Which Generations Have You Played?

colours

Regular Trainer
AKA
Angie/Angelica
I've played pretty much through every single generation, with the only game I haven't played yet being Let's Go (which I'm still on the fence about getting).

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I've played a bit of gen 1 (Yellow), then gen 3 (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen), gen 4 (Diamond/Heartgold), gen 6 (X), gen 7 (Sun). I definitely want to fill the gaps and play Crystal, Platinum, White, White 2, and Ultra Moon. I'd also like to play Let's Go at some point!

Last edited:

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
I've played every generation. GEN 1 Blue, GEN 2 Silver, Gold Crystal, GEN 3 Sapphire, Fire Red, GEN 4 Pearl, Platinum, Soul Silver, GEN 5 White, White 2, GEN 6 Y, Omega Ruby, GEN 7 Sun, Ultra Sun, Let's GO Eevee.

Out of those, I've never finished a Kanto game. I only made it to the end of Johto in the gen 2 games, never got around to Kanto until Soul Silver, where I fully finished the main story for once. I have also yet to complete Omega Ruby and White 2. Looking forward to the next generation.

icelandic

Adept Trainer
All of them on original hardware, I'm a 90s kid. Played Red, Yellow, and Silver in their heyday (and raised about a dozen Pokemon to level 100 in Silver). Got back into the series as a student and caught up with Gens 3 and 4. Bought releases from SoulSilver to Sun at or near launch dates. I was put off Ultra Sun/Moon though and haven't bought it.

I've finished (to credits rolling) every Pokemon game I ever played except Ranger. Didn't like that much and got stuck on Steelix I think it was. Was scared I'd wreck my DS screen!

But that may change. I've not played Let's Go (which is still Gen 7) because I don't own a Switch. If that stays the case then I'll be missing Gen 8.

Kyogre386

Regular Trainer
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
UTC-05:00
I've been a fan since the beginning, where I played Blue Version on cartridge in '98. I beat that game (here meaning credits roll) and Yellow as well as Silver, Sapphire, and Leaf Green with my brother getting the counterpart games. He stopped playing after that and thenceforward I got both games in all pairs. I also ended up playing and beating Red, Gold, Ruby, and Fire Red, and eventually got my hands on Crystal sometime around Emerald, beating both. Starting with FR/LG (which came out on my birthday), I got all games on launch date, doing midnight releases for all starting with XY. I also got Platinum, Heart Gold, White, and White 2 in Japanese before they came out in English. I played all of them and beat all the Japanese games, but I never did finish White 2 (English) or X, and am still working on Let's Go Pikachu. I've slowed down nowadays, I used to finish at least one of the games within a week or two but now I take longer as I often don't dedicate the entirety of my free time to the game anymore, except maybe for Alpha Sapphire which I really loved. I've also played and beaten Colosseum and XD, all three Ranger Games, and Mystery Dungeon Blue, Time, Sky, and Gates to Infinity. I never got Mystery Dungeon Red or Darkness as there's very little difference with those even by Pokemon Version standards. I got Super Mystery Dungeon but never finished it as I found the story disappointing, and never finished Conquest either though I'll probably do that someday. I've never actually completed a Pokedex because I generally attempt it with very strict rules of only trading or transferring when the Pokemon can't be obtained otherwise and no trading with people other than myself. I did complete the Kanto Pokedex in Leaf Green (sans Mew), but not the National Pokedex and also the Dex I did complete sadly wasn't a living Dex. I almost got a 493 Living Dex on Platinum, but Gen V came out before I finished. As it stands I have all the pieces between it and HG/SS, and if I felt like it about an hour of trading and breaking my rules could complete it, including Mythicals. Oh, I also have English duplicates of Ruby, Fire Red, Diamond, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black, and White, which I used to get more starters and such without restarting my main save back when I played more. I also have Blue and all 3 Gen II games on Virtual Console, but I only played Blue, Silver, and Crystal, and only beat Silver (unless you count getting the Hall of Fame through glitching on Blue as I used that game as a glitch sandbox). I also have Pokemon GO.

So yeah, I've played it all.

DriftyAlison0

Rookie Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Central Time Zone
3DS FC
3024-8099-0491
IGN
Drifty
I have played all of them except for Green.

I started with Blue in Gen 1 then got Red and Yellow. Went with Silver first in Gen 2 but eventually got Gold and Crystal. Then Gen 3 I started with Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald. Then in Gen 4 I went with Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver. Then in Gen 5 I went with White 1 Black 1 and White 2 and Black 2. Then in Gen 6 I went with Y then X then Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby. Then in Gen 7 I went with Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. I get both versions due to being only me playing so I need to get both versions to trade with myself.

I do plan on getting both Sword and Shield but I have not decided yet on which one to start with.

Last edited:

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
I'm quite happy to have played every generation, uh to an extent anyway. I couldn't get through Gen 1, its just so awkward compared to even Gen 2.
Gen 2 I've played Crystal (And SoulSilver if y'count it)
Gen 3 I've played Ruby, Emerald and LeafGreen
Gen 4 I've played Diamond, Pearl, Platinum and SoulSilver.
Gen 5 I've played Black, White, Black 2 and White 2.
Gen 6 I've only played X and Omega Ruby. And Pokemon Go for a while if that counts.
Gen 7 I've played Sun, Moon and Ultra Moon.
This is only counting the main series though, I've played a lot of the spinoffs. Haven't played Lets Go though, and I don't particularly intend to.
When Gen 8 comes out you know I'm swiping Shield though!

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Gen 1: Played but never beat Yellow and Red as a little kid.
Gen 2: Never played the actual games but I played HeartGold so close
Gen 3: Played Sapphire, Emerald
Gen 4: Played Platinum
Gen 5: Played Black 2 and White 2
Gen 6: Played X
Gen 7: Played Moon, Sun, and Ultra Moon
I haven't played Let's Go, but I might be playing LGE at some point. Probably will just go on to Gen 8 though! When Gen 8 comes out I'll be buying Sword:)

Kyogre386

Regular Trainer
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
UTC-05:00
I have played all of them except for Green.
Oh, right, that. English Blue is pretty much Green though, might be more fair to say we haven't played Japanese Blue. Then again, that's the encounter tables, but since the sprites and Cerulean Cave layout of English RB are from Japanese Blue, I guess Japanese Red/Blue/Green are all something people who've only played English Gen 1 missed.