• The Closure of the Marriland Forums

The Marriland Forums will be going into read-only mode on February 15th, 2021. Come October 1st, 2021 the forums will be taken down entirely. More information can be found in this thread. Thank you for being a part of our community!

What Kind of Phone Do You Own?

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
IGN
Anthrix
I second the use of a good case. The amount of people I see with cracked screens and / or need to replace their phone but can't because they can't afford it is unbelievable.

Gone are the days where a phone is designed to be bullet proof: getting a good case actually made me change what phone I got.

And by good case - the last phone I bought was £130, and I spent £11 on a Poetic enclosed case. That's 10% ish just to protect. It eventually died after 5 years because the battery wore out, and unfortunately they soldered the battery pack into the phone so it was a problem to replace it.

But I would take that phone to building sites - I dropped it off the first floor once, sure, it was onto grass, but still, that's like a 3 metre drop. That's Nokia 3310 kind of bullet proof :P.

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
For the past couple years I had a Moto e4. About 5 weeks ago, however, something to do with the battery or the charging went completely kaput, rendering it unusuable. Now I have a Moto G Power.

Vaporeon

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Upgraded a few months ago from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone SE. I honestly haven't had any problems with iPhones. I'm probably knocking on wood right now, but luckily I haven't damaged my phones either.

Gigarchomp

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IST (GMT+5:30)
IGN
Gargee
I've been using my secondhand iPhone 6s for 3 years now, and it still works like a beast. I'm getting a new case for it (the old one's crumbling) as well as a new screen-guard and maybe replacing the battery, though.

Resolute

Paradiddlediddler
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
Samsung S9 - a little out of date, but hey it works for me.