Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
With over 800 Pokémon, it can be really hard to keep track of them all. What’s a Pokémon that you struggle to remember?

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
This guy :skrelp:

I can only remember its evolutions name because I used to pronounce it Drag-a-lag, but little dude? I constantly forget its name. I don't think anybody in the game has one you can battle, or if they do I don't remember it at all. You can only see it if you go out of your way to catch it, basically. And even then I don't pronounce it right.......skrp? skelp? skurelup? s...skrp..............................

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
I always forget about Spinda. Not sure why, but I do. Maybe because it's just another normal type and has no redeeming qualities. I mean, it doesn't even evolve so it's not worth remembering.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
i looked thru a list of pokemon to see - for the most part i'm incredibly good at remembering every single pokemon, but um i've been struggling with some of the new UBs ... and dhelmise? i keep forgetting about dhelmise. maybe it's just because they're some of the newest pokemon and i couldn't get into usum very much idk man.

also qwilfish wtf

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Dragalgae I always forget exists, and the UB I never remember the names of.

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
If you gave me the name of just anything else I could tell you what generation it's from and most likely its type(s), but after the monsters obtainable in gen 7 through ordinary means (i.e. not legends or ubs) I'm completely lost.

I didn't ever think I'd ever say this but in gen 8 I may reach the point of "there are just too many damned pokémon."

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
Paras and Parasect are the only Pokemon from gen 1 that I hardly remember...Tbh I forgot it existed

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
A lot of the Pokemon which are considered 'forgettable' I can remember since they're so well known for being forgettable. Looking through the list of Pokemon from gen 1-6 there wasn't a Pokemon that I couldn't remember well.

But I never got into SuMo at all so I barely know any Pokemon from that generation, especially all those ultra beasts and Pokemon with long and complicated names.. it's really overwhealming. Can't name any Pokemon from gen 7 besides the starters and a few Pokemon which appear frequently in the game/anime.

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
For me it would have to be Elgyem
and Beheeyem
. They haven't been in very many games and I honestly can't remember a single trainer in Unova who uses either one of these two. You know you're forgettable when not even the Psychic type Elite Four of your own region uses you. ^^;;

Calaf

Advanced Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
Time Zone
GMT+1
Barboach :barboach: and Whiscash :whiscash:. I hadn't seen these Pokemon in like forever until I recently considered doing a Ground Monotype in one of the Gen 3 Hoenn games.
@Kaori: you're right about Elgyem and Beheeyem as well. Kinda sad that they don't get a bit more love, they're pretty cool.

Last edited:

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Qwilfish is defs the Pokemon I tend to forget exist.

Also the Ultra Beasts in general with the exception of Poipole (because it is cute). So yeah...

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Tyrogue is a pokemon i completely forgot existed, so much that when i was looking at the pokedex one day and saw it, i was like wot is that ~.~

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I once forgot Glalie's name even though I knew what it looked like.

Also I don't necessarily forget them, but I tend to mistake Snivy and Oshawott as gen 6 starters.

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
Mudkip. He's really forgettable. So is Pikachu

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
Bergmite. :bergmite: It shows up so late and infrequently in X&Y, and didn't really have an episode of the anime. Which is sad because I really like it when I remember it exists.

PerfectWorld

Fiery Passion
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Anne
3DS FC
3970-0367-7253
Switch FC
6736-1504-8698
IGN
Anne
Heatmor and Durant are 2 Pokemon I frequently forget exist. I generally like Gen 5 Pokemon, but these two appear so rarely that I forget about them. Clampearl and its evolutions I hardly remember exist either.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
I always forget that the Clamperl line exists. Dwebble and Crustle too.

Kyogre386

Regular Trainer
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
UTC-05:00
Maractus. It's not good competitively. It's not even good ingame. It doesn't evolve from or into anything. It doesn't have any notable trivia other than its own obscurity. In its debut generation, Gen V, it is used by only 6 trainers, and I'm pretty sure all are optional (one is Cilan in B2W2, however, which is something). It is in only one location that you don't spend much time in at 10% encounter rate in that generation. Only one trainer uses it in all of Gen 6 and it is an optional battle in the Mauville Food Court, and the only way to get it natively in Gen VI is Friend Safari and Mirage Spots which have tons of more interesting Pokemon. It is entirely absent from Gen VII shy of transfer. And it is so forgettable nobody in this thread has even mentioned it yet. I rest my case.

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
So there's a lot of pokemon now. Some would argue too many. What I want to know is which pokemon do you always forget? For me it would be the later generation generic fish pokemon like Alomomola.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
@Zedark I went ahead and merged your thread into this one because it discusses the same topic.

Binacle and Barbaracle are rather forgettable to me, and they haven’t been mentioned yet in this thread. Durant and Heatmor are also dishonorable mentions.