What's your favorite generation of Pokémon?

What's your favorite generation of Pokemon?

• Total voters

Cordovah

New Trainer
This is certainly a tie between Gen 3 and Gen 4. I started with Red, but I was really excited about the new graphics of Ruby and Sapphire! I felt the progression through the game was smooth and compelling which kept me playing for long periods of time. Plus I really like the Pokemon of Gen 3 and when Emerald was released it quickly became my favorite at the time.

But Gen 4 also holds the record for most hours played of all of my DS cartridges... Diamond was so much fun when I first got my mom to buy it for me. I even remember some of the commercials that were on TV at the time for the release! I remember sitting down after school for the rest of the of the night just running around challenging all of the trainers again and again and mining underground! So many good memories ahaa

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Cult Classic
If we're talking about games, actually maybe gen 3 (heartgold) with the feature of walking alongside your Pokémon. But the season 1 anime was cute. And the Pokémon themselves. And the little sprites were actually kind of cute. I loved episodes like the one where Ash and his Pokémon get stuck on a cave and it was snowing and Ash's Pokémon left their Pokéballs to make sure Ash was warm. I actually had two or three books that told a few of the episodes' arcs, like "I choose you!" Where it tells about Ash's and Pikachu's relation up to where Ash was going to leave him in the wild with other Pikachus but Pikachu decided to stay with Ash anyway. I also had a book with all the 152 Pokémon (I think Togepi was there too. Not sure.) And facts about the characters.

Then gen 2 came along and it was also great. I loved the opening song theme. Doo-doo-doo doo doo doo. I also loved the anime, and the Pokémon, and how stubborn Chikorita was at first and how it got attatched to Ash, and the Heracross, and Donphan, and shiny Noctowl, and Sudowoodo, and ahhh xD I really loved these two gens.

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
Generation 5 is for me without a doubt the best generation we ever had. It had amazing story, great postgame, huge pokedex filled with amazing pokemon and it was the only generation that gave us actual sequels.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
GEN 4 SQUAD
Me liking gen 4 goes beyond just nostalgia, it may be the gen that got me into the series but that's irrelevant, it did so much for the series any only really had a few major problems e.g. its slow AF for some reason and in D/P there were a whopping TWO fire types.
Physical/Special split, loads of new evolutions and evolution methods, a very non-linear map, a team of villains where the ADMINS were actually threatening and strong, the best remakes in the series and a revamped, stylish and fresh new Battle Frontier just to ice the cake a bit more.

HOWEVER!
I do like every gen with the exception of gen 1. Every generation brings something to the table that I like. If I had to rank em, I'd go
Gen 4, Gen 5, Gen 7, Gen 3, Gen 6, Gen 2 then Gen 1.
It pains me to put gen 2 so low but hey its a massive improvement over gen 1.

Biohazard

Somebody is digging my bones
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Wiktoria, Lycoris
Time Zone
UTC+2
My generation is Gen V nowadays, mostly because of the games and the story. It has some good Pokemon as well, like for example Hydreigon, Serperior, Krookodile, Haxorus, the Tao Trio, Zoroark, Mienshao, Volcarona, Scolipede and Galvantula.