• The Closure of the Marriland Forums

The Marriland Forums will be going into read-only mode on February 15th, 2021. Come October 1st, 2021 the forums will be taken down entirely. More information can be found in this thread. Thank you for being a part of our community!

What is your type of partner?

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Since Marriland is a dating site, let's discuss about your type of partner. Since I'm bisexual, I'm gonna post requirements for both my future boyfriend or girlfriend.

For guys:
  • Has a decent personality, and isn't a bigot.
  • Is older than me.
  • Shares most of my interests.
  • Is intelligent.
  • Can be of any body type, as long he tries to stay in shape and eat healthy.
  • Has good fashion choice.
  • Doesn't have mood changes all the time.
  • Maintains a good hygiene.
  • Has long, blonde hair.
  • Eye color doesn't matter.
  • Doesn't have any addictions.
  • Is mature.
  • Is white.
  • Is taller than me.

For girls:
  • Has a decent personality, and isn't a bigot.
  • Is older than me.
  • Shares most of my interests.
  • Is intelligent.
  • Can be of any body type, as long she tries to stay in shape and eat healthy.
  • Has good fashion choice.
  • Doesn't have mood changes all the time.
  • Maintains a good hygiene.
  • Hair doesn't matter, as long it's good maintained.
  • Eye color doesn't matter.
  • Doesn't have any addictions.
  • Is mature.
  • Can be of any race.
  • Height doesn't matter.

There's probably more, but those are most important for me.

How about you guys? What are your requirements for your ideal boyfriend or girlfriend?

Last edited:

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
oh god lmao. well ok i'll play. before my current bf i was never really sure what i was looking for in a guy. i didn't really have a "type" or any specific... requirements? it's never felt right to be picky or envision anything specific. tho i guess i have always kind of liked... dominant personalities :hmmazurill:.

now, after 2 yrs of being in love with this man i feel like he's just... he is everything i want. his unwavering honesty, his intense loyalty and tenderness to everyone he cares about, his intelligence and insightfulness (is that a word), his strength and determination when he really wants something, even his looks, and right down to little details like his passion for certain things and the way we have very similar views and morals. all of it is everything i admire and feel lucky to have. but dkjgfd i feel like i have been gushing about him way too much lately so i will leave it at that ..

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
uh, I guess alive. Breathing. Exists. Those are good requirements to have.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Based on the people I've been interested in over the years, I seem to like quiet people with gentle personalities. Especially if they have similar hobbies to mine.

Height, race, and hair color are things I have no preference on. Weight doesn't bug me too much either, but I would hope they can take care of their health and have good hygiene.

Last edited:

Bonkenhi

you know how crows hop around?
Staff Emeritus
AKA
George
Time Zone
GMT
you wanna know my detailed preferences (Not necessarily requirements!!!) to the letter? no?

okay then

1: are they male?
yes > significantly more likely to like them (this one applies to my SO)
no > significantly less likely to like them

2: how old are they?
close to my age (maybe 2-3 years): cool (this one applies to my SO, he's 24)
younger (circa 4-7 years): okay but honestly I'd prefer them to be like, graduated from uni at the very least
older (circa 4-7 years): haven't been keen so far
outside of that?: NOPE.

3: do we have any common interests?
yep, loads: awesome. (this one applies to my SO)
not all that many but we COULD possibly work on it?: okay
none: NOPE

4: are they outgoing?
EXTREMELY PARTY PARTY PARTY: probably couldn't do it.
yes but less so: okay
moderately: awesome!
only occasionally: okay
they will do anything to stay inside: lame. (this one applies to my SO)

5: height?
like 6' to 6'2: actually perfect.
5'8 to 5'11 & 6'3 to 6'4: okay (this one applies to my SO, bit shorter than me)
5'5 to 5'7: not keen but w/e
outside of that: minus points

6: weight?
like a BMI between 20 and 23: actually perfect. (this one applies to my SO, a bit bulkier than me)
BMI = like 18, 19, 24, 25: okay
BMI of 17 or less: increasingly concerning. perhaps not a dealbreaker immediately?
BMI of 26 or more: I think my parents have put me off being overweight for life

7: ethnicity?
white/asian/hispanic: okay (this one applies to my SO)
black: rarer for me to have crushes

