What kind of Pokemon designs are you most fond of?

colours

Regular Trainer
AKA
Angie/Angelica
Is it the more badass ones? The more cute ones? Or are you a fan of the inanimate object Pokemon more?

Do share. :o

Fafrir

Queen of Dragons
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
Switch FC
SW-5955-0028-4991
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
I'm more biased towards cooler designs but I also like designs that are fun, creative, and just interesting to look at. Scrafty's a fine example for design elements I like.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I seem to have a thing for colorful Pokemon with unconventional origins (Klefki, Hawlucha, etc.)

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
I'm definitely extremely fond of cute Pokemon, but my favourites are Pokemon with elegant and cool designs. Some of my favourites are Ninetales, Milotic and Gardevoir which are all very elegant designs.

Dizzy

Happy Home Showcaser
AKA
Rowlix
Time Zone
CST
I prefer cool Pokémon, except for Rowlet. It's just the cutest thing, that little bowtie it has.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Over the years I've flip-flopped from one thing to another, but now I'm stuck on cute things.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Honestly, I don't really have a strong preference to any sort of "category" of design. In general I just like the designs of Pokemon that appeal to me for one reason or another.

colours

Regular Trainer
AKA
Angie/Angelica
I'm personally a huge fan of cute designs the most. :> Although I do have some favourites that are outside of that (like Volcarona and Salamence).

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I, too, have a particular fondness for cute Pokemon, but I also find that I really love a lot of tough looking Pokemon like Skarmory, Tyranitar, Aggron, etc. For whatever reason I find the big tough guys adorable as well as those that are traditionally cute.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Ehh, I don't have any preference, I just like designs that appeal to me or are creative.

Last edited:

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i love the really cute pokemon. there’s a lot of pokemon that people find stupid that i like too. so i guess cute and like, under appreciated pokemon?

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
I like a lot of cute Pokemon so I guess maybe that's what I look for. A lot of my favorite Pokemon are either adorable or can be silly at times in my eyes, though Ash-Greninja is an exception to both of these because I just really loved the concept and look of it.

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
It would seem I have a thing for Pokémon that start out cute, but evolve into something cooler. Prime examples are Joltik/Galvantula, Inkay/Malamar, Skorupi/Drapion, Gligar/Gliscor, Dewpider/Araquanid, Noibat/Noivern, and Spinarak/Ariados. Yes, I also have a bias for arachnids and cephalopods.

Arceus

Prismatic Trainer
AKA
James, Chandelure
Time Zone
EST
I'm really not picky, but generally, I like legendaries, ghosts, inanimate objects, and weird looking ones.

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
I have weird tastes that go all over the place, but I guess I'm weak to cute Pokemon and cool Pokemon. Weird looking ones kind of don't appeal to me at all. Like tough looking Pokemon as well are not my cup of tea so it's a toss up between cool and cute

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
i love cute ones the most. i often end up gravitating to unevolved pokemon, both basic stages and middle stages, because they're just so adorable and cleverly designed, and I often prefer that more than the final evolution. that's why with legendaries i tend to like the mythicals that are cute and tiny. like mew. c=

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
I just like cute mons.

TrainerAlain

Smooth t up with sum jazzzzz
THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT POKEMON TYPE! We're going to discuss "Pokemon design type"
Here some example for no confusion:

Cute Pokemons like eeveelutions and regional cats.

Intimidating pokemons like Crobat and Gyarados.

Reptile pokemons like Sceptile and Heliolisk.

Inanimate object pokemons like Chandelure and Aegislash.

My favorites are "fancy" and "high class" designs. Some great examples for this type are:
Meowstics (especially female)
Roserade
Gardevoir and Gallade
Unfezant (especially male)
Froslass
Vespiquen
Milotic
Some of the eeveelutions
Piplup and snivy lines among starters.