Which iconic Generations I-VII Pokémon do you think were not included in Pokémon Detective Pikachu, the movie?

Leon_s_Galarian_Monarchy

Beginner Trainer
Hey, guys! Did you know which iconic Generations I-VII Pokémon you thought were not physically included in Pokémon Detective Pikachu, the movie?

Last edited:

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Detective Pikachu did a very good job of not being 100% Kanto fanservice, which it easily could have been. I was too busy being pleasantly surprised by the representation across multiple generations to think of Pokemon who were left out.

I suppose the obvious place to start would be (no pun intended) some of the starter Pokemon. Torterra and Greninja both had major roles in the movie, but Infernape, Empoleon, Chesnaught, and Delphox were nowhere to be seen. That would have been nice.

The other main place I can think of is the flocks of bird Pokemon. From what I recall it was pretty much nothing but Pidgey, Pidgeotto, and Pidgeot. It shouldn't have been too much hassle to include common bird Pokemon from other regions.

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
I think every Pokemon showed up well in the movie, but Aipom looked a bit *too* realistic. Can he be taken away?

Other than that, I don't think I could add any Pokémon and be happier with the movie, as it was an incredible achievement to get Ryan and Justice to have that synergy and make a great film.