Staff Emeritus
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
I believe it was a shiny Minccino in Pokemon Black. It was a totes random encounter and I did manage to catch it while hyperventilating that I finally found a random shiny after like, five generations.

It went rip though because I restarted the game without trading the mon over like a dumbutt.

Reactions: Zed

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Volkner
Time Zone
UTC +10
It was a Feebas in Alpha Sapphire, I think.

RaptorDMG

Rookie Trainer
Time Zone
BST
3DS FC
1350-1138-8038
IGN
Stephen
My first shiny (That I remember at least) was a shiny Staryu in Pokemon Y when I was breeding for a competitive Starmie and I traded it away for a Competitive pokemon as I don't really care about shinies

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
the red gyarados doesn't count but that one was it

The first Shiny Pokemon I ever encountered was a Ponyta, on Diamond. It was a totally random, natural encounter, and I did indeed manage to catch it! I nicknamed it Blue Flare. That Ponyta is now a Rapidash, and I've still kept it on that same Diamond save file.

Umuchan

Praetor
AKA
Jessica
I only got two shinies in the wild in my lifetime, discounting the guaranteed ones like Gyrados and a couple in Gen 5. The first was Sneasel in Platinum, and the second was Solosis in White. I still have them with me to this day thankfully, and it helps they look pretty cool as well!

Applechrisp

New Trainer
Time Zone
MST
3DS FC
2165-6205-7475
Switch FC
SW-2234-5580-4045
I've actually never seen a shiny pokemon in the wild. I've tried to hunt for a shiny shinx because I thought it was awesome looking. I didn't really have the patience to keep hunting though.

Quoake

Junior Trainer
AKA
Ollie
Time Zone
ACST
The first shiny I found was a Medicham in Diamond Version. I had no idea what shinies were, but I caught it and thought I could breed to get more differently-coloured meditite: I found out I was wrong :lolazurill: restarted that save profile years ago, though (smh)

davidpwns

New Trainer
1) What was your first shiny Pokemon?
oddish
2) What game did you find it in?
fire red
3) Was it a random encounter or did you hunt for it?

random encounter
4) Did you manage to catch it?
yes, sadly its on pc not in the actual cartridge

Last edited:

Sebastian

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
cameronfedora
My first shiny was a Scorupi in Pokemon Black 2. I had started the game as a nuzlocke but I gave up and was just playing casually when I found this. I was actually in the nurse's office because I felt terrible but finding this was incredible! I caught it and evolved it. I LOVED the bright red color, but when I transferred it to the 3DS, the shiny was way more muted and lame. I really hate how they muted the colors.

Comparison:

Looking at it now, it doesn't seem so bad, but I think the sprite is definitely superior. I think many Pokemon suffered in the shift to 3D.

robochicken77

Shiny Hunter
AKA
Robo
Time Zone
CST
My first Shiny Pokemon was a Corsola in Pokemon X. I had always wanted to try shiny hunting, and one day I said screw it. I looked up how to chain fish, and successfully caught my Corsola. Its name was Coral blue 5 (Props to you if you get the reference). Sadly, i lost access to that copy of X a few years back so my Shiny is Gone.

zombiepowder

New Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ariadne
Time Zone
CST (UTC-06:00)
I don't remember it very well so I'm not entirely sure, but I believe my first shiny was a Litleo in Y. I never used it so I have no idea what happened to it; I either restarted my game or it's been in my Pokebank for 4 years.

Felly

a firework
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Besides the shiny Gyarados from GSC, the first shiny I got was a shiny Fearow in gen 4. I forget if it was Pearl or Platinum, but I remember it being a gen 4 game in one of the post game locations. I was just walking through some tall grass when a shiny Fearow spawned. I did catch it!

TaamsayWabbit

New Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Wabbit
3DS FC
2423-8898-9705
IGN
Wabbit
1.) What was your first shiny Pokemon?
First ever was a Foongus

2.) What game did you find it in?
Pokemon White, Route before Victory Road

3.) Was it a random encounter or did you hunt for it?
Random Encounter

4.) Did you manage to catch it?
I did in fact catch it.

5.) Do you still have it?
Sadly, no. I reset the game and never traded it to a safe game.