What do you think of your name?

Ruellia

I'm a flowerrr
i don't like my name. "Katelyn" and all variations thereof are extraordinarily common and I can't go ANYWHERE without someone having the same name and people being like "can i call you something else." and everyone spells it wrong. it's boring and annoying at the same time. Katelyn is i think the most common spelling of the name too. "Katey" has been my nickame forever and it's at least a little more unique, since most people spell it katie or katy, so i try to stick to that, but i still feel like it's way too boring and lame and BLEH. at work my higher ups and people who have been there since i was hired called me Katelyn, but newer people call me Katey since that's what my name badge says.

don't like my name at all wish i had a different one.
Aww. I think my name is kinda boring too but most people love it. *shrug*

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i'm alright with kaleb. it's not my first choice for a name but i can live with it. my middle name is nicholas to honor someone in my family, so i can understand why it's not my name bc it has a personal story to my family, but i like it so much more than kaleb like wtf. everyone knows me as kaleb tho so i can't be bothered to tell people to call me nick or something

as for like nicknames and stuff, solar calls me smoky and she's the only person who does which i'm fine with. i know it's my username and all so it's kinda dumb to say this, but it feels a lot more natural for her to call me by smoky and for everyone else to call me kaleb

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
as for like nicknames and stuff, solar calls me smoky and she's the only person who does which i'm fine with. i know it's my username and all so it's kinda dumb to say this, but it feels a lot more natural for her to call me by smoky and for everyone else to call me kaleb
i feel the same way about her calling me mew.

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
Out of my first, middle, and last names, I think my last name is the one I liked the most when I was in middle school and high school. I'd always try to shorten my first name in elementary school and would feel extremely clever for doing so even though it was easy, and in middle/high schools people would always make fun of my first name which led me to despise it in those years. I got over that in college though and now I like it again. 95% of people always misspell and/or mispronounce my first name or don't even attempt to do either on the first try, but I've gotten used to it. I like hearing some people say my name out loud but it really depends on who's saying it and how they're doing so.

Oh, and I despise my middle name and tbh I always have.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
My name is fairly common (so much so that I share it with at least one other user on the forums), but I love it. Sure I've had to correct people's spelling a couple times, but it's nothing more than a minor annoyance. Besides how awesome is it to have a first name that perfectly describes me after you translate it from the Original Gaelic. I am a dog lover, a Highlander fan, and a history nerd and it makes me proud to be named Connor... Even if the name is shared with a character from the third game in a series I don't care for. (Cough, Assassin's Creed, Cough)

Last edited:

Reunilu

Reddest of Mages
AKA
Shaymin, Nagi
It's one of those not very common names. Happens to be the name of a Hoenn gym leader. It's actually very grating on my ears, but as much as I hate it, every time I try to have people call me something else, I just cringe at myself. The closest I've ever gotten to a name I can get used to in real life is "Ate", which makes zero sense to anyone older than I am because it means "older sister" in Tagalog (which now that I type this is actually really fascinating from a cultural perspective).

The topic of changing my name has come up a couple times since I'm now an American citizen, but it falls back into the "new name, feels cringey" category.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I like hearing some people say my name out loud but it really depends on who's saying it and how they're doing so.
:hmmazurill:

I think your name is pretty cool. Not sure how people mispronounce “Steve,” though :winkazurill:

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
My name's neet

Harasa is the best name I coulda gotten couldnt ask for better :hmmazurill:

Ruellia

I'm a flowerrr
It's one of those not very common names. Happens to be the name of a Hoenn gym leader. It's actually very grating on my ears, but as much as I hate it, every time I try to have people call me something else, I just cringe at myself. The closest I've ever gotten to a name I can get used to in real life is "Ate", which makes zero sense to anyone older than I am because it means "older sister" in Tagalog (which now that I type this is actually really fascinating from a cultural perspective).

The topic of changing my name has come up a couple times since I'm now an American citizen, but it falls back into the "new name, feels cringey" category.
Oooh very interesting! I'm going to assume it's Roxanne?

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
I like being a Ben. Wouldn't have it any other way tbh

Ice_Dragon

The Fairy Dragon
Staff Emeritus
Time Zone
GMT +8
People have known me by my name for all my life so it's become a part of my identity and who I am.

I never had a choice for my name so I have no choice but to like it. :P

Flo

Spectacular Genie Superstar
Time Zone
BST
my name is a god tier name

both as my irl name and flo, because both are slappers

my birth father wanted to name me Montel rofl what a mong

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
I like my name, though a lot of people tend to mispronounce or misspell it. Sometimes seeing the variations on the receipts is fun tho. Besides the usual Regina, I've seen Rigine, Regein, Regeen, and Regin among others.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
I like Athena. Makes me feel smart sometimes, and I also find it funny she was the grey-eyed goddess and my eyes are grey. Also makes nicknames easy, most people just call me Thena. And it's a rather uncommon name, so it feels unique. I enjoy my name:)

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
I like Athena. Makes me feel smart sometimes, and I also find it funny she was the grey-eyed goddess and my eyes are grey. Also makes nicknames easy, most people just call me Thena. And it's a rather uncommon name, so it feels unique. I enjoy my name:)
Is that actually your name? That's awsome. Your parents sound like pretty cool people!

Lauren

D:
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I'm not really a fan of my name, to be honest. It's far too common and I feel like I don't really suit it.
I guess it could be worse, though.