8: hair colour?
light brown/black/dark blonde: cool (my SO has black hair)
ginger of the darker haired variety: omg yes yes yes (i had a killer crush on someone with dark red hair he was majestic)
ginger of the lighter haired variety: okay
lighter blonde: okay
gray: nay
dyed some other wacky colour: if it's subtle like a tint or s/t i'm all for it. if it's literally lime green i fear this would be serious minus points

9: hair style?:
bald: lame. but get some hats and that'd be cool
very very short: still p. lame
kinda short and neat?: okay
mid-length: nice (this one applies to my SO)
kinda long?: nice
nearing the shoulders: okay
past the shoulders: meh

10: general mental state?:
pretty stable/rarely bad: okay cool
pretty depressed/occasionally really bad: okay i'll try to help. (this one applies to my SO sometimes)
extremely depressed/seriously unsettled: i probably wouldn't be the best person for this and yet i could still try to be. if i was head over heels this could end badly...

11: lust levels:
chastity: nope
rare. like a couple of times a week: cool
frequent. like potentially every day and sometimes more: occasionally irksome (this one applies to my SO)
REALLY FREQUENT AND WILD YEEEHAW: nope

12: fondness for exercise:
DUDE I AM SO RIPPED LET'S GO THE GYM 6 HOURS A DAY+: nooooooooooooo
usually daily but kinda casual: cool, bonus points for being into badminton or a sport I can enjoy
occasionally but perhaps a more weekly thing: acceptable
never: lame (this one applies to my SO)

13: booksmarts:
they're actually a genius: this would be intimidating. they'd need to be good at communicating their hardcore ideas without like making me feel completely hopeless!
they're smart af: nice (this one applies to my SO)
they're pretty average: nice
they're a bit thick: probably not ideal but maybe it might be endearing?
the light is on and nobody is home: nope

Penalties:
Minor:
-Can be argumentative/stubborn (this one applies to my SO... but so am I!)
-drinks often
-has a minor weed habit or s/t
- (this one applies to my SO)
Major:
-Smokes nicotine (okay it's a bit harsh and might not be as bad as other things)
-Has a more serious drug habit (this is so much worse this is like FATAL)
-has a dire personality (game over man, GAME OVER, tho a good personality can be a deal maker)

there's probably a lot more factors to it... like a pretty face and idk what else but this covers... a lot already. good lord i'm bad aren't I haha

Alex

The Firelord
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ardent, TorterraOats
Time Zone
EST
At this point I just want a male interested in males that has a heartbeat and shares one or more interests with me. I find setting strict guidelines for future relationships (romantic or not) limits your selection pool unnecessarily.

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
I'm not picky, I'll know it when I see it. I guess I can say something I like is blue or like purple-ish eyes? Those are nice but other than being female, I have no like "you must have this" kind of thing.

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
The dream is someone super rich so I never have to work another day in my life if I don't want to.

The reality is I'd love someone who is understanding and patient. Someone who isn't going to force me to do stuff I don't want to do and will be okay with waiting until I'm ready to do it, if necessary. I'm not too hard pressed on things like appearance, though I do especially like guys with beards. (100% of the guys I've dated thus far have had beards, sooooooo.) Obviously they should be presentable when need be, but other than that, I'm not super picky with appearance. In terms of age, I'd prefer a guy that's older, but I'm not gonna be super picky on that either. And of course, I'd love for us to have common interests, but we don't have to do everything together. Playing games and stuff together is cool and all, but I gotta have some me time and he deserves some him time too.

At the end of the day though, I'll fall for who I fall for. I used to have hard limits on what I wanted, but when I actually started dating people, those hard limits kinda just went out the door. Now I'm kinda just at basic stuff like "understanding and patient" and "not a jerk."

Nuuk

lilfella
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
lizzy
you wanna know my detailed preferences (Not necessarily requirements!!!) to the letter? no?

okay then

1: are they male?
yes > significantly more likely to like them (this one applies to my SO)
no > significantly less likely to like them

2: how old are they?
close to my age (maybe 2-3 years): cool (this one applies to my SO, he's 24)
younger (circa 4-7 years): okay but honestly I'd prefer them to be like, graduated from uni at the very least
older (circa 4-7 years): haven't been keen so far
outside of that?: NOPE.

