What Are You Currently Watching/Reading?

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
I just caught up to the manga for Twin Star Exorcists, and holy crap, that was a wild ride. The stuff that happened after volume 16 left off is insane.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Rycon Roleplays - Leon's Tale: Well, I mean, it IS a Youtube series... but yeah, I finally got around to finishing Season One, and just sort of started on Episode 24 (the second episode of Season Two). Damn, I can't recommend this enough - it's just so well done.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
The Witcher Netflix: Just finished watching Episode 3. My god, this stuff is insane. I know that the original book has the entire thing from Geralt's perspective, but I really don't mind this trio PoV thing that's going on with Geralt, Yennefer and Ciri. Nor do I really mind the casting choices. Also, that theme - and the soundtrack in general - is pretty damn good.

UPDATE: Finished up the season! Damn, this was good. Real good. Definitely excited for season 2.

Last edited:

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Today I watched episode 5 of outlaw star, maybe I’ll watch episode 6 today too. It’s okay, not as interesting as I thought but I’ve seen so many 90’s space cowboy anime they all kind of mush together.
I also read a bunch of chapters of oyasumi punpun, a lot more depressing than expected, but not a bad manga. The art is so good

Null

watching sad anime
Time Zone
AEST
IGN
Aevis/Null
Sao Light Novel volume 12: Alicization Rising

Gokudera

Silver King
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
An anime named K.
Nearly finished Season 1.
Damn good anime. Love the plot and the way its presented.
Has a Momento feel.
And it integrates CGI really well. It looks downright gorgeous (sans the helicopters. Oof.)

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
Okay just finished Mandalorian

Consider I've only watched 3 Star wars movies in total, I loved that a lot more than I should have

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Incidentally, I finished The Mandalorian last night as well. It was just as good as everyone has said.

Unfortunately, I can't guarantee that enjoying this show will translate into enjoying the movies.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Well, I didn't expect to ever be interested in these, but...

Isekai Quartet: I don't know how I ended up watching it, but I did, and I enjoyed it. And since Shield Hero is coming in Season 2, that'll make things even more interesting. Watched it with English Sub.

Which then led onto...

Youjo Senki: Saga of Tanya the Evil: That's... all 12 episodes AND the movie. Holy ****e, this is some good anime. I never expected I would enjoy it. Watched it with English Sub, because Isekai Quartet made me used to Aoi Yuki as Tanya.

I have no idea how I ended up watching them, but I did, and it was great.

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I started reading Parish Priest which was given to me by a friend. It's a biography of Father Michael McGivney, the founder of the Knights of Columbus.

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
Excluding seasonal anime, I've been working on getting through a few notable series:

Higurashi - When They Cry (Anime)
I'm only two episodes in, and while I already know a lot of the spoilers, I'm still interested in seeing how it plays out. I think I'll take my time with this series, maybe just an episode or two a day to keep myself from getting burnt out. I plan to play the visual novel after finishing the anime so I can compare the two freely without worry.

Is This a Zombie? (Anime)
This show is ridiculous in its execution. I'd say it's kind of funny at certain points, but at the same time it's just plain strange. Eight episodes in. I plan to finish the first season tomorrow.

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (Light Novel)
I finished reading volume two of this series, and that just so happens to be the volume that the anime's second half adapted. Merry coming to terms with the deaths of her former party members hurt almost as much as it did in the anime.

No Game No Life (Light Novel)
I'm reading volume eight currently, and it seems like the stakes continue to raise higher and higher. The current challenge that Blank has to face is a serious one, and I'm interested in seeing how the game with the Old Deus will turn out in the end.

Gokudera

Silver King
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
I recently finished Stsrs Align Season 1. Because the creator made damn sure he's getting a second season. That's one hell of an ending.
The fact that this can mix so many elements so well without seeming too cramped and overbearing is impressive. The fact that Kazuki Akane was still able to do thst after being told his anime was cut from 24 to 13 episodes is completely insane. I love this anime and I'm so happy Akane is dedicated to getting a sequel.
I also recently watched K. The story is interesting, and told really well.
And the animation is beautiful. It integrates CGI better than most other anime.
Except for the helicopters. They look pretty bad lol.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Isekai Quartet 2: The first two episodes are out - and can I say that this new OP: "Isekai Showtime" is a banger? Because it is. Even if the Shield Hero gang are more like side characters.

Aqua holding bottle: HELP ME
Naofumi: Shield Prison forms prison around self and Raphtalia - and not Aqua

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I began reading El Camino by Miguel Delibes for my Spanish class. In terms of things I'm reading purely for enjoyment right now, nothing. Unless you count intermittent, chapter-a-day rounds of Pokemon Adventures.

Gokudera

Silver King
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Just finished the latest volumes of MHA and Promised Neverland.
MHA was alright. Just finished up more on-Academy fights. They introduced a few new characters, one of who is amazing Manga Fukidashi, who can make onomatopoeia appear and use them to attack. I love that concept, and he shines in his battle. I really hope he gets more "screen" time.
Promised Neverland, on the other hand, was amazing. This volume has is the most action packed so far, and has some legitimately terrifying moments. And a few really heart wrenching moments, too that are handled beautifully.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Isekai Quartet 2: Episode 3 and 4 are out, and... yeah, they're good. (And I actually like Ponkottsu over Girl's Night Out {the first season ending} - maybe because of Megumin and Visha, idk) Especially the part where Ainz uses Time Stop to cheat an exam... only for Aqua to be the one who cheated instead. (As well as both Tanya and Subaru being immune because of things in their own series)

I need to get around to watching Konosuba - maybe even Overlord, idk. I'm still sort of on the fence on Re: Zero.

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Keeping up with seasonal anime for once, somali and the forest spirit and keep your hands off Eizouken, they’re both incredibly charming. Also still watching outlaw star lol

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Isekai Quartet 2: Episode 5 - the Valentine's Day episode - is out, and... well, poor Weiss. Poor, poor, Weiss. (And Tanya giving Rerugen chocolate is actually kinda hilarious, itself, since the two completely misinterpret each other)

And, uh...

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid: I honestly have no idea what compelled me to watch this. Maybe the videos of Kanna eating a lot? Probably. But that OP is banger. I've only watched 4 episodes so far, and I actually like it.

Gokudera

Silver King
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
I'm mostly keeping up with seasonal anime right now.
Ahiru no Sora is a really nice basketball anime. And theres more than enough to differentiate it from Kuruko's Basketball.
The Case Files if Jeweler Richard is ok. The characters are what saves this show. The premise of a jewelry appraiser getting involved with various cases is good, and its executed ok, but the cases are basic and get resolved in the same episode they're introduced in. However, Seigi and Richard are great foils to each other and they're the only reason I'm still watching.
Somali and the Forest Spirit is wonderful. The contrast between Somali, a young human girl in a future where humans are all but gone (because humans did stupid **** like we always do) and her emotionless golem "father" is used fantastically. And the animation and artwork is stunning. The backgrounds are amazing. I would buy an RPG set in this world immediately. It's so good.
ID:Invaded is a really cool detective anime with an interesting premise where someone invades someone else's subconscious to find the killer in there and figure out how the killed people, where they are, and evidence that they did it. The way everything is visualized is unique, and explored really well.
Given volume 1 just released today in English and I'm so damn happy.