Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
My parents telling me every little thing I need to do or see while I’m driving. I don’t appreciate backseat driving when I’m at the wheel unless I ask for the help. I know they just want to make sure I’m safe and aware of my surroundings (which I very well am), but pls... chill...

“Did you see the speed limit is 30 now?”
“Yeah that’s why I slowed down???”

chidzz

Rookie Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
AEST (GMT+10)
I am becoming increasingly aware of how dodgy one of the vet clinics I work at is. It seems that all they care about is money and less about the animals. I arrived for my shift to a pigeon caked in its own feces with no food or water becuase no one bothered to clean or feed it for the four days it was there. A guinea pig boarding with us was neglected so badly that it was suffering GI stasis, even though it was clear on the cage card that he hadn't eaten in three days. And to top it all off, when I ran into the surgery with a dog in shock from being badly attacked by two bigger dogs, the vet just looked at it, said "oh i already clocked off", and left it there for me to deal with by myself.

I am contemplating quitting, but I don't think I can afford losing the job, plus I feel an obigation to the animals over there since it seems like I'm the only one who cares about them.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
The person who was supposed to come to fix my WiFi didn’t show up reeeeeeeeeeeeeee :upsidedownazurill:

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Have you ever had to deal with someone who analyzes every little thing you say or do and tries to start a fight? You literally can't even breathe without them thinking it's an annoyed sigh. If you try to avoid them because you don't want to have an argument, they will also take that offensively because they think it's a statement against their character. If you do something to upset them, they won't communicate it vocally at first, they'll be passive-aggressive until you figure out what it is you did that made them upset.

Have you ever had to deal with someone who just completely shuts out everything you say, if the tone of your voice even slightly sounds argumentative? Once they shut you out, they will ignore you even if you are trying to tell them something urgent. Now imagine that this person has both hearing problems and memory problems. How do you even communicate with this person if they're consistently ignoring you and consistently breaking promises? Talking to them is no different than talking to a wall.

Now imagine these two people living together, and you get my mom and sister. Real ****show.

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
Have you ever had to deal with someone who analyzes every little thing you say or do and tries to start a fight? You literally can't even breathe without them thinking it's an annoyed sigh. If you try to avoid them because you don't want to have an argument, they will also take that offensively because they think it's a statement against their character. If you do something to upset them, they won't communicate it vocally at first, they'll be passive-aggressive until you figure out what it is you did that made them upset.
This kinda-sorta reminds me, certain specific members of my family just love interrupting people before they finish talking and correcting them. It's gotten to the point where I'm starting to develop the habit of going "please let me finish before interrupting me" before I even start. Imagine something like:

drago: "ted went to the library-"
other: "no he didn't, he went to the bank."
drago: "-last wednesday."

except about subjects somewhat more important than where Ted went yesterday. Yes, I thought it was funny to try to finish peoples' sentences when I was nine years old, too. We're supposed to be fully-grown adults.[/color]

atlus 2

biglilfella
Creative Soul
AKA
matlus
Im in the navy but im not posted to a ship LOL

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
I need to focus but focusing is hard.

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Sometimes people have bad days. That doesn't mean the person has anything against anyone in particular, it doesn't mean the person is bad ot have a bad attitude, but it seems like people expect one to be perfect everyday..
Edit: this was more sadness, guilt and comfusion more than actual anger.

Last edited:

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Got my hopes up on somebody who doesn’t see me that way again. I’m only mad at myself, but I don’t know how to get rid of this terrible habit.

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I have three alarm clocks. The first one is my iPad. For some reason, it will occasionally confuse alarms with reminders and when an alarm comes up, a notification for the alarm flashes on my screen and the alarm rings for an instant, before the screen goes black and the alarm fades out. If I check my iPad some time maybe a few minutes or hours after this happens, I will see the notification for the alarm, and then the alarm rings properly exactly nine minutes after I check it. Nine minutes is supposed to be the interval that my alarms ring if I hit snooze.

My second alarm is an old one. It used to be reliable when I was in high school. It's a radio alarm that I've set to play radio static at slightly less than max volume (which is actually really loud, probably enough to wake my tenants). Then we moved, and it's been sitting in a box for a while and the color of the plastic has sort of faded. It doesn't seem to be working properly now because there are rare occasions where I'd set the alarm the night before, then wake up to see that the alarm was turned off, and I don't know why. I know I'm not just sleeping through it because once the alarm goes off, it's supposed to keep going off until I manually stop it. I've actually come back from work a few times to hear my alarm because I accidentally hit snooze that morning instead of off.

I bought my third alarm in college because I was consistently having trouble with my first alarm. It's relatively new, but it's a cheap thing that doesn't always work.

The fact that I was late to work yesterday and today because all three of my alarms failed me just gets on my nerves. I have now purchased a fourth alarm clock and hopefully this one actually works. The issue with alarm clocks rarely failing is that when they rarely fail, they usually work, so it's always a surprise when they fail.

God

a Mess
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
EST
sure ok let's go

-> league of legends. i don't know why i play this **** game with 80% of it being **** monkeys just throwing pure fat ****s at each other. game's got a great art team and good champion designers, but all of reddit and all of the community is just a massive slew of varying species of monkeys whipping turd bullets to and fro. disgusting

-> the fact that i have applied to like 10 places and no single callback. but most of them are hiring or in big need of people. ok.

