• Staff Applications

Hello fellow Marrilanders! We have reached a point for our staff team where recruiting new members is necessary — so we are opening up applications!
    If you are interested, you can find more information in this thread.

What was your first ever starter?

Dizzy

Happy Home Showcaser
AKA
Rowlix
Time Zone
CST
For me, my first starter was Piplup. My very first Pokemon game was Platinum, and I couldn't resist the allure of having a penguin fight on my behalf.

Calaf

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
GMT+1
For me, it was Charmander! I remember training it up all the way to level 16 in the first patch of grass outside of Pallet Town ^^

Jifi-Dawg

Secretly a Tepig
AKA
Jifi, jfjdawg14, Dawgy
3DS FC
3067-5211-4543
Mine was squirtle, but I had no idea what I was doing and restarted the game. Second time around I got a charmander and still have it to this day

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
AKA
Daam
I am pretty sure my first Pokemon game I played was Ruby! My first starter was Treecko and I will always have a soft spot for it

Kyogre386

Junior Trainer
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
UTC-05:00
I first played Pokemon Blue around Christmas of '98. I had seen the anime first, specifically the collection of episodes where Ash gets each of the starters, and liked Squirtle the best among them, so that is who I picked.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
My firat starter was Bulbasaur on Pokemon Blue. o/

TrainerAlain

Smooth t up with sum jazzzzz
I didn't got into series till my teenage years during gen 5.my first game was pearl(even thought, platinum was existed when). Because I used to watch DP anime, I instantly picked piplup. I remember dawn's piplup was the cutest thing I had ever seen.

smoky

all u need is love
mine was oshawott. unfortunately, my first game was used and i never deleted the previous save file, i never got to keep it :c

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Totodile in Heartgold version. Choosing between the three was really difficult, but I ended up with the adorable little croc! Since I didn't know what team building was, I solo'd through the game until I got stuck at Silver's fight in Goldenrod City. I never actually beat a game with a Totodile until a did a complete playthrough recently.

shhmew

it me
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
charmander uwu i was pretty little at the time (like 5) and just thought charmander looked coolest of the three when I played blue.

Moonwatcher

The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself
Mine was Cyndaquill. My older brother got Crystal, and so let me mess about on his copy of Silver for a bit. (No, I didn't delete his save, he'd done that already before he let me use it) Mainly because at the time I thought Chicorita was ugly, (an opinion that I no longer hold,) and my brother had picked Totodile, so I wanted something different. It's still one of my favourite starter pokemon.

Godot

Tactician
AKA
Connor, Godot, Mir, Godet, Mimir, Wise
Time Zone
Central Time
Mudkip. Because my first game was in Gen 3 and the water type seemed most appealing to me. The water type still holds a place close to my heart, and of them Mudkip will always be one of my favorites.

seaturtle

The Wicked Witch
Administrator
Cabin 2
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
My first starter was Piplup!! I was just borrowing a copy of my cousin's Pearl but I loved water types heh. When I got White as my first actual game I chose Oshawott.

neoratz

i wish squids were real
AKA
Katey
Time Zone
EST
my first was chimchar! which is funny cuz chimchar is probably my least favorite now

Stralend

Dreamer of Faith
AKA
Star; Sara;
Time Zone
GMT + 1
3DS FC
5413-1220-4222
Oh how much I'd always be Chimchar I played with the game through first, but, I started with Turtwig, only soft resetting soon afterwards as I wanted the monkey as my buddy.