3: do we have any common interests?
yep, loads: awesome. (this one applies to my SO)
not all that many but we COULD possibly work on it?: okay
none: NOPE

4: are they outgoing?
EXTREMELY PARTY PARTY PARTY: probably couldn't do it.
yes but less so: okay
moderately: awesome!
only occasionally: okay
they will do anything to stay inside: lame. (this one applies to my SO)

5: height?
like 6' to 6'2: actually perfect.
5'8 to 5'11 & 6'3 to 6'4: okay (this one applies to my SO, bit shorter than me)
5'5 to 5'7: not keen but w/e
outside of that: minus points

6: weight?
like a BMI between 20 and 23: actually perfect. (this one applies to my SO, a bit bulkier than me)
BMI = like 18, 19, 24, 25: okay
BMI of 17 or less: increasingly concerning. perhaps not a dealbreaker immediately?
BMI of 26 or more: I think my parents have put me off being overweight for life

7: ethnicity?
white/asian/hispanic: okay (this one applies to my SO)
black: rarer for me to have crushes

8: hair colour?
light brown/black/dark blonde: cool (my SO has black hair)
ginger of the darker haired variety: omg yes yes yes (i had a killer crush on someone with dark red hair he was majestic)
ginger of the lighter haired variety: okay
lighter blonde: okay
gray: nay
dyed some other wacky colour: if it's subtle like a tint or s/t i'm all for it. if it's literally lime green i fear this would be serious minus points

9: hair style?:
bald: lame. but get some hats and that'd be cool
very very short: still p. lame
kinda short and neat?: okay
mid-length: nice (this one applies to my SO)
kinda long?: nice
nearing the shoulders: okay
past the shoulders: meh

10: general mental state?:
pretty stable/rarely bad: okay cool
pretty depressed/occasionally really bad: okay i'll try to help. (this one applies to my SO sometimes)
extremely depressed/seriously unsettled: i probably wouldn't be the best person for this and yet i could still try to be. if i was head over heels this could end badly...

11: lust levels:
chastity: nope
rare. like a couple of times a week: cool
frequent. like potentially every day and sometimes more: occasionally irksome (this one applies to my SO)
REALLY FREQUENT AND WILD YEEEHAW: nope

12: fondness for exercise:
DUDE I AM SO RIPPED LET'S GO THE GYM 6 HOURS A DAY+: nooooooooooooo
usually daily but kinda casual: cool, bonus points for being into badminton or a sport I can enjoy
occasionally but perhaps a more weekly thing: acceptable
never: lame (this one applies to my SO)

13: booksmarts:
they're actually a genius: this would be intimidating. they'd need to be good at communicating their hardcore ideas without like making me feel completely hopeless!
they're smart af: nice (this one applies to my SO)
they're pretty average: nice
they're a bit thick: probably not ideal but maybe it might be endearing?
the light is on and nobody is home: nope

Penalties:
Minor:
-Can be argumentative/stubborn (this one applies to my SO... but so am I!)
-drinks often
-has a minor weed habit or s/t
- (this one applies to my SO)
Major:
-Smokes nicotine (okay it's a bit harsh and might not be as bad as other things)
-Has a more serious drug habit (this is so much worse this is like FATAL)
-has a dire personality (game over man, GAME OVER, tho a good personality can be a deal maker)

there's probably a lot more factors to it... like a pretty face and idk what else but this covers... a lot already. good lord i'm bad aren't I haha
why would you put lust levels geroge this is a CHILDS FORUM

i have weakness for black haired dude with light green or blue eyes. good lord i have many a crushes on them

bf has brown hair and hazel eyes but everything else about him is A+++:

can cook, which is great bcuz i cant as all lol
is handy, isnt afraid of doing hard work to get **** done right
is funny and understands my terrible humor
play vlibeo games with me

he just a real good lovable guy :J

Bijou

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
I don't really have a super long list of traits for the perfect person except that they are encouraging and willing to embrace the person that I am , which is a nerd. I just really appreciate an overall chill, fun to be around with, lovable guy.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
In otome games, my "type" is the boy with the most tragic backstory tbh lol. Thankfully that doesn't transfer over to real life.

