Portfolio Winter Heat | Reun's Gallery

Reunilu

Reddest of Mages
AKA
Shaymin, Nagi
So I've had a number of places where I keep all my stuff. I'm pretty unorganized about that stuff and I think it's about time I put it all together in a massive thread like I used to in the past. OP perpetually under construction, for now I'm much too tired to format it.

Minor swear warnings.

D r a w i n g s

F o r e v e r W I P ( r i p )

G F X

Last edited:

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Oh my god your art is gorgeous! Your stuff is so adorable. I really like your style of digital art, do you have any tips? I only started doing digital art a few weeks ago and I'm still trying to figure out how to do stuff. =P

Your drawing style is really neat! I especially like these two

Keep up the awesome work!

Reunilu

Reddest of Mages
AKA
Shaymin, Nagi
Oh my god your art is gorgeous! Your stuff is so adorable. I really like your style of digital art, do you have any tips? I only started doing digital art a few weeks ago and I'm still trying to figure out how to do stuff. =P

Your drawing style is really neat! I especially like these two

Keep up the awesome work!
Thank you! I was really proud of the way those two came out, especially the cane on the second one. I love that weapon and all, but FFXIV gear is way too detailed.

I don't have any specific digital art tips, but these are some that I encountered in my personal experience.

• Lineart will suck. A LOT. But I promise that the reward is worth it. I've found that doing lineart has cleaned up my sketches a lot from what they were previously.
  • Utilizing pen pressure helps a lot with keeping interest
  • Doing color pallete challenges have helped with my grasp of digital color, if only by a little.
  • Map a set of hotkeys for canvas flip. It's already integrated into programs like SAI, but I have to because I use Photoshop
  • I keep a bunch of photos that I like from Pinterest. I often have them on hand on my second monitor/tabbed on my browser whenever I get the urge to draw.
  • It's good to remember that skills from traditional drawing are transferable to digital drawing. I spent about a week drawing skirts and a couple days drawing hands and now skirts are pretty second nature and hands aren't as intimidating.

Updated OP for GFX. It's not all of the GFX I have, but it's the most recent.

Last edited:

Rydia

ΦωΦ
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Unyielding Wings
AKA
Brian
Time Zone
PST
Wow I absolutely love your art style! Both drawings and GFX are absolutely breathtaking. Your WIPs look better than like half of my drawings lol. Your GFX style is like the complete opposite of my style so I have no practice on that style but it's so appealing and nice to look at. Keep up the good qork!

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
teach me how to make light sigs UwU

I really like your drawing and GFX styles! Are you okay if I feature your art on the forum Instagram at some point?

Reunilu

Reddest of Mages
AKA
Shaymin, Nagi

Random sketch. I wanted to draw DDLC stuff, but got really frustrated, so this was supposed to be a nothing drawing that turned out somewhat decent.

I also wanna make a Twitter based story and thought this could be implemented somehow? I've always loved creating stories, but never have the patience to fully develop more than 