What do you think of your name?

Ruellia

I'm a flowerrr
So names identify us and such, but we don't get to choose them! So what do you personally think of your own name? Do you actually like your name... or just content w/ it... dislike it? What would you change your name to if given the opportunity??

If you don't want to reveal your name you can bring up any past usernames you've had and why you no longer use that/those name(s)! My past username on this very forum was MeltyDream which I honestly just thought of randomly so I could join the forum, so I changed my name after giving it a little bit of thought!

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
I couldn't imagine my name being anything else. Growing up, my parents and family members used the nickname Kaity for me (my real name is Kaitlyn) and it just stuck.

Now a days, I feel weird when people call me Kaitlyn. Like I'm in trouble or something.

icelandic

Adept Trainer
I intend to change it, but stuff keeps getting in the way. I have the surname of a parent who pretty much abandoned me.

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
I'm okay with my middle and last names, but my first name is shared with a certain toxic celebrity that I'm not fond of in the least. That's probably why I go by so many aliases online, although I'm not afraid to say my first name if asked.

Besides, I still wouldn't change my name. "Justin". . . "Justice". . . I like justice.

Last edited:

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
So I'm a Michael, which is all right, except the fact that there were about three other Michaels in every organization I've ever been in started getting old by about middle school.

I'd change it, because it's honestly really annoying, but that costs money, and probably most of my family would get real mad at me, and everyone I know irl would still call me by my old name anyway, so I probably won't change it.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I like my name. There have been points I thought it was boring (Christy isn't super common, but Chris is), but it's a part of who I am. I'm also pretty fond of my last name which is super unique. I get a lot of comments on it tbh. I think my middle name is pretty. Kind of a shame that those never get used for anything :cheekyazurill:

atlus 2

biglilfella
Creative Soul
AKA
matlus
It sucks for a man as great as I am

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Yes, I like my name of Kilza. It has become who I am. I wouldn't want to be called anything else tbh.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
“Benjamin” is an extremely common name, but it’s one I like. It has a nice ring to it.

I actually have two middle names. One comes from my late uncle and the other is a name my parents changed their mind on. Once again both names are common, but put them all together and you have a nice full title.

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
At first, my given name, Daamiyan, was actually something I really disliked due to being brought up in an English community with British standards. It was like a running joke that none of my English teachers could pronounce my name, so yeah I wasn’t a fan of it at the start. It has grown on me a bit recently so I’ll probably stick with it throughout

The name Moxie though, I’m not really sure where the name came from but just liked the sound of it. Though friends tell me it’s a bit feminine =.= I do really like the name

Fafrir

Queen of Dragons
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
Switch FC
SW-5955-0028-4991
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
Yes, I like having Ashley as my real name despite encountering a few people with the name as well. Plus, I cannot see myself with a different name so I've no plans to change it.

Also, I'm fond of my middle and last names, especially my last name.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
i don't like my name. "Katelyn" and all variations thereof are extraordinarily common and I can't go ANYWHERE without someone having the same name and people being like "can i call you something else." and everyone spells it wrong. it's boring and annoying at the same time. Katelyn is i think the most common spelling of the name too. "Katey" has been my nickame forever and it's at least a little more unique, since most people spell it katie or katy, so i try to stick to that, but i still feel like it's way too boring and lame and BLEH. at work my higher ups and people who have been there since i was hired called me Katelyn, but newer people call me Katey since that's what my name badge says.

don't like my name at all wish i had a different one.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
i'm quite fond of my name. i think that victoria is a p nice name and don't see myself as anything else.

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i like my name in my native language, but obv all my international friends have a bit of trouble pronouncing it, so i use the nickname Airin online ^^ I like Bunnie the most though :3

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
I used to HATE my name. Like full on despise it. However, since growing up and maturing I've grown to really value my name and be appreciative of how different it is since I myself don't look like the average person. "Curry" is such a unique and different name and it is actually quite nice going places and knowing I'm most likely the only "Curry" around. It is also incredibly entertaining when someone asks my name online and I tell them and they don't believe me right away, always makes my night.

So yeah, despite hating it when I was younger, I've grown to really like and appreciate my name and wouldn't want it to be anything else at this point.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
My name has a story behind it, so that's good enough for me. I'm content with my name. I own it. It's who I am.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
I've been thinking a lot about my name lately. Honestly I don't care a ton whether people call me Christian or Chris, but it just feels right for some people to use Chris, if that makes sense. It just makes me happy. I know a lot of people call me Bubba because it's been my nickname for a long time, but I kinda prefer Chris/tian now.

that being said if some people stopped calling me Bubba that would feel weird af too

so i guess uhhhhh it's rly weird but i care specifically what my close friends call me by because it feels right/in-character for them?? idk.... it's weird but that's the best way for me to explain it lol

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
i should clarify i do LOVE my middle name (Melissa). it has a lot more attachment and also more of a story than "my mom saw it and liked it." i've considered going by my middle name instead a few times, but it would just confuse people, so instead i kinda go by Katelyn Melissa instead of my real last name because, surprise, my last name is also super common and horribly boring.

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
My name isn't very common and I used to not like it at all. My father picked my Chinese name and my mom just chose an English name that sounded close to it. I always wondered what it would be like to have a more common name, and how weird it would feel to have another person with the same name as me.

Now I'm okay with my name, but I still think a lot of common names sound really good.