When You Wish Upon a Card ~ Ravey and Dino's ORAS Disney Challenge

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy

Once upon a time...

12 Disney character found true love (uwu) and the schemes of the villains that opposed them were thwarted. Now, those villains have brought all of their tricks and magic together to cast a curse that's disrupting their Happily Ever After. Turned into Pokemon, they have been separated into two parallel versions of Hoenn. Will they break the curse? Or will they be separated forever?

Oh and Kuzco is here too.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi and welcome to my co-op Wonder Deck challenge with Ravey! In case you haven't noticed, we'll be doing a Disney-themed challenge. Ruffians, thugs, poison ivy, and quicksand may stand in our way but we GOT this bro.

The basic challenge rules are as follows:
1. The entirity of this playthrough will be done with the two participants in a voice call
2. Throughout the playthrough, the only Pokemon that will be used are the 12 representatives of the chosen Disney Prince/sses and Kuzco
3. Each member of the team has its own criteria for when cards must be drawn from the Wonder Deck. Any time the criteria of one of the current team members is met, a card will be drawn.
4. A Villain Card will be drawn for every major battle fought. These remain in effect until the next Gym Badge is earned or the Pokemon League is reached unless the card has a stated end point or one-time effect.
5. Any time a participant blacks out, they are allowed to swap two members of their choice on their team.
6. Pokemon Center use is restricted and will be allowed only after each badge or when the Golden Flower card is drawn.
7. Five healing items may be purchased at each Mart. Otherwise, item purchases are restricted to cards. Items picked up on the field are fair game.
8. TMs use will be restricted. Each TM can be used once immediately after being obtained. Otherwise, TMs can only be taught via cards.
9. A thematically-named HM buddy will be allowed if required (:
10. After each segment of the game, the participants must craft a collaborative creative piece to represent that section of the challenge. This can be a meme, art piece, poem, etc.
11. Pokemon are only allowed to have hold items if the other participant has their counterpart on the team (ex. Cinderella on my team and Charming on Ravey's). It's the power of love. uwu
12. If the participants have both Pokemon of a couple at the end of a major battle, they can increase that Pokemon by one heart in Pokemon Amie.
13. If Kuzco is Wonder Traded, any Pokemon that he has been before can be re-traded if desired.
14. Kuzco is exempt from being boxed and must be on one of the two teams at all times.
Ravey will be playing Omega Ruby, and I will be playing Alpha Sapphire. My team will be made up of Disney Princesses, and his team will be Disney Princes. Kuzco will be traded between us. You can see the cards we will be using in our Wonder Deck here.
PachirisuSnow Whitedraw if a pokemon is poisonedFlorianGallade
MusharnaAuroradraw if a pokemon falls asleepPhillipAegislash
CinccinoCinderelladraw if the time has a 12 in itCharmingRoserade
GorebyssArieldraw when you find a treasureEricPelipper
AltariaBelledraw if you find/are given foodBeastPyroar
NidoqueenJasminedraw for each new areaAladdinKrookodile
SudowoodoPocahontasdraw for every berry treeJohnWatchog
ScizorMulandraw when hit by fire/water/flying/dark attackLi ShangBisharp
PolitoedTianadraw if you fight a green pokemonNaveenPolitoed
LilligantRapunzeldraw when you healEugeneWeavile
FlareonAnnadraw if you fight an ice typeKristoffSawsbuck
MismagiusMegaradraw if the team blacks outHerculesHeracross
randomKuzcodraw if the weather changesKuzcorandom
We still have to prepare our teams, so I'm not sure when the first update will be but we are hype so soon hopefully. :whistleazurill:

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
reserved

Gokudera

4th Dan
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Devin
A new Dino challenge?And Disney? With Ravey?
Super excited for this!

SAF

Child of the Musketeers (?)
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Oho~ another ORAS players, huh? Good luck for you two, can't wait to see how far this will go :winkazurill:

Btw, I have a question while I'm at it: who or what is Kuzco? I'm kinda curious about why you two are going to trade this one, so...

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
Cabin 2
AKA
Volkner
Time Zone
UTC +10
This is super cute!! Hope it goes well.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
Oho~ another ORAS players, huh? Good luck for you two, can't wait to see how far this will go :winkazurill:

Btw, I have a question while I'm at it: who or what is Kuzco? I'm kinda curious about why you two are going to trade this one, so...
Kuzco is the emperor in The Emperor's New Groove, which is imo easily one of the funniest Disney movies. Yzma, the villain of the movie, is basically a mad scientist and her attempt to poison Kuzco gets goofed so instead he drinks a potion that turns him into a llama. At other points in the moive, similar potions turn them into other animals, which is the basis for Wonder Trading Kuzco.

We're trading him back and forth because it's comical and fun to include him (people have joked that he's basically a Disney Princess) and he doesn't have a love interest outside of the TV series that ran many years ago.

Gokudera

4th Dan
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Devin
I love Emperor's New Groove. Kronk is so fantastic.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
The first update!!!
The beginning of the game is lame because you don’t have the Play Nav so I’m boycotting talking about it. >:C Basically we rushed to Petalburg and traded in and hatched all of our eggs (Ravey had screwed his up lol mine were perfect tho).

After being trounced in a random battle with Ravey, he decided he wanted me to start with Kuzco, so I wonder traded my starter, Mudkip, and got… a level 1 Magikarp. Hooray, not going to be using this at all. We used a random number generator to select our teams, and my initial team was as follows:

:magikarp:
Kuzco - Jolly; Swift Swim
Splash

:swablu:
Belle - Quiet; Natural Cure
Peck, Growl, Steel Wing

:misdreavus:
Megara - Naive; Levitate
Growl, Psywave

:pachirisu:
Snow White - Lax; Run Away
Growl, Bide

:clamperl:
Ariel - Calm; Shell Armor
Clamp, Water Gun, Whirlpool, Iron Defense

:petilil:
Rapunzel - Modest; Own Tempo
Absorb

Not a terrible team for Roxanne if I could like… actually keep them that long… ha ha ha ha ha… We trained everything to level 3 before the actual rules kicked into effect because our sanity is important. I bought 2 Antidotes and 3 Potions at Oldale’s mart and 5 Potions in Petalburg. We also went ahead and evolved Ariel into :gorebyss: because Clamperl sucks.

Things went very smoothly for me until Petalburg Woods, where my team started getting really low on HP (and Meg had 0 PP left on Psywave because she was my only hope against Winston’s Zigzagoon tbh), so I opted to use a Potion, thereby triggering Rapunzel’s card requirement and internally crying when I drew “Make a Man Out of You” and had to box my Pokemon for a team of level 1s (I mean other than Kuzco but we don’t speak of him in his Magikarp days). I selected:

:sudowoodo:
Pocahontas - Gentle; Sturdy
Copycat, Flail, Low Kick, Rock Throw

:munna:
Aurora - Calm; Synchronize
Psywave, Defense Curl

:scyther:
Mulan - Relaxed; Swarm
Vacuum Wave, Quick Attack, Leer, Night Slash

:poliwag:
Tiana - Naive; Water Absorb
Water Sport, Bubble Beam

:nidoranf:
Jasmine - Gentle; Poison Point
Growl, Scratch, Focus Energy

We agreed that I should be able to train them a bit before heading out into the world of level 8s so I trained them to level 4 then we got our underleveled butts (does Sudowoodo have a butt?) out there and hoped for the best. Pocahontas and Mulan were both honestly pretty good and everyone else just kind of, uh, got by. The Team Aqua Grunt fainted Mulan because of a dumb crit but the Devon scientist healed us after the fight so it’s all good.

At this point, the card-pocalypse began.

I had to draw to pick some berries (thx Pocahontas) and got “Don’t Cut Gym” which I used to Super Train Mulan with the tutorial stage. Ravey then drew the card that makes us battle and it was decently close but he beat me because he cheats :C (not really but let’s be honest he hit Supersonic TWICE and I would’ve missed both times if I had tried). It’s all good though!! Because misfortune for him!! Was just around the corner!! I’ll let him tell that story, however.

There were a heck ton of green Pokemon in this area, so we both had to draw a bunch of cards at this point lol. I got: “Friend Like Me” for the first Lotad (Magikarp looks really silly in Amie btw), “The Finest Merchandise This Side of the River Jordan” for Shroomish (I bought 3 Potions when we got to Rusboro), and… “Poor Unfortunate Soul” for the other Lotad, which became The Evil Queen’s Villain Card. I got off way easier than Ravey with this lol.

Continuing on, I drew “People Smell Better than Reindeer” for the next set of berry trees, so no training against wild Pokemon for me. Entering Rustboro got me “Hakuna Matata” which will be saved for later C: I bought 4 Potions and 1 Antidote at the mart.

I then headed to Route 116 to do some much-needed training and drew Maximus’ Rage. I completely derped and forgot I could nullify this, so I stopped hard swapping from here out. We’ll just use Hakuna Matata next time oops. I decided my best bet was to train JUST Tiana and Pocahontas at this point, so I got the former to level 10 and the latter to level 8 then headed for the Gym. Ravey ended up drawing Kuzco’s Poison, which meant bye-bye Magikarp, and Kuzco became a level 1 Goomy instead.

:goomy:
Kuzco - Relaxed; Hydration
Tackle, Bubble

I completely trounced the trainers and Roxanne wasn’t much tougher. I went in with Tiana and destroyed her Geodude with Bubble Beam. Rock Tomb did get Tiana under half, though, so I used the switch prompt to sack off Kuzco so I could heal Tiana back to full HP for Nosepass. Bubble Beam was a 3HKO and so was Rock Tomb, but Tiana is a speedy little thing, so I came out victorious :D !!!!
:goomy:
Kuzco - Level 1
Relaxed; Hydration
Tackle, Bubble

Pocahontas - Level 9
Gentle; Sturdy
Rock Tomb, Flail, Low Kick, Rock Throw

Aurora - Level 7
Calm; Synchronize
Psywave, Defense Curl, Rock Tomb, Yawn

Mulan - Level 7
Relaxed; Swarm

Tiana - Level 13
Naive; Water Absorb
Bubble, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Hypnosis

Jasmine - Level 8
Gentle; Poison Point
Growl, Scratch, Focus Energy, Echoed Voice
Belle - Level 4
Quiet; Natural Cure
Peck, Growl, Steel Wing, Astonish

Megara - Level 6
Naive; Levitate
Growl; Psywave, Spite

Snow White - Level 6
Lax; Run Away
Growl, Bide, Quick Attack

:gorebyss:
Ariel - Level 5
Calm; Shell Armor

Rapunzel - Level 5
Modest; Own Tempo
Absorb, Growth

:eevee:
Anna - Level 1
Bold; Run Away
Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip, Sand Attack

:minccino:
Cinderella - Level 1
Bold; Skill Link
Pound

Revan

Skyborn Trainer
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
We needed to trade eggs over so that we wouldn’t get boosted EXP and so each Pokemon would be one that we had bred ourselves (or with the assistance of each other) so we went to Petalburg City using our starter, avoiding as many battles as possible. I was dumb and transferred 2 Deerling instead of a Deerling and a Patrat, and the first Deerling was female so Christy bred a male Deerling for me. I then nicknamed things incorrectly on accident so uh...HATCHING THE EGGS JUST TOOK SO MUCH LONGER THAN IT SHOULD HAVE BECAUSE I SCREWED UP OK LET’S MOVE ON.

I beat Christy in the random battle above, but I gave her Kuzco to start. Here's my initial team.

:pawniard: Li Shang - Lv. 1 with Inner Focus
Scratch
Jolly

:wingull: Eric - Lv. 1 with Keen Eye
Growl, Brine, Water Gun
Brave

:sneasel: Eugene - Lv. 1 with Keen Eye
Scratch, Leer, Taunt
Relaxed

:heracross: Hercules - Lv. 1 with Swarm
Lerr, Horn Attack, Endure, Megahorn
Bashful

:litleo: Beast - Lv. 1 with Unnerve
Tackle, Leer
Lonely

:poliwag: Naveen - Lv. 1 with Water Absorb
Water Sport and Bubble Beam
Adamant
:ralts: Florian - Lv. 1 with Synchronize
Growl and Confuse Ray
Quirky

:sandile: Aladdin - Lv. 1 with Moxie
Leer, Rage
Hasty

:honedge: Phillip - Lv. 1 with No Guard
Tackle, Swords Dance
Quiet

:roselia: Charming - Lv. 1 with Natural Cure
Absorb
Mild

:deerling: Kristoff - Lv. 1 with Chlorophyll
Tackle, Camouflage
Bashful

:patrat: John - Lv. 1 with Run Away
Tackle
Quiet
After training each member of my initial team to Level 3 (before the challenge actually started), I bought 3 Potions and 2 Antidotes in Oldale Town before heading back to Petalburg City. Hercules was an absolute beast because he started with two very good attacking moves, but everyone else was pretty tough to train, especially Li Shang. In Petalburg City, I used my 5 item limit to buy 5 more Potions, just in case. One of these was given to some random kid on Route 104 who needed it for his Pokemon, because I was feeling generous. Ok, you caught me: I felt bad for him instead.

I fought a Rich Boy near the entrance to Petalburg Woods and needed to heal so I used a Potion on Hercules and ended up drawing “Ok, Bye... :(“, causing me to deposit Li Shang for Phillip because Honedge is very good like...always....In the actual Woods, I met a wild Shroomish so I drew “The Circle of Life”, meaning that I couldn’t replace any Pokemon who fainted until I beat Roxanne. The Team Magma grunt then nearly fainted Hercules but he barely survived, so I could still use 6 Pokemon. On Route 104 I got a free Persim Berry in the shop so I then fought Christy (“Reindeer are Better than People”) and got a bunch of lucky hax with Supersonic and Brine critical hits. She took down 3 of my Pokemon but I don’t think it was very fun for her :( Sorry, Christy...

Things started to go south after that. A bunch of trainers had Lotad and Shroomish so I was drawing cards left and right. One of them made it so I couldn’t use any healing items in battle (“The Force is with You”) and then soon after I was forced to draw an Ursula villain card and therefore couldn’t talk to ANYONE except required trainers: a.k.a., Roxanne and May. So uh...training was fun but yay for wild Pokemon and Beast surprisingly knowing Ember (because I didn’t pay attention lol). After THAT, I got “Let it Go” while fighting a trainer that I could not skip, and was forced to deposit Hercules and Phillip. Aladdin and Charming took their places because I needed stuff that was good for the gym, even though neither was helpful for the actual gym...I love Lotad. :)

I made it to Rustboro City and bought 3 more Potions and 2 more Antidotes, and went back to Route 104 to train. During training, I got “Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust”, so Christy gave me Hercules and John in place of Eric and Beast. After that I forgot about John’s card criterion and picked some berries, causing me to swap my team entirely and basically making it very tough for me to prepare for Roxanne (“Make a Man out of You”)...but thankfully it was 4:12 PM so I got “Two Worlds, One Family” and got Li Shang, Beast, and Phillip back by sheer luck. I then was able to raise Honedge’s defense through the Super Training tutorial (“Don’t Cut Gym”, friends!) while healing Aladdin, and after I finished training I healed Beast just because, and got “Kuzco’s Poison”, which, although giving Christy a much better Pokemon, didn’t help her a ton in terms of usefulness in the gym. I decided to just go for it though and Charming lost to Roxanne’s Geodude. I got Phillip’s attack to 4x and swept her with Fury Cutter though, so it worked out! I didn’t think I’d end up using a Bug move against her but Charming had miserable defenses and only got one Absorb off before resting in peace in a tomb of rocks (this isn’t a nuzlocke though haha) so I didn’t really have another option. After the battle, I was able to raise Phillip and Aladdin to one heart in Pokemon Amie so that could be useful later on.
And my current team is now...

:roselia: Charming - Level 8
Absorb, Growth, Poison Sting

:sandile: Aladdin - Level 7
Leer, Rock Tomb, Bite, Sand Attack

:pawniard: Li Shang - Level 5
Scratch, Rock Tomb

:sneasel: Eugene - Level 8
Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Quick Attack

:honedge: Phillip - Level 10
Tackle, Swords Dance, Fury Cutter, Metal Sound

:litleo: Beast - Level 10
Tackle, Work Up, Ember, Echoed Voice

While those who are getting some rest are:

:wingull: Eric - Lv. 7
Growl, Echoed Voice, Brine, Supersonic

:poliwag: Naveen - Lv. 8
Water Sport, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Hypnosis

:heracross: Hercules - Lv. 7
Leer, Horn Attack, Endure, Megahorn

:deerling: Kristoff - unchanged

:ralts: Florian - unchanged

:patrat: John - unchanged

This has been a lot of fun so far tbh I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens next!

Gokudera

4th Dan
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Devin
Can I just say I love that "Don't Cut Gym" is a card? That's fantastic.
Man, Ravey. Karma does not like you lol.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
@Gokudera: Ravey's bad luck seems to be turning into a trend for this challenge ngl :joyousazurill:
I raised Aurora, Jasmine, and Mulan to one heart in Amie after earning my first Gym Badge so hey that’s pretty cool. I drew the Hans villain card which was like “if only there was someone out there who loved you” and had to swap Mulan, Aurora, and Jasmine for Snow White, Megara, and Ariel. On leaving the Gym, some thief in a crappy Captain Hook cosplay (he didn’t even get the colors right and don’t get me STARTED on his hat) ran by, followed closely by a grown man sobbing about some parts. Dude looked pretty rich so I decided to follow him.

I was… not prepared… for the Captain Hook cosplayer to have a LEVEL THIRTEEN Poochyena. It almost knocked Pocahontas out but thankfully Tiana is a level 13 monster herself so I still won the battle without anyone fainting and saved Peeko DO NOT FEAR. Also gave the rich dude his stuff back and he took me to meet his boss… who apparently mistook me for an errand girl or something because he gave me a letter to deliver to his son. I drew “Toy Story” right after getting to Dewford when someone gave me the Silk Scarf so how bout them Float Stone dances am I right? They’re clearly the “in” thing. Tiana unfortunately fainted to a crit from a dude’s Tentacool. Right after this Ravey drew “Save on Postage” and I sent Kuzco to him. Then several minutes later I remembered I had to draw a card when Tiana fainted and got “Kuzco’s Poison” so lol bye Goomy. I brought Mulan back onto the team when Kuzco left.

I was not at all ready for Brawly at this point so I decided to head back to the mainland when I got sick of fighting Magikarp to rematch some trainers. I also caught an HM buddy Zigzagoon that I named Lady and taught Cut in order to reach some trainers I couldn’t get to before. One of them had a Shroomish, so I had to draw a card and got “WHERE IS MY SUPER SUIT?” All of my TMs kinda sucked though so I opted to pass on teaching any of them :C

I drew “We’re Following the Leader” when I picked some berries but I was NOT about that life of having one Pokemon stuck in the front of my party and thankfully still had Hakuna Matata from earlier which means no worries for the rest of my days (or at least until I have to draw another card lol). Getting the Miracle Seed meant another card, and this time I got “Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust” so Ravey blessed me by swapping Pocahontas and Ariel for Aurora and Belle. I was feeling a whole lot better equipped for Brawly already, and THEN Ravey drew the card to trade Kuzco back so I got a Doduo on top of that. :D I boxed Meg to make space for him on the team.

I kept training (we fought Winston A LOT and probably put a nice dent in his fortune… soon he will have to change his trainer class to Poor Boy) and Belle was poisoned by a Wurmple, which got me “Heed my Every Order.” Ravey COULD’VE had me do something helpful but did he? Nah. He told me to trash one of my two Antidotes. Meanie. Once Aurora learned Psybeam at level 11 I was feeling pretty confident and decided it was time to take my chances with the Gym. Aurora cleared out all of the trainers and we were ready for Brawly.

It was… a surprisingly smooth battle. I put Machop out with Yawn, Defense Curled to +2 defense, then just Psybeamed both Machop and Makuhita into submission. Nice. Ravey’s battle was much more exciting tbh. ;D
Belle - Level 9
Quiet; Natural Cure
Peck, Growl, Steel Wing, Astonish, Sing

Snow White - Level 13
Lax; Run Away
Growl, Spark, Quick Attack, Charm

Aurora - Level 13
Calm; Synchronize
Psywave, Defense Curl, Psybeam, Yawn

Mulan - Level 13
Relaxed; Swarm

Tiana - Level 13
Naive; Water Absorb
Bubble, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Hypnosis

:doduo:
Kuzco - Level 13
Bashful; Run Away
Peck, Growl, Quick Attack, Fury Attack
Pocahontas - Level 12
Gentle; Sturdy

Jasmine - Level 8
Gentle; Poison Point

Megara - Level 12
Naive; Levitate
Growl; Psywave, Spite, Astonish

Ariel - Level 10
Calm; Shell Armor

Rapunzel - Level 5
Modest; Own Tempo
Absorb, Growth

Anna - Level 1
Bold; Run Away

Cinderella - Level 1
Bold; Skill Link
Pound

Revan

Skyborn Trainer
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
After beating Roxanne, I raised Li Shang to one heart in Pokemon Amie because we derped and forgot we had him and Mulan on our teams lol. Sorry Kaleb. :P We also drew villain cards and I got Evil Queen, which meant that I could not heal statuses or switch out statused Pokemon. This actually wasn’t a HUGE deal except for like.....during training and stuff because there honestly weren’t a ton of Pokemon who got statused...aside from sleep against a Slakoth later on...but whatever lol. I went onto Route 116 and drew “Two Worlds, One Family” which forced me to swap three team members. I decided to add John (I hate him), Naveen, and Kristoff to my party and box Aladdin, Li Shang, and Eugene. I was going to a Fighting Gym, so... Phillip fainted almost immediately so he did absolutely nothing this segment. I like Honedge but that was just miserable especially because it was to a Machop lol.

After that, nothing much happened until I got to Dewford Town. I got a letter from some random dude and went to Dewford Town to deliver it but decided that could wait for a bit. I ended up changing the trendy saying to “X Attack Masters” though so that was fun. When Kristoff got Yawned at by a Slakoth on Route 106 I drew “Save On Postage” so I boxed Kristoff and got Kuzco the Goomy from Christy. When it turned to 10:12 PM, I drew “People Smell Better Than Reindeer” so I had to run from wild Pokemon because they smelled bad. So training was pretty difficult for me, although it wasn’t as bad as it could have been (thanks for being my training partner, Rich Boy Winston). When I rematched Haley on Route 104 I went up against Lotad and Shroomish again and got “Mine” and “Don’t Cut Gym”, which forced me to sail back to Dewford Town (which I was planning to do anyway lol) and super train John in Defense. I’m sure Brine-ster was tired of lugging me around in his ship by now though. Somehow I ended up with “Kuzco’s Poison” (more accurately, Christy did) and Goomy became a Doduo through the wondrous Wonder Trade.

I picked up Tramp the Zigzagoon as an HM buddy (apparently Zigzagoon likes to be female in my game it took AGES to find a male one to match Christy’s Lady) to replace the fainted Phillip (I couldn’t take him out of the PC because he had fainted and doing so would’ve healed him) and after obtaining a Miracle Seed, Christy got Doduo which made my team much worse for Brawly. Thankfully, I have a Ralts so Florian was welcomed with warm arms. I kept training against the trainers on Route 104 (thanks for making me a rich boy, Winston!!) and at 11:12 PM I drew “We’re Following the Leader” so Florian got locked in the front. Thankfully, he was probably the best member of my team who COULD have been locked in the front because uh...Fighting type gym. As I was training, I found a Shroomish and drew “Genie’s Wishes”, but all I really did was teach Echoed Voice to Florian because his only attacking move was Confusion lol. It later got replaced with Disarming Voice because STAB Fairy move was better. I also found some Chesto Berries which caused me to wake up when I drew “I Won’t Say I’m In Love (I’ll Sing It)” and decided to sing Make a Man out of You to Christy. It was bad but I THINK she enjoyed it. Or at least laughed at how terrible my singing is. :P

At midnight, I was still training and bankrupting Rich Boy Winston and drew another “I Won’t Say I’m In Love (I’ll Sing It)” so I sang Let it Go to Christy. She’s getting serenaded a LOT omg. But 12 minutes later I drew another card (“The Bare Necessities”) and had to deposit all healing items except food and Fresh Water (I didn’t have either besides berries so RIP) and decided it was time to just fight the Gym before my team ran out of PP or fainted. The Gym was relatively easy and Litleo and Naveen did well in getting me to Brawly when Florian wasn’t hitting hard enough and when I wanted to conserve PP. I got to Brawly and let Florian go off to the races by using Confuse Ray and Double Team on Machop and then Confusion, and likewise when I fought Makuhita. Florian was only level 10 and survived with 6-ish HP against Machop so thankfully I got the Confuse Ray off when Makuhita decided to not kill Florian that first turn lol. Thanks Brawly. After the fight, I was able to add a heart in Pokemon Amie to Phillip, Florian, Naveen, and Beast!

:roselia: Charming - Level 15, Mega Drain, Growth, Poison Sting, Stun Spore
:poliwag: Naveen - Lv. 15 w/ Bubble, Bubble Beam, Double Slap, Hypnosis
:patrat: John - Lv. 12 w/ Tackle, Leer, Bite, Detect
:ralts: Florian - Lv. 10 w/ Double Team, Confuse Ray, Confusion, Echoed Voice
:honedge: Phillip - unchanged (Lv. 10)
:litleo: Beast - Level 17, Headbutt, Work Up, Ember, Echoed Voice

:wingull: Eric - unchanged
:heracross: Hercules - unchanged
:deerling: Kristoff - Lv. 9 w/ Tackle, Camouflage, Growl, Sand Attack
:sneasel: Eugene - unchanged
:pawniard: Li Shang - unchanged
:sandile: Aladdin - unchanged

Charming caused me to draw so many cards. I hope this won’t be a huge issue later on. This was a surprisingly smooth segment though, thanks Florian.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
Ok so first I did Pokemon Amie on the relevant Pokemon which was… most of the team actually. We drew our Villain Cards and I got Mother Gothel, hooray. I guess it’s not too terrible for this section of the game, but it would’ve been nice to be able to evolve Mulan so she would be more useful against Wattson. Alas.

Since the seaside shack is it’s own shop and area, we went ahead and bought 5 Soda Pop there (and also got the ones you get for beating up all the trainers of course). I bought 5 Super Potions in Slateport as well, but tbh my stock of items is constantly dwindling lol. I went to try to deliver these parts, but the dude told me I needed to find some “Captain Stern” instead of just TAKING THEM. I did not sign up for this why does everyone think I am an errand girl.

Anyway there seemed to be some kind of pirate convention happening in the Oceanic Museum so I headed there because idk where there are pirates there might be treasure. Or the secrets of how to never grow up. It seemed worth checking out, you know?

It turns out that Captain Stern guy was actually IN the museum so that’s a win. I knew following the pirates would lead to treasure. Wait, actually I take that back it sounds really weird for me to refer to an old guy like he is “treasure” uhhh. Anyway some of the pirates came and ambushed him but Snow White beat them up ty Spark. Then the BOSS PIRATE showed up but he was not man enough to fight me (I bet he’s afraid of crocodiles tbh) he just called me scamp a bit and told me to stay out of their way and idk I kind of fell asleep halfway through his speech. But anyway I finally handed over the parts to Captain Stern and wiped my hands of this mess. Maybe now I can get back to my ACTUAL JOURNEY.

...Or take a trip back to Dewford because I drew “Toy Story” fighting a Roselia. I hear Alakazite Collections have their own merch. I totally didn’t just make them up. There are very real action figures, promise. The same Roselia happened to have poisoned Belle, so I drew “Mother Knows Best” and took a trip back to say hi to mom on the way as well. Luckily she did not try to lock me in a tower; SOME parents actually support their childrens’ dreams. She even heals my Pokemon for me, neat!

I also ran into a Gulpin and drew “Colors of the Wind.” I decided to draw a picture of Snow White because she kicks butt.
At some point after this I apparently had to switch some things on my team but I apparently forgot to write down what card I drew to cause this so uh oops. I THINK I got “Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust” iirc but some way or another Belle and Tiana got the boot and Rapunzel joined the squad.

Something put Aurora to sleep, so I drew “The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway” and bought an Ice Heal (that I will likely never use) as required. Ravey and I then drew “Save on Postage” like 50 times in a row it was ridiculous. At the end of it, I was the one with Kuzco, a Spewpa at the time. Mulan 3HKO’d Grovyle, but ONLY because the last Night Slash was a crit :coolazurill: otherwise Grovyle had that in the bag. Gosh I need bug-type STAB. Anyway I tried to use Rapunzel against Wailmer but she KEPT MISSING SLEEP POWDER (and Leech Seed once) so Rollout ended up taking her out. I just wanted EXP ;_; but oh well Snow finished it with Spark

:spewpa:
Kuzco - Level 10
Rash; Shed Skin
Tackle, String Shot, Stun Spore, Protect

And then I unfortunately drew “Maximus’ Rage” when healing after the trick house, which will make things a lot easier since I can only switch when prompted. At this point it was like “what the heck, let’s just fight Brendan.” I wasn’t sure which of his Pokemon he would lead with so I opted to lead with my super weak Kuzco lol. He amazingly survived whatever move Slugma used (barely) and got off a Stun Spore. Slugma then decided to Harden to +6 so I sat there like zzz until he finally knocked Kuzco out to end my suffering. Aurora was really my only option here lol but Psybeam handled it. We had to draw another Villain Card for the rival battle and I got Jafar’s which hilariously did nothing because you can’t box Pokemon with type advantage if you have literally nothing with type advantage.

Wattson is scary :’D
Pocahontas - Level 15
Gentle; Sturdy

Snow White - Level 17
Lax; Run Away

Aurora - Level 17
Calm; Synchronize

Mulan - Level 17
Relaxed; Swarm
Steel Wing, Quick Attack, Leer, Night Slash

Rapunzel - Level 13
Modest; Own Tempo
Mega Drain, Growth, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder

:spewpa:
Kuzco - Level 10
Rash; Shed Skin
Tackle, String Shot, Stun Spore, Protect
Belle - Level 14
Quiet; Natural Cure
Peck, Growl, Steel Wing, Disarming Voice

Tiana - Level 17
Naive; Water Absorb
Thief, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Hypnosis

Jasmine - Level 8
Gentle; Poison Point

Megara - Level 12
Naive; Levitate

Ariel - Level 10
Calm; Shell Armor

Anna - Level 1
Bold; Run Away

Cinderella - Level 1
Bold; Skill Link
Pound

Revan

Skyborn Trainer
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
After we beat Brawly, I drew the Yzma villain card, which meant that I could not use stat-altering or status moves, therefore severely limiting the use of some of my Pokemon. Some of them only had two attacking moves and in the case of Charming, basically one because...Poison Sting.....Anyway, I went onto Route 109 after sailing with Ocean Sage Briney and while battling trainers, Beast became poisoned because a Tentacool used Toxic Spikes. I drew “Toy Story” and after the fight I went back to Dewford and got everyone talking about Poke Ball Qualities. The dude in the hut gave me 6 tasty Soda Pop after I beat everyone in there and I drank it all without sharing with my Pokemon.......but not really lol. I saved it for them. Since I was given food, I got “Maximus’ Rage” so I couldn’t hard swap Pokemon. This was turning out to be....pretty fun.......

I was able to buy 5 Soda Pop since the hut was a bonus shop, and then bought 2 Revives and 3 Super Potions from Slateport City. Upon the time reaching 5:12 PM I drew “True Love’s Kiss” and saved it for much later on in this segment. This was like the first good card of just a few this segment haha. After not listening to Lisia blabbering on about contests and stuff that was irrelephant to me, I went to Route 110 to fight some trainers. Plusle and Minun were upon the first Pokemon I fought and they uh.....shockingly decimated me with paralysis. But we made it through. On Route 103 I fought a Roselia and drew “Save on Postage”, obtaining Kuzco the Doduo and almost immediately after I got “Kuzco’s Poison” from some yummy berry trees and Doduo became a sad Scatterbug. Phillip got boxed during this trade though, because I was sick of him fainting lol. A double battle with Plusle and Minun caused both Florian and Naveen to faint which was sad. After that, Christy and I traded Kuzco several times and I ended up with John, Aladdin, and Hercules from the series of trades. We really saved on postage tbh.

While fighting trainers and wild Pokemon, I came across an Electrike and drew “I won’t say I’m in Love (I’ll Sing It)” and sung Reindeer(s) Are Better than People. I’ve been getting this card way too much lol but the tides will turn. :P I’m just terrible at singing tbh. I went back to rematch some trainers before May and Kuzco evolved into a Spewpa. While rematching Lass Haley with Lotad and Shroomish I drew “Mine” and “Don’t Cut Gym” so I sailed with Mr. Briney and super trained Hercules in Defense. I found another Electrike and drew “Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo”, optimizing Hercules for Coolness contests. At 6:12 PM I drew “Ok, Bye... :(” and swapped Hercules for Florian lol. The Trick House was filled with green Pokemon and food and a Gulpin caused me to draw “Our Adventure Book”. You’ll see my extra creative work below!

After finding one Lava Cookie, I ended up trading Kuzco back to Christy and added Hercules onto my team. Another cookie gave me “Let it Go” but True Love’s Kiss was used to nullify it lol. I figured it’d be best to get the May fight over with after that. Wailmer came out first and I mistaken thought Shroomish was going to so Beast fainted because I couldn’t swap, causing me to draw “Ok, Bye... :(“ and swap Florian for Phillip after the fight. Charming took down Wailmer and I soft swapped to Naveen to take down Combusken. He fainted against Shroomish and I drew “The Bare Necessities” and “Ok, Bye...:(“ (again) so I could only use Fresh Water and food to heal until I beat Wattson or blacked out RIP. Naveen got taken off the team for Eugene after the fight too because I was so sick of drawing for green Pokemon haha. Hercules took down Shroomish, and after the May fight I drew Hades, so I can’t revive fainted Pokemon until I beat Wattson either yay!!! RIP my team lol.
Party
:roselia: Charming - Level 19
Mega Drain, Magical Leaf, Poison Sting, Leech Seed

:heracross: Hercules - Lv. 10
Aerial Ace, Horn Attack, Bulk Up, Megahorn

:honedge: Phillip - Lv. 11
Tackle, Swords Dance, Fury Cutter, Metal Sound

:litleo: Beast - Lv. 21
Headbutt, Work Up, Ember, Echoed Voice

:sneasel: Eugene - Lv. 8
Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Quick Attack

:sandile: Aladdin - Lv. 13
Cut, Rock Tomb, Bite, Sand Tomb

:patrat: John - Lv. 14
Tackle, Sand Attack, Bite, Cut

:poliwag: Naveen - Lv. 18
Rain Dance, Bubble Beam, Double Slap, Hypnosis

:wingull: Eric - unchanged from before

:deerling: Kristoff - unchanged from before

:pawniard: Li Shang - unchanged from before

:ralts: Florian - Lv. 13
Double Team, Confuse Ray, Confusion, Disarming Voice

The insane amount of restrictions begins....more will be added on before Wattson but right now I can't hard swap, i can only use attacking moves, I can only heal with food items or anything I bought after May, and I can't revive fainted Pokemon. Yay.

Gokudera

4th Dan
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Devin
Oh my Lord, that Pachrisu drawing is adorable, Christy!!

I guess Wattson is a normal Youngster now lol.
Wattson: "Can I have an advance on my allowance, mom and dad?"
Parents: "What happened to all your money?!"
Watson: "Some silent kid took it all after beating me..."

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
@Gokudera ty!!! I am not much of an artist but I had fun and think it turned out well.
So we pressed onward, and Ravey drew “Kuzco’s Poison,” which means we never got to find out what kind of Vivillon he would become. Instead, I got:

:froakie:
Kuzco - Level 1
Timid; Protean
Pound, Growl

Not a bad Pokemon at all but also entirely not helpful for Wattson, so there was really no point in training him (especially since I can’t swap Pokemon out to switch train :pensiveazurill:) Some berry trees at the end of the route got me “Mother Knows Best,” which was actually pretty welcome. Sure, I had to run (ok I also rode in a boat) alllllll the way back to Littleroot, but I did get a free heal out of it. Moms are the best. :D

Got to the mall and picked up a FREE BIKE!!! Man this dude has awful business practices if he just gives them out to any kid with dirty shoes and puppy-dog eyes. I picked the Mach bike OBVIOUSLY. I bought three Super Potions and two Paralyze Heals at the mart. I also ran into Wally at the Gym. He hilariously thought his wimpy Ralts would be able to solo Wattson but I taught him a lesson REAL quick with my Pachirisu. Dude, I don’t even know if I can beat Wattson right now, so you sure won’t be able to.

I bought Bulldoze and Power-Up Punch and taught both to Pocahontas. It’s pretty sad that a Sudowoodo is my best hope for beating some steel types but here we are. I headed into the Gym and had a surprisingly not-terrible time??? Aurora did faint against Meditite but otherwise the team was doing ok. I did really need to to some healing, though, so I had to draw two cards while getting the team back into fighting shape.

First, I drew “True Love’s Kiss” which like… heck yeah, this will come in handy later. Next, I drew “I Won’t Say I’m in Love (I’ll Sing it)” and sang Almost There from Princess and the Frog because Ravey and I had watched that movie (for the first time for him lol) earlier that day. Also seems kind of appropriate when you’re about to fight a Gym Leader idk. Finally, I drew “Look at this stuff, isn’t it neat?” and read off every. Single. Thing. In my bag. Overall not a bad set of cards I have nothing to complain about there.

Ravey did draw “Kuzco’s Poison” while I was waiting for him to catch up with me. Bye-bye, Froakie, and hello Deino.

:deino:
Kuzco - Level 1
Gentle; Hustle
Tackle, Dragon Rage

Still not really going to be useful since it’s level one, but at least it has Dragon Rage. That’s pretty cool.

I gave Pocahontas the Expert Belt and Snow the Metronome and I was ready to fight Wattson. One Power-Up Punch followed by Bulldoze let Pocahontas just sweep through Wattson so, uh, that went a lot more smoothly than I had expected. Nothing even tried to hit her with a steel move. Idk if I got lucky or if Wattson was dumb or if I underestimated the power of Sudowoodo, but I was very pleased with the result. Ravey, however, did not have such a nice time. :joyousazurill:

Also had to fight Ravey while I was waiting for him to catch up to me. It was a pretty fun battle (I won). Replay is 465W-WWWW-WW5R-9DFN for anyone interested.
Pocahontas - Level 19
Gentle; Sturdy
Rock Tomb, Bulldoze, Power-Up Punch, Rock Throw

Snow White - Level 18
Lax; Run Away

Aurora - Level 18
Calm; Synchronize

Mulan - Level 18
Relaxed; Swarm
Steel Wing, Quick Attack, Leer, Night Slash

Rapunzel - Level 15
Modest; Own Tempo
Mega Drain, Growth, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder

:deino:
Kuzco - Level 1
Gentle; Hustle
Tackle, Dragon Rage
Belle - Level 14
Quiet; Natural Cure
Peck, Growl, Steel Wing, Disarming Voice

Tiana - Level 17
Naive; Water Absorb
Thief, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Hypnosis

Jasmine - Level 8
Gentle; Poison Point

Megara - Level 12
Naive; Levitate

Ariel - Level 10
Calm; Shell Armor

Anna - Level 1
Bold; Run Away

Cinderella - Level 1
Bold; Skill Link
Pound

Last edited:

Revan

Skyborn Trainer
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
After we beat May, I knew that I had some more training to do, despite all of the ridiculous restrictions I had in place. I decided to go to the Trick House and complete the first room. During it, I found “Kuzco’s Poison”, which was disguised as a Lava Cookie. But I didn’t have Kuzco :joyousazurill: After I finished the Trick House, I headed to Mauville City and drew yet ANOTHER RESTRICTION CARD...”The Force is with You”. Thankfully it didn’t do much because I couldn’t use any healing items from before when I drew “The Bare Necessities” last time but uh. Still frustrating. It turned to 11:12 PM and I drew “(Don’t) Drink Me” so RIP healing items in general.... I still bought 5 Super Potions from Mauville because why not, but that came back to bite me in the butt a little later.

I figured there was nothing to lose by going onto the three new routes and drawing cards from those, so Routes 111, 117, and 118 gave me “Under the Sea”, “Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust”, and :Look at this stuff, isn’t it neat?”. None of which were bad! I fished up two Tentacool and a Magikarp and fainted them, and Christy gave me Florian and John while boxing Phillip and Eugene. I decided to get another card and went to Verdanturf Town after evading all of the trainers on Route 117, and drew “Let it Go”. I deposited Beast and Hercules and added Phillip and Naveen. Honestly as good as both would have been against Wattson, I still got some PP back from adding new members on so that was nice......

Well, after that I had enough of the restrictions and wanted to get rid of them, so I went to the Mauville Gym and almost immediately, Florian and Phillip fainted, so uh that’s a good sign. I switched to the Acro Bike and also had to fish up 3 more Pokemon. When it turned to midnight, I drew “Whistle while you Walk” and at 12:12 AM I drew “Kuzco’s Poison” again lol. I somehow limped my way over to Wattson and Aladdin fainted soon after I started the fight, and I drew “Poor Unfortunate Soul”, meaning that I had to toss ALL MY HEALING ITEMS after the fight. Anyway, Magnemite and Magneton went out to lunch and fainted my Pokemon left and right, causing me to draw “I won’t say I’m in Love (I’ll Sing It)” AGAIN so I sang Hakuna Matata to Christy because why not lol. I also got “Golden Flower” but that didn’t help because I was about to lose, and “Reindeer are Better than People” so I battled Christy after blacking out. I got destroyed 3-0. Good game, Christy!

I went into the gym knowing I was gonna lose though, with all those restrictions, an underleveled team, and limited PP, it was the better brain play to black out and lose all those restrictions. XD I took out Beast and Hercules for Naveen and Charming (goodbye drawing cards when the time has 12 on it!!!!!!!!) and decided to go to Verdanturf Town to get some healing items. On the way I stumbled into the view of a breeder who proceeded to wipe out Phillip and John so I got “True Love’s Kiss” and “Save on Postage” and got Kuzco the Deino. I bought 1 Revive and 4 Super Potions from Verdanturf Town, then went back to fight Wallace. Hercules was just who I needed: Aladdin and Florian both still fainted causing me to draw “(Don’t) Drink Me” and “Colors of the Wind” but I broke Wattson’s bricks with Bulldoze. Heck yeah.
After the fight I got to use Pokemon Amie on Florian and John!
:heracross: Hercules - Lv. 13 with Aerial Ace, Bulldoze, Bulk Up, Megahorn
:litleo: Beast - Lv. 22 w/ Headbutt, Work Up, Ember, Echoed Voice
:sandile: Aladdin - Lv. 16 w/ Cut, Rock Tomb, Assurance, Bulldoze
:ralts: Florian - Lv. 14 w/ Double Team, Confuse Ray, Confusion, Disarming Voice
:patrat: John - Lv. 15 w/ Tackle, Sand Attack, Bite, Cut
:deino: Kuzco - Lv. 1 w/ Tackle and Dragon Rage (Gentle, Hustle)
:poliwag: Naveen - Lv. 19 w/ Rain Dance, Bubble Beam, Double Slap, Hypnosis
:wingull: Eric - Lv. 7 w/ Growl, Echoed Voice, Brine, Supersonic
:deerling: Kristoff - Lv. 9 w/ Tackle, Camouflage, Growl, Sand Attack
:pawniard: Li Shang - Lv. 5 w/ Scratch, Rock Tomb
:honedge: Phillip - Lv. 13 w/ Tackle, Swords Dance, Fury Cutter, Pursuit
:roselia: Charming - Lv. 21 w/ Mega Drain, Magical Leaf, Poison Sting, Leech Seed
:sneasel: Eugene - Lv. 8 w/ Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Quick Attack

Last edited:

Gokudera

4th Dan
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Devin
You know your luck is bad when a black out is beneficial lol. Poor Ravey.