• Smash Camp 2020

Smash Camp, an event that has run for twelve years, has started once again! Everyone who joins is separated into one of four cabins where you'll compete to earn points through various activities, such as flash games, tournaments, and other events. At the end of camp, the totals will be finalized, and the cabin with the most total points wins. It's an awesome way to have fun with your friends while meeting new people in the process, and is open to anyone, not just members of the Marriland Forums!

Pre-Camp has officially started, with Camp itself beginning on Monday. It will be taking place exclusively on the Smash Camp Discord, which you may join by clicking here. If you have any questions, feel free to join the server and ask - we hope to see you there!

Sword/Shield Which starter do you like most?

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
I'm a lil surprised no one else has made this thread yet, maybe it's too cliche or ppl just felt like we discussed it enough in the leaks/speculation thread :hmmazurill:

In any case, what starter do you like most right now? I know it's a little early to decide on which one you'll choose without seeing their evolutions... but if you had to make a decision right now, which one would you go with? And what sort of things would you like to see for the evolutions?

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Scorbunny was my favourite upon first sight, and it probably still is, but Sobble is such an anxious cutie so idk. ;w; In past games I've always liked the fire starter the most. The evolutions will probably decide it for me.

Not a fan of Grookey yet though, it's design just looks off to me.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Easily Sobble. I always go with the Water starter, but even then design wise I like it the best out of the three tbh. It probably helps that it looks kinda similar to Mudkip, lol

I don't really know what I want to see from it's evolution. I guess I just want it to keep having a good design and for it to get a good second typing?

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Sobble is the one I like the best. It doesn't matter to me how the evolutions will look like because all reptilian Pokémon are good.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
i am not grookey gang, team scorbunny, or sobble squad, i just love all three very very dearly and eagerly await to see what they evolve into

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Sobble easily. Scorbunny for a second playthrough (assuming I get both games that is). Historically I've always loved the fire and water starters the best. Only 2 grass starters stand out to me, and Grookey isn't one of them, whereas I can't even put on my fingers how many of the fire and water starters stand out to me. But, if I'm being honest with myself, the water starters always had the edge, and Sobble continues that trend. Sorry Scorbunny, so close yet so far. Maybe next gen.

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i honestly love all of them! especially scorbunny and sobble. my choice will depend on what their evolutions will be, though i do lean more towards scorbunny atm cause im buny

Fafrir

Queen of Dragons
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
Switch FC
SW-5955-0028-4991
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
My initial reaction to them are "I'm really not feeling these starters but I'll still continue to pick the Water-type", probably because I took a quick glance at the direct during work.

But now, they are growing on me but not in a "I love all of them" way like I was for the Gen 6 and 7 starters at the start. Even so, I prefer Sobble, a Water-type lizard is one of those concepts I've wanted for so long and now I can have a FWG core for an all lizard team.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Grookey Gang

PerfectWorld

Fiery Passion
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Anne
3DS FC
3970-0367-7253
Switch FC
6736-1504-8698
IGN
Anne
Sobble is my favorite starter right now. Scorbunny and Grookey are both cute, but the sad little water lizard stands out to me the most.

Zange

Drifter
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Robin, Chi
Time Zone
CST
I absolutely adore Sobble, but Scorbunny is a very close second. Not the biggest fan of Grookey right now, but maybe it'll grow on me, who knows.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
so for the record my favorite first stage is grookey

**** adorable lil monkey kitty baby

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
Am sorry but I like all 3 aaaaaaaa

If I had a gun to my head though I’d probably pick Scorbunny. Second would be Grookey and Sobble is an extremely close third. I wanna make them all first tbh

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Scorbunny is my favorite easily.

My least favorite is Grookey because it just reminds me of chimchar and I do not like the chimchar line like at all, so yeah.

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
#SobbleSquad!!!

Sobble is the best!

Merushii

Wings of Starlight
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Rin
I'm really curious to see the evolutions, but for the first stages I really like Sobble! Grookey is interesting too n.n
Aaaah I want to see more!

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
I personally think Sobble looks really bad and dumb due to his giant eyes and weird looking hands. Scorbunny is my favorite with Grookey second.

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
I love Grookey tbh. I don't usually like the grass type but that little monkey is cute

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I think I like Scorbunny a little more so far, but if I like Grookey's evolutions enough, I'm gonna get one and name him Russel.

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
For me, at the moment it would either be Scorbunny or Sobble