What Are You Currently Watching/Reading?

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
been watching this show on netflix called santa clarita diet, i like it a lot but they cancelled it just days after i started watching it ; ; a big big shame lol

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
I just watched episode 28 of Le Cirque de Karakuri (or Karakuri Circus). The show is mediocre, and it never really gives the supporting characters time to develop into ones we care about. Shirogane and Masaru are like the only notable good guys. Faceless continues to be a good, hate-worthy villain, but a bad character in general.
Overall, still a 6 at best.

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
Just seen the season 1 finale of Star Wars Resistance. Pretty cool. Much like Rebels, after a lighter start, it's not pulling many punches. General Hux's speech from TFA makes an appearence, along with the events that ensued after.

Looking forward to seeing where they go with Tam now, since she was more supportive of the First Order, willing to give them the benifit of the doubt and try to see their side, which also explains how the First Order came to power in the first place.

Also, Kaz with no jacket and wet hair looks a lot like Shiro. I hope he changes it to be his default outfit for season 2. :P

Flo

Seventh Siren
Time Zone
BST
I finished reading the book 'Scythe' by Neal Shusterman. A very solid book with an interesting setup and resolution that subverts common expectations. I'll be looking for the sequel book to see if it carries my lofty expectations. A solid 9.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Last movie I watched was Enter the Spider-Verse. Twas good fun. Great music and great animation.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Just started reading “Invisible Man.” From the first chapter, the book hits you with so much emotion and power. The sentence flow is really nice too.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
bee and puppycat is simply the best thing

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Reading: Ambush. The third in the Sydney Rose Parnell series by Barbara Nickless, and I am hooked. I'm a fan of the modern thriller fiction, and this series is one of my favorites.

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
Anime-wise, I've been watching Beyond the Boundary. I'm 9 episodes in, and the current score is a 6.5/10. Some of the later episodes made the score drop from a 7/10. Episode 6 was still hilarious, though.

Manga-wise, I finished volume 22 of Claymore. I'm slowly but surely getting towards the end of this wild series. I'll be watching the anime sometime this year, as well.

Also, I saw Detective Pikachu and had an absolute blast.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Checked out a few movies at Blockbuster and enjoyed both of them!

First was Spider Man Into the Spiderverse. I’m not that interested in Super Heroes, but I had a blast with this one. The animation is just too gorgeous for words.

The other was Call Me By My Name. I heard great things about this movie and now I know why. Such a tearjerker.

Flo

Seventh Siren
Time Zone
BST
Just finished up my rewatch of Gokaiger. It's so good and it's very upsetting how dog awful Super Megaforce is in comparison. The final fight is so raw.

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Time Zone
BST
Started watching Dragons: Defenders of Berk. I like how while it's still episodic, this series has more of an ongoing storyline running in the background instead of each episode being 100% self contained.

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Going to be watching Firefly this month at some point. It was recommended to me a while ago by an old friend, and I never got around to watching it so here I am, getting ready to watch it this month.

Currently reading Great Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe. I picked this up last month, and I just barely touched it. I've read the book in its entirety before, and some of the stories in it, I've read multiple times. Poe is an interesting writer for sure, but I just cannot stay engaged with this book, so I feel like I'm going to be reading this for a while.

-Rosen

Bored
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Cleb
Caught up on the Attack on Titan manga today. All I've got to say is what the ****

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
Just saw Spider-Man: Far From Home. Peter Parker is big mood tbh.

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Time Zone
BST
Finally got a Netflix sub, so have been working through the shows I couldn't watch before.
Just finished Puella Magi Madoka Magica (New favourite anime! :3), now I'm on season 7 of Once Upon a Time.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus: As a big fan of the original Invader Zim series, this movie was absolutely amazing. Considering I just finished watching it like... 5 minutes before this post, just... hearing Zim's classic voice, and the absolute shenanigans that happened were hilarious. Granted, I haven't watched the original Zim in years, and I never watched the full series and only remember some episodes. But this was an absolutely amazing movie. It's on Netflix, so check it out if you want.

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
After much badgering my brother finally convinced me to binge Attack on Titan with him a few weeks ago. I ended up really liking it, more than I thought I would, and now I'm bummed that we have to wait over a year for Season 4.