What Are You Currently Watching/Reading?

Petros

Pokémon Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I'm reading two books at the moment:
  • The Mist by Stephen King: the atmosphere in this book is sooooo good. Also, I enjoy reading it when it's rainy or cloudy so I feel totally immersed in it.
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams: some friends said I should read this one. So far, I'm not too sure I'm liking it but I've only read 1/4 of the book, so my mind might change quite soon.
I've started reading The Waters of Nyra by Kelly Michelle Baker. It's pretty good so far. The cast is comprised of dragons, dragons, and more dragons. Oh and did I mention that there are dragons? :p
Also, my favourite character is already dead. After 9 pages. So that's a thing.
Hmm, Been looking forward to reading some books about dragons but couldn't find one that appealed to me. Is it any good?

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
Hmm, Been looking forward to reading some books about dragons but couldn't find one that appealed to me. Is it any good?
I haven't read all of it yet, but It's pretty good so far. Not awesomely amazing or anything, but I've read much worse.

Have you checked out Wings of Fire or Seraphina? What other books/genres/tropes do you like in general? I've read quite a lot of dragon books, so I might be able to help.

The Griddler

Mermaid and Robot Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Just started watching Final Fantasy XIV: Dad of Light. It's a live action/machinima miniseries based on the true story of a young man reconnecting with his estranged father through Final Fantasy XIV. It's very cute so far.

Petros

Pokémon Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I haven't read all of it yet, but It's pretty good so far. Not awesomely amazing or anything, but I've read much worse.

Have you checked out Wings of Fire or Seraphina? What other books/genres/tropes do you like in general? I've read quite a lot of dragon books, so I might be able to help.
Never heard of any of those! Been taking a look at Seraphine and sounds really interesting to me. Would you recommend that one over The Waters of Nyra?

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Time Zone
BST

Never heard of any of those! Been taking a look at Seraphine and sounds really interesting to me. Would you recommend that one over The Waters of Nyra?
Of the two I would definitely reccomend Seraphina. It has good writing, worldbuilding, characters, about the only problem I have with it is that the dragons are in human form for most of it. :P
Though I would personally reccomend Wings of Fire over everything else, but that's just me fanboying.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Game of Thrones: Watched the first episode of the final season! And it was an interesting episode. One wonders how the next one will go. Aside from the Battle.

Rising of the Shield Hero: This episode was a nice, but sad, episode. Except now there's a massive dinosaur on the loose. Fun.

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
I started Guilty crown yesterday. I'm now halfway through the series already, and, uhhh, it could be better. It's not as awful as others make it out to be, but it's certainly not great.

I also read volumes 5 and 6 of the Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun manga. Still a funny series.

Psychoreality

Lazy Music Boy
JoJolion Chapter 85
This is a really fun arc so far. Tooru seems to be a really sus character, as he seems to be attempting to pull Josuke and Yasuho apart. Whether he thinks they're dating and is just jealous or is actually a bad dude remains to be seen. Jobin is still a goofball, but is becoming more villainous as time progresses. Still... where the hell did Kaato go? Tsurugi and Jobin seemed to be working under her a few chapters ago, but she hasn't appeared directly for what must be a couple of years at least. Hopefully this Head Doctor arc finishes in a few chapters and we finally learn a little more because the final battle can't be far off.

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Time Zone
BST
Stargate Atlantis. I've seen up to episode 7. Liking the O'Neill equivalent so far, and Dr Weir is awesome. I'm also liking that about half the episodes are focused at Atlantis home base, as opposed to SG:1 where it was almost always off-world stories. The new bad guys aren't as cool as the Goa'uld though.
Don't trust Teyla at all though. Calling it from episode 1 that she's 100% a spy for the Wraith. (Coincidentally, there was a whole episode where they suspected her as a spy, using exactly the same logic I had.)

Sebastian

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
cameronfedora
I'm watching Devilman Crybaby on Netflix, which is a strange yet captivating show. No books right now.

The Griddler

Mermaid and Robot Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Been watching BrutalMoose's BrutalFoods series, where he does various recipes as well as tries out various foods. I've watched most of them before but it's something I keep coming back to out of their entertainment value. Here's the one I'm watching right now.

Sylveonn

Beginner Trainer
AKA
Emily
Switch FC
SW-5650-2285-5327
Currently I’m reading Wonder Woman: Warbringer (I highly recommend it, I CANNOT put it down) and I’m on book ten of the House of Night series (a guilty pleasure series).

On the tv front I am currently watching Futurama. Such a funny show.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Game of Thrones: HOLY CRAP. HOLY CRAP. Freaking hell, the Battle of Winterfell was INTENSE! I would say more, but I'd rather not spoil it for people.

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Time Zone
BST
Fox Tales; a not-quite-new-but-not-old (2017 I belive) documentary about foxes (Obviously :P). It followed a group of fox cubs living along the newfoundland coast from birth to leaving home. Also had some info about arctic foxes, and foxes adapting to live in urban locations.

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
Pandora Hearts (the anime series; I already finished the manga). I feel like the anime is over-hated because of salty folks who haven't gotten a sequel or remake of the anime. The anime does a good job of adapting the early chapters of the series. Episode 15 is my current point.

Also reading No Game No Life volume 6 for the light novel. I've seen the movie, so I know what happens to Riku, but I still feel like I'll hurt a little inside when things happen.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Latest things I watched was "Your Name" and all of season five of Steven Universe.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I've needed something to watch in the mornings while I wake up, so I've gone back to watching Corner Gas. Such a good series. I've also been catching episodes of The Office that have been on TV, and I've been enjoying it.

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
I just finished Adventure Time about a week ago, and I started Mirai Nikki/Future Diary today. I've watched it before, but I'm two episodes in and remember nothing, so that's a plus, I guess.

In terms of reading, I finally finished Anna Karenina last month, so I'm going to be starting on The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules by Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg. I got it for Christmas, and it looks interesting, so I'm excited to get into it and start reading!

Stralend

Dreamer of Faith
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Star; Sara;
Time Zone
GMT + 1
3DS FC
5413-1220-4222
I'm currently watching Elementary and I'm just trying to catch up and see everything. I've seen random episodes on the tv but I want to know the WHOLE story, you see.

As for reading I'm reading a book from John Green which is called An abundance of Katherines. It's amazing so far, and just the mathematics things that come here and everything and it's jjust laughable XD