What Are You Currently Watching/Reading?

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I just finished watching The Room for the first time, spoon chucking and all. What an enigma of a movie. It’s fantastic, atrocious, hilarious, and mind numbingly boring at the same time. Like most people, I only suggest watching it with others who participate in the midnight theater antics. Only then is it truly worth watching.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Just watched episode 8 of given.
My heart cannot handle so much in one episode.
This is a phenomenal anime...but can we not have so much drama in one episode? PLEASE?

Tetsuya Gengar

iTranquilo!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Seto-san
Time Zone
Central Standard Time
Watching: Pet Sematary both the original and remake

Reading: Pet Sematary by Stephen King

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
Since the anime club shut down, I'll have to resort to this thread to post my updates.

Currently, outside of seasonal anime, I'm watching Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V. It's quite possibly one of my favorite spin-offs in the franchise besides the original Duel Monsters and GX. Tsukikage is my favorite character in the series by far.
I'm on episode 138 as I write this, so I only have about 10 episodes to go before I finish. I've heard the finale doesn't live up to expectations (and is one of the worst anime episodes in recent history), but that won't stop me from enjoying the ride.

In terms of reading, I plan to eventually start the first volume of the light novel series So I'm a Spider, So What?, which I made a purchase request at the library for a while back. It's an Isekai series that has been confirmed to have an anime in production for the near future. And, well, as someone who really likes spiders AND Isekai series, I figured I'd give it a shot.

Flo

Seventh Siren
Time Zone
BST
arc-v bad

im rewatching gokaiger because its kino.

i'm also going through zyuohger because i skipped it previously

Last edited:

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Carmen Sandiego Netflix: Just finished watching the second season. Like the first, it was pretty enjoyable. I'm liking how they're still going to keep the Carmen vs ACME thing from the original - but just in a completely different sense.

Flo

Seventh Siren
Time Zone
BST
bros i just finished reading Thunderhead, the sequel to Scythe. This book is now in my top 10 favourite books ever. it's mad good.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Watching Marvel's Runaways with @Karolina

uwu and also whAT THE ****

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
I've been reading the Boarding School Juliet manga. Makes me lowkey wish I had a worthwhile romance in my life, but I'm not counting on it happening any time in the near future. I also finally got started on the So I'm a Spider, So What? light novels, so there's that too.

As for what I've been watching, it's mostly just been seasonal anime. The only thing I watched today was the new Black Clover episode, haha.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I’m reading another space opera. This time it’s “Revelation Space” by Alistair Reynolds. The prose flows decently well and the premise is quite entertaining.

Flo

Seventh Siren
Time Zone
BST
ok zyuohger also rules and not just because captain marvelous shows up though that does help

next up is ryusoulger i guess

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Currently reading through My Utmost for His Highest, a book of devotionals I borrowed from a friend. Hardly literature, as it's a collection of (very) short lessons and talks, but not bad for some insight.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Just watched the first episode of Stars Align.
I was not prepared for how it ended, but I loved it.

PerfectWorld

Fiery Passion
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Anne
3DS FC
3970-0367-7253
Switch FC
6736-1504-8698
IGN
Anne
I watched the new episode of My Hero Academia season 4 and it was really good. Nighteye is a cool character and I hope Deku can show him he's a worthy succesor to All Might. Just from the preview I feel like the next episode is gonna tug at the heart strings.

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
Today I watched the new episodes of GeGeGe no Kitaro, Boruto: Naruto Next Generations, Ensemble Stars!, Fairy gone S2, Vinland Saga, Special 7, and Pokémon Sun & Moon.

The Kitaro and Boruto episodes were average. The EnStars episode introduced one half of Eden, Eve. Fairy gone is okay. Vinland Saga is great, and I'm excited to see where that goes. Special 7 continues to be one of my picks for underrated anime of the season. And I still can't believe that next week, the Pokémon SuMo anime is going to come to a close. I feel like seeing all of the Alolan friends leave the anime for who knows how long is going to be heartbreaking.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Teen Titans Go VS Teen Titans + Teen Titans Episodes: I got the DVD a while ago, and decided to put it on. Still a pretty good movie. Not flawless, but eh.

Anyway, in the DVD also has 9 episodes in special features - 6 Teen Titans Go Episodes (can't be bothered to remember what ones) and 3 OG Teen Titans Episodes (Final Exam, How Long is Forever?, and Deception) - two of which I remembered quite a bit of, and the last one I barely remembered until I saw it. How Long is Forever still remains one of absolute favourite episodes, so it was nice seeing that one again.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Just watched Troll 2. It’s as bad as I heard it was, but I still think The Room a worse film overall.

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
I watched the finale of Pokémon: Sun & Moon (episode 146). I'll admit, I felt some serious emotions during that episode.