What Are You Currently Watching/Reading?

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I watched My Holo Love. It's a new series, I think? It was odd but satisfying and now I'm interested.
Other things I was watching:
-Glee - I had already watched it when it came out but I wanted to watch again. The characters are interesting and the songs are nice, at least the first seasons. I'm currently on season 2.
-Pokemon Sun/Moon - I watched an episode with a certain Pokémon's evolution and Ash obtaining his fourth Z-crystal.
-Naruto - still not on shippuden but enjoying the filler(?) nontheless. Hilarious stuff. Deep, too.
-Kakegurui - kind of unusual. Stopped watching, though.
-The Little Prince. I had already watched it but wanted to again. It's cute!

gylfie

you shouldn't have listened
I started watching and reading Hunter x Hunter because I didn't learn my lesson of staying away from series' that go on frequent haituses.

I've also been watching the trailers for the tower of god anime basically on repeat ever since they were released. I'm SO. excited u don't even know

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Switch FC
SW-6946-6396-3973
Isekai Quartet 2: What do you have on your chicken wings? Salt? Ketchup? Mayo? Well... since the class can't seem to agree, they play dodgeball... and break the ball. Also, physicals (With Wiz trying to measure Tanya and Filo, but failing because of Tanya's ahoge and Filo's hair flick). Oh yeah, and robeless Ainz. Fun times.

In/Spectre: I've been watching clips of this anime, and finally got around to watching the first 6 episodes. It's very wordy, but some of it just makes me laugh. Like Kotoko's sometimes hilarious comments and expressions. Oh, and the OP's a banger.

Last edited:

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
While I could attempt to talk about several of the shows I've been watching, from DenYuuDen to Kiznaiver to Beelzebub, I'd like to point out what is quite possibly one of the anime I've had the most fun with in the past 3 or so years: BOFURI

BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense is a charming show, something you wouldn't expect from a VRMMO anime. The main character becoming absolutely broken to the point of making even the admins confused as heck isn't as frustrating so much as it is hilarious. The supporting cast are all enjoyable characters, and seeing them interact just adds to the fun. My favorite characters are Sally and Kasumi for varying reasons. Also "Good Night" by Rico Sasaki is such a beautiful song, and it's likely the first insert song in an anime that I've thoroughly enjoyed since I first discovered that one Beyond the Boundary song. I do enjoy the OP and ED quite a bit as well.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Switch FC
SW-6946-6396-3973
In/Spectre: This anime continues to impress. I'm about a week behind, since I don't have Crunchyroll - I just watched Episode 9 tonight - so things are getting interesting in the last few episodes of this season.

Isekai Quartet 2: Visha and her food... and Filo looking for a theme for a play. Pretty nice episodes. Next one's supposed to involve Wiz or something, but I'm not sure what it really is about.

I actually kind of have a slight interest in watching "Ascendance of a Bookworm", so I might look at that - considering the number of clips I've looked at (including that one at the end of the first season)

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Finally got to watching KareKano. Never been a huge romance anime person but I’m enjoying this one. Also finishing up episodes from Astro boy 1963 I haven’t seen yet
I’m gonna watch so much anime while being quarantined

monandd

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC-4:00
I just finished The Politician, the Netflix series, and fell in love with the concept and the execution and everything <3 Next thing I'm gonna watch is a Pokémon movie, The Power Of Us, for the first time.

Regarding books, I have a few poetry books from local authors but I still haven't decided what I'm going to read next.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
I recently finished up The Stranger by Harlen Coben. I was honestly really underwhelmed by it. I watched the first few episodes of the Netflix series, and decided to read the book first, but I just wasn't that impressed with it. The stakes are nowhere near as high as the author thinks they are.
I might just end up create a review topic and review this soon.

I also just finished Promised Neverland Volume 14 and all I have to say is "****ing finally"

monandd

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
I've been reading quite a lot these last days! I just recently finished Demanding the Impossible, by Slavoj Zizek, a philosophy book. Kinda interesting, although I don't share Zizek's opinion on all the issues he brings up throughout the book it's a nice read nonetheless.

Right now, I started reading Eternal Enemies, a poetry book by the Polish author Adam Zagajewski. Also nice! I started yesterday, and think I'm gonna have it read by tomorrow.

Siddhar

Yoom...Tah!
AKA
Sid
Time Zone
IST
Currently watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I am enjoying it so far, and am excited to see what comes next. Didn't realise I'd watched seven episodes in a row.
Apart from this, I am reading The Rise And Fall Of Dinosaurs by paleontologist Steve Brusatte, which, apart from explaining the origins and history of the dinosaurs, gives an account of a paleontologist's experiences as well.

monandd

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Update on what I'm reading: Divisions by Kyell Gold. It's the third book in a series of cute furry romance novels <3
Besides that, I read a poetry chapbook, Painted Blue with Saltwater by Logan February. It was pretty cool and heartfelt.

gylfie

you shouldn't have listened
officially obsessed with spy x family. it’s so cute and funny and all the characters are 50% genius/50% dumbass and i’m here for it. it’s ridiculous and sweet and a little serious sometimes and i love it

OH! and i started watching the owl house. im enjoying the world building and humour so far!

update: owl house is SO CHARMING, the characters are delightful and fun to draw and lumity???? makes me emotional thinking about the young girls seeing themselves in these characters like that. also i love hooty so much. like i actually laugh so hard every time he shows up :'D

Last edited: