Which Generations Have You Played?

~Kilza~

Contemplation
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
So far there have been 7 generations of main series Pokemon games, with the 8th generation to come in late 2019. So which generations have you played? If you haven't played all of them, do you want to play the ones you've missed some day?

For me, I've played Gen 1 (Blue), Gen 3 (Ruby/Sapphire), Gen 4 (Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver), Gen 5 (Black) and Gen 6 (Y, Omega Ruby). I haven't played either of Gens 2 and 7, though that'll change soon enough, since I've bought both Crystal and Ultra Moon in the past 24 hours.

smoky

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i’ve played gen 1 (blue, yellow), gen 2 (silver, crystal), gen 3 (sapphire, fire red, leaf green), gen 4 (pearl, platinum, soul silver), gen 5 (white, black 2, white 2), gen 6 (x, y, omega ruby, alpha sapphire), and gen 7 (sun, moon, and half of ultra moon).

i’m not sure if i’ll play all of the ones i haven’t played yet. definitely not ultra sun, but i hope i can at least play the rest of gen 2 and 3 at some point

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
Cabin 2
AKA
Volkner
Time Zone
UTC +10
I have played every Generation since Generation 4: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White, Black 2, White 2, X, Y, Alpha Sapphire, Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun. I'll never play Omega Ruby and I guess eventually I'll buy Ultra Moon to do challenges.

Azuviin

Soldier of Affinity
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Michelle
I've played gen 1 (Red), gen 2 (Gold/Silver/Crystal), gen 3 (Leaf Green), gen 4 (Diamond/Platnium/HeartGold), gen 5 (Black/Black 2/White 2), gen 6 (X/Y/Alpha Sapphire), gen 7 (Sun).

I'm definitely planning on buying the rest of the games

DozerZigashi

Junior Trainer
Just played? All of them. Played at least one game in that generation to completion? Gen's 3+.

I just struggle so hard with finishing Gens 1& 2. I may have to change that sometime soon though.

Space

Beginner Trainer
AKA
SpaceRM
I’ve played Gen 1 (Blue), Gen 2 (Crystal), Gen 3 (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red), Gen 4 (Diamond, Platinum, Soul Silver, Heart Gold), Gen 5 (Black, White, Black 2, White 2) and Gen 6 (X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire)

I think i'll play gen 7, eventually...

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
IGN
Dragonite, usually
3 (Ruby), 4 (Platinum, HG, SS), 5 (all), 6 (X, AS), 7 (Sun, Ultra Moon)

I don't foresee myself owning a Switch in the foreseeable future so 8 might have to wait a bit.

I'll fill in the rest some day, I promise.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Basically all of them. I’ve played Blue, Yellow, Crystal, Sapphire, Leaf Green, Emerald, Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, Black, White 2, X, Omega Ruby, Moon, and Ultra Moon.

AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
I have played all of them and every game, except for Let's Go Eevee. Though (Omega) Ruby, Leaf Green, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, White (2), X, and (Ultra) Sun are my preferred games in the duos.

Feather32

Rookie Trainer
I've played ever generation except for LGPE, but we're hoping to get LGP for Christmas. I have a particular love for Gen. 3 though.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I have played at least one main series game from every release. RBY, C, RSE, LG, PPt, SS, B, B2, XY, AS, SM, UM, and LG:E

Revan

Skyborn Trainer
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
I've played Gen 1 (RY), Gen 2 (GC), Gen 4 (DP/HGSS), Gen 5 (B/currently B2), Gen 6 (X/OR). I'd like to play Moon and Let's Go Eevee at some point and maybe Platinum but other than that I think I'm content with the games I have especially since I added three of these to my collection this year alone.

Rubad Ubdub

Pokemon GO delete this post
AKA
nus3bank, bncrock, BHDude
Time Zone
US Mountain Time
Played? All of them.

Completed? Every gen except 2, unless you count HeartGold as 2, then I haven't completed 4.

I've started playing Platinum twice but usually stop a few badges in. Just not a very interesting region imo, though I like a lot of the Pokemon designs. I also own Crystal on 3DS VC and I have a copy of Silver for GB but they're way back on my list of games since I've already played HG.

KingCrimSiN

Just Works
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
I've played gens 4-7 (Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, White 2, X, Omega Ruby, Moon, and Ultra Sun).

I've completed games from each of these generations, as well. (Pearl, White 2, X, Omega Ruby, and Moon.)

I don't plan on playing anything from before gen 4, because almost all of my favorite Pokémon didn't exist back then.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Played? Well I've technically played all generations. Thank goodness for Gens 1 and 2 being on the 3DS virtual console. How many have I beaten? Everything from 3 onward. How many have I completed (by which I mean caught everything I could and traded for what I needed)? None, hundred percent completion of these games isn't worth the trouble.

Rubad Ubdub

Pokemon GO delete this post
AKA
nus3bank, bncrock, BHDude
Time Zone
US Mountain Time

Greninjaman

Aquatic Ninja Assassin
I too have played at least one main game of each generation.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
I have played through and completed every single generation of Pokemon so far. Well except Lets Go Eevee and Pikachu. :/

shhmew

insolent pup
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
all of them and been making my way through Let’s Go.