-> the fact that i am always tired, and if i am still exhausted and go to bed, i wake up with a migraine/headache that lasts 1-2 days despite multiple pain meds. maybe i have a tumor half the size of my head idk

-> the fact that paint is so expensive. i don't mean the 3-5$ crap-ft paint tubes you get i mean like. 20$ for one tube of Golden Heavy Body acrylic. I only have cadmium red (medium) and light green (blue shade) atm. i can't wait to sell off my mostly full crap-ft paint and get hq **** :x

-> when certain clothing lines have clothes that are plus size or go up to plus size, but their BEST clothes or more desirable clothes only go up to L but have like XXS or some ****. ok why not just be s/m/l. or xxs/xs/m/l/xl/xxl. thankfully i see more brands doing the latter though so it's nice.

-> for some reason i'm a picky **** and can't drink just water. and i can't stand milk unless it's with a fitting meal... guess what 2 drinks we have. aside from nasty mango pop that tastes like swamp ass or somethin.

-> the fact that i have eaten a tub of ice cream since waking up at like 4pm today. and nothing more. oops!

-> the fact that i have lost 20 pounds in the last like 2 weeks but it's not VISIBLY coming off is super aggravating. where did you go

most of these are minor annoyances lol

Cynical Toast

Proud Gamer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Caroline
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
4099-4174-0519
Today was pure motion.

I woke up at 7:00 AM to go to a distant cousins Bar Mitzvah, and got to experience culture shock because they were all devout orthodox Jews and I didn't even know how to keep a Yamaka on my head. So that dragged on for two hours and after a cramped breakfast buffet thing, we went back to the hotel to get a proper brunch. That lasted for around an hour, and after some back and forth I finally got to go back to the hotel room.

I was only there for an hour, of course, because at noon it was right back to the synagogue to have a luncheon. Apparently some kid had his own Bar Mitzvah directly after the one I went to, so we had to delay lunch. So we all got there and got seated at the newly set up tables, and spent an hour eating lunch and celebrating and whatnot. I'm not particularly good at talking to people I'm not super close to, so in a hall filled with Jersey locals and relatives I haven't seen since I was little, you can imagine I didn't do too well. I mostly just sat and listened to the relatives talk, which I'll admit wasn't too bad.

At last, though, my religious obligations for the day were over, and I was free to relax. That lasted all of 5 seconds, as I found out as soon as we got in the car (which might I add was far away because we couldn't park at the temple) that we were going to go clothes shopping. So we drove out to the distant lands of Jersey, finding our way to a Kohl's store, and just generally driving the car. Once we got to Kohl's, I had another hour long gauntlet to endure. I was with people I knew, so there wasn't any social anxiety, but it still took forever. I ended up finding a bed to sit on and just sat and browsed Reddit for half an hour. My back really hurt by the end of it, let me tell you. But alas, we were done shopping and I could finally chill in the Hotel and relax.

Only for 40 minutes, of course, because we had to go back out and have dinner with another relative I never knew I had (I find a new family member every vacation, at this point). We went to a Mexican restaurant, which was cool except for the fact that I don't like Mexican food that much. The new relative of the day had a daughter, who really bonded with my siblings (Did I forget to mention my loud, unrelenting, out of control siblings? Because they were there for every part of the day). They made a lot of noise, as they always do. They eventually got so riled up that the girl's mom (I guess my aunt?) took them outside to do something. After around 2 hours of restaurant shenanigans, we went outside.

We weren't going home yet, of course, that would be too easy. It turns our my aunt (I think) took the kids to her apartment down the street, and we had to go pick them up. We made a decent trek through the city, walking a whole 3 blocks before we reached the apartment. The apartment bit was tricky, though, as it turns out the building they lived in was absolutely massive. It was actually 3 buildings connected together by some hallways, which for my purposes meant a whole lot of walking. After spending at least 5 minutes just walking from the complex entrance (and traveling on multiple elevators because this needed to be more complex), we reached the big rec center place the kids were playing at. We spent around 15 minutes just hanging around there, getting a group photo, and just appreciating the size of the building.

Our story does not end here, though, for we still had to take a tour of the apartment itself. We rode the elevator and walked some more, until we ended up on the summit of the building; the 5th floor. The apartment itself was pretty spacious, given the location, having a second floor by some miracle of nature. What I did notice about the place was how unstable the ground felt; I thought I felt the ground shift and vibrate as people moved around. It was pretty freaky, I won't lie, but at least I didn't feel it once I got on the couch. I sat on that couch for around 30 minutes, doing my classic listen to people have conversation routine. The kids were playing in the other room so it was at least peaceful.

But then it was time to go, and we made our way out of the complex, where I braced myself for one last exhausting 3 hour grind (We actually just stopped for ice cream on the way to the car, it only took like 5 minutes). By the time we got back to the hotel, it was past 10:00 PM and pitch black outside. Looking out the window, I can see the bright lights of New York City, making me wish I'd spent my day in the city instead of slumming it in Jersey. I had some fun, met some cool new relatives, but in the end I wish I hadn't done all of this in one day. In my free time since then, I've managed to write this post. I'm going the **** to bed.

tl;dr: Get in the car

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
I live right next to the door leading to the stairwell and it keeps slamming at 1 AM after I go to bed because people are going in and out and there hasn't been a doorstop for weeks.