The biggest common traits I see when I look back over the crushes I've had are kindness and a sense of humor. I value both of these very highly. I wouldn't want to trust my feelings to someone who is unkind, and I want to spend my life with someone who will make me laugh and laugh with me.

I don't have any particular requirements when it comes to things like looks, though I've always been a fan of the cute nerdy look tbh so that's a plus. Looks are very secondary to personality to me, though, because I have to be friends with someone before I would consider a relationship with them. I've also always pictured my ideal boyfriend as someone who would engage in my interests with me. Not all of them, obviously, but I'd want him to be willing to play games with me for sure. It's not necessarily a deal-breaker if he doesn't like the games I do or anything, but it is a pretty big preference for me for sure.

Bonkenhi

you know how crows hop around?
Staff Emeritus
AKA
George
Time Zone
GMT
why would you put lust levels geroge this is a CHILDS FORUM
i was totally PG-13 about it HUSH

on a side note... I didn't even get into the nitty gritty on the personality front either jeez I feel picky haha

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i will date any boy my age or older that can handle the storm that is me talking about art and music lol

i honestly don’t care about personality or physical attributes. i just like nice guys who can treat me as their equal. i’m not crazy on dominance or anything like that. i just don’t have an ideal boyfriend i guess just be a sweet person and we’re good

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
I have a nagging feeling that being honest is pretty important. Like not even about cheating, just don't tell me that you like spaghetti because it's literally the only thing I know how to cook, that just makes things needlessly complicated. i don't go outside and talk to people much (and girls in professional game dev fields are depressingly uncommon) so if I filtered based on anything else I'd basically be digging my own grave.

also i'm physically attracted to asian girls the most and never really understood why. but like I said, I'm just digging my own grave.

neoratz

i wish squids were real
AKA
Katey
Time Zone
EST
i don't really have any specific preferences..... i think mostly i would just like someone who likes the same stuff as me and isn't a jerk!

Fafrir

Queen of Dragons
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
Switch FC
SW-5955-0028-4991
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
tbh, I'm not interested in finding a partner but if I were, I'd like a man to be honest, loyal, caring, and loving. Just generic stuff I guess.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
I deleted my old post because I wanted to redo, tbh I hated that old post and think I didn't word most things well.

So I'm pan, so I'm ok with however people identify. I'm not really picky about look either, each person is different and what I'm attracted to in one person could be completely different than another.
-I tend to like people who are healthier, but not overly obsessed with it. Like someone who eats healthy most of the time and is decently active, but not gonna turn down ice cream or pizza on the occasion either.
-I tend to like people taller than me which is not hard, but someone shorter is ok too.
-I would like them to like Disney and have fun going to parks with me, not just go because they want me to be happy.
-I would never be with someone who doesn't like animals, and at least tolerating cats is a must lol.
-I do like people who can sing/play an instrument well, but it's ok if people don't.
-Someone fun-loving is always great!
-I usually prefer extroverted people, but introverts are wonderful as well:)
-I like smart people
-If someone has strengths where I have weaknesses, that's the most important thing.

Sebastian

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
cameronfedora
I think my partner would be / have:

• queer
  • short hair
  • around my age
  • masculine
  • I tend to be attracted to people like me, so mostly other boys. mostly trans boys.
  • hardworking
  • VERY rare partier / drinker. I don't enjoy partying or drinking at all - I'd much rather leave after 10 minutes to go watch Netflix with my partner. Or just skip it completely.
  • Active in the relationship - they should seek me out just as much as I want to seek them out. Which will probably be... a lot. At the same time, we don't have to hang out every day, breaks are good.
  • Good amount of lust but maybe less than me. I need to feel desired.
  • must be open, nonjudgemental, and understanding of anxiety. they should be very familiar w/ dealing with mental health issues, 'cause some people just don't get it and they gotta get it. All my friends understand so my partner has to too, lol.
  • can be taller or shorter than me
  • probably a skinny lad
  • obviously we should share many interests but of course it's fine if they have their own interests! maybe they can share it with me somehow
  • I think... they gotta like Nintendo games. I mean I've never dated someone that didn't like Nintendo games. well I've only dated one person but STILL. i will make them play nintendo if they SOMEHOW haven't played it before

This list can't truly sum up everything and is subject to change at literally any time