• The Closure of the Marriland Forums

The Marriland Forums will be going into read-only mode on February 15th, 2021. Come October 1st, 2021 the forums will be taken down entirely. More information can be found in this thread. Thank you for being a part of our community!

Sword/Shield Why Some Pokémon Were Excluded from Pokémon Sword and Shield, The Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra

Leon_s_Galarian_Monarchy

Beginner Trainer
What's up, guys. Say, according to Dexit, I'm just wanting to know the reason why you think some Pokémon were excluded from Pokémon Sword and Shield, The Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra? You think that's because of their lack of or decline in popularity or why? :'( Please let me know the reason, thanks. ;)

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
IGN
Anthrix
I think it's because there is simply too many Pokemon, and they had to cut somewhere. With the global situation as it stands, I don't think they were confident enough to get them all modelled in a reasonable time frame.

I'm hoping there's another expansion, or anothrt game which bridges the gap between this game and the next. I mean, there's nothing stopping them from doing a World Of Warcraft and building a new world and bolting it onto this one - it'd be Gold and Silver 2.0!