic Productions. They do a bunch of ancient history and mythos videos! Also writing tips, which is always nice.

Last movie I watched was Halloweentown and I've got Molly to thank for that one
Omg I love that channel so much. I found it like some time last year and I binged watched all their videos at that point and been a loyal subscriber ever since.

YouTube wise, it has also been uh....A lot of history videos but whay has been helping me the most is "Crash Course" since I have been having to reteach myself a lot of US history since I myself am a medieval/ancient history historian and I have to actually be a master on American history to get my degree lol...

Azuviin

Soldier of Affinity
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Michelle
The simpsons... guess I wanted to have a satirical cartoon that I've seen before playing in the background while I draw

-Rosen

Bored
AKA
Cleb
Bunny Girl Senpai is actually surprisingly good for a show I decided not to watch at the beginning of the season. I watched the first five episodes all in one sitting last night and I’m honestly blown away with the interactions it showcases

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
I am currently reading this thread

Biohazard

21st Century Schizoid Man
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Wiktoria, Lycoris
Time Zone
UTC+2
i'm currently reading fist of the north star

Reunilu

Reddest of Mages
AKA
Shaymin, Nagi
  • When You Were Sleeping - I love me some premonition dreams.
  • What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim - admittedly I felt Young Joon was a giant turn off at first but then episodes happened and I can’t believe the writer made a narcissist so likeable.
  • Because This is My First Life - I watch this on and off. It seems nice, but it reminds me of not so nice times.
  • I Am Not A Robot even though I’ve already finished it but it continues to break and heal my heart at the same time TwT

DragonAirazel

Music Maestro
AKA
Airazel
Time Zone
EST (UTC -5)
  • The last movie that I watched was Ant-Man & the Wasp, which was a fun but ultimately largely-inconsequential entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
  • The last TV show I watched was Daredevil Season 3, which was easily my favorite season of all of the Marvel-Netflix shows and one of my favorite seasons of television programing period.
  • In the world of anime, I'm currently watching My Hero Academia with some friends — we're doing it through a screen-sharing site, so it's slow-going due to having to meet at a specific time; it's pretty okay, though. It's not my favorite.
  • In the realm of books, I've been dropping the ball on that big time. But I have the book One False Note from the series called The 39 Clues; it's pretty fun. Not much to say about that.

Arceus

Prismatic Trainer
AKA
James, Chandelure
Time Zone
EST
I watched Rocky Horror Picture Show on Halloween night with my friends. The last time I saw it was freshman year of high school, and honestly I think I'm beginning to understand why my personality developed how it did. Otherwise, I'm reading The Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell right now along with some textbooks on mineralogy.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
The first two episodes of Zombie Land Saga. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

-Rosen

Bored
AKA
Cleb
Goblin Slayer Ep. 5

At least the show has SOME light hearted moments

~Kilza~

The Rising Sun
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Currently watching some Frasier. It's a solid series y'all

Zośka

Dolphin Overlord
AKA
Sophie
Time Zone
GMT
I'm currently keeping up with Attack on Titan, both the anime and the manga. It kind of sucks that the rest of season 3 won't start up until April.

I'm also watching The Flash season 5 and Zombie Land Saga.

Penumbra

The Devil's Advocate
AKA
Pen, Penu, Penny
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4313-6127-3959
Movies - On the 1st I saw the original Friday the 13th on the big screen, which is possibly one of the most hilariously campy movies I've ever seen. Seriously, I'm surprised we weren't kicked out of the theater, except for the fact there were only about a dozen other people watching it with us. Last night I watched Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon for the first time, and idly watched Porco Rosso while I did some schoolwork.

Anime - Every 3 years I rewatch both versions of Fullmetal Alchemist, and I'm almost done with the original. Also, I've been working through my rewatch of Netflix's Castevania and will begin the new season in a few days.

Books - I finished The Quick a few weeks ago, which is the first teen-vampire novel I actually found enjoyable. I was gifted a copy of A Study in Charlotte, which is a modern retelling of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes' series, with the "Holmes" of the story being female. It's teen fiction, but it's creative and humorous at times.

Last edited:

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Just picked up the first two volumes of Orange and started reading them. The art is really pretty.

smoky

lonely
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i’ve been reading lady midnight by cassandra clare and it’s really good

she’s my favorite author and i just love her and her books a lot owo