What's your favorite generation of Pokémon?

What's your favorite generation of Pokemon?

• Total voters

Cordovah

New Trainer
This is certainly a tie between Gen 3 and Gen 4. I started with Red, but I was really excited about the new graphics of Ruby and Sapphire! I felt the progression through the game was smooth and compelling which kept me playing for long periods of time. Plus I really like the Pokemon of Gen 3 and when Emerald was released it quickly became my favorite at the time.

But Gen 4 also holds the record for most hours played of all of my DS cartridges... Diamond was so much fun when I first got my mom to buy it for me. I even remember some of the commercials that were on TV at the time for the release! I remember sitting down after school for the rest of the of the night just running around challenging all of the trainers again and again and mining underground! So many good memories ahaa

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
If we're talking about games, actually maybe gen 3 (heartgold) with the feature of walking alongside your Pokémon. But the season 1 anime was cute. And the Pokémon themselves. And the little sprites were actually kind of cute. I loved episodes like the one where Ash and his Pokémon get stuck on a cave and it was snowing and Ash's Pokémon left their Pokéballs to make sure Ash was warm. I actually had two or three books that told a few of the episodes' arcs, like "I choose you!" Where it tells about Ash's and Pikachu's relation up to where Ash was going to leave him in the wild with other Pikachus but Pikachu decided to stay with Ash anyway. I also had a book with all the 152 Pokémon (I think Togepi was there too. Not sure.) And facts about the characters.

Then gen 2 came along and it was also great. I loved the opening song theme. Doo-doo-doo doo doo doo. I also loved the anime, and the Pokémon, and how stubborn Chikorita was at first and how it got attatched to Ash, and the Heracross, and Donphan, and shiny Noctowl, and Sudowoodo, and ahhh xD I really loved these two gens.

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
Generation 5 is for me without a doubt the best generation we ever had. It had amazing story, great postgame, huge pokedex filled with amazing pokemon and it was the only generation that gave us actual sequels.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
GEN 4 SQUAD
Me liking gen 4 goes beyond just nostalgia, it may be the gen that got me into the series but that's irrelevant, it did so much for the series any only really had a few major problems e.g. its slow AF for some reason and in D/P there were a whopping TWO fire types.
Physical/Special split, loads of new evolutions and evolution methods, a very non-linear map, a team of villains where the ADMINS were actually threatening and strong, the best remakes in the series and a revamped, stylish and fresh new Battle Frontier just to ice the cake a bit more.

HOWEVER!
I do like every gen with the exception of gen 1. Every generation brings something to the table that I like. If I had to rank em, I'd go
Gen 4, Gen 5, Gen 7, Gen 3, Gen 6, Gen 2 then Gen 1.
It pains me to put gen 2 so low but hey its a massive improvement over gen 1.

Biohazard

Scary Monster
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Wiktoria, Lycoris
Time Zone
UTC+2
My generation is Gen V nowadays, mostly because of the games and the story. It has some good Pokemon as well, like for example Hydreigon, Serperior, Krookodile, Haxorus, the Tao Trio, Zoroark, Mienshao, Volcarona, Scolipede and Galvantula.

God

a Mess
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
EST
I'm honestly surprised at how many voted 4 or 5 - I thought the highest-voted would be 1 or 3 LOL.

Mine is 2. Gold and Silver were really genuinely revolutionary games, and they weren't even supposed to happen. Nothing was supposed to happen after RBG, but then Yellow happened and ... then Gold and Silver. Crystal was good too, but I think Gold and Silver being the foundation for it are the ones that deserve far more credit.
As such I also love HG/SS.
My second favorite is gen 3, I have a lot, a LOT of sentimental value fostering in this generation and it's the generation that I grew up on along with 2 - but not as much as 3! Gen 3 will always have a special place in my heart - I'm replaying Sapphire right now and am going for a shiny Rayquaza later on in my save.

Wolf

The Sun God
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
AEST
This was hard to say, I love them all for various reasons, I've been into pokemon since gen 1. I decided to cast my vote for gen 5, despite some people hating a fee designs I feel gen 5 did really well on the majority of the designs and I felt the games were done fantastically, I loved you could link black with black 2 and catch Ns old pokemon.
My least favourite is gen 7. I honestly love the pokemon designs and was so excited to play it but I honestly feel very let down by the game and the story.

Quoake

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ollie
Time Zone
ACST
I’m glad so many people love gen 5 like me. I love all the new Pokémon and the beautiful aesthetic of the region. One of my favourite parts is the animated sprites, which seem so full of character. I feel like the 3D models from later games can’t capture the essence of these Pokémon like the animated sprites can. Maybe it’s because they still carry the legacy of previous Pokémon games. The new Pokémon designs also had amazing colour schemes, which I think can be easy to look over. To me, Pokémon like Haxorus, Scolapede, Escavalier or Ferrothorn demonstrate how aesthetically stunning the colour design in these games are.

Applechrisp

Beginner Trainer
Time Zone
MST
3DS FC
2165-6205-7475
Switch FC
SW-2234-5580-4045
I've played since Gen 1 but Gen 3 is probably my favorite. I have a lot of memories playing gen 3 with my twin brother and my cousin for four consecutive summers before Gen 4 came out. We'd always play pokemon XD: gale of darkness and transfer those pokemon into our RSE games and create our own restrictions and battle each other at the end of each summer. Around that time I also found this website which was a lot of help back then.:happyazurill:

HungryPiplup

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I used to think gen2 was the best for years but now come to think of it I can’t find any gen that was so fun as gen6. The old good times of playing for the first time competitively and with ease with wondertrade and the PSS in general. EV training becoming so more approachable and the Mega Pokemon added a new twist. But nostalgia wise it will always be gen2 when I first started to play.

Wolf

The Sun God
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
AEST
I used to think gen2 was the best for years but now come to think of it I can’t find any gen that was so fun as gen6. The old good times of playing for the first time competitively and with ease with wondertrade and the PSS in general. EV training becoming so more approachable and the Mega Pokemon added a new twist. But nostalgia wise it will always be gen2 when I first started to play.
Gen 6 has great replay value in my opinion, the diversity of pokemon types early game makes it really fun to Nuzlocke. And tge exp share working for all party members means that as long as you played with level limits there wasn't so much endless level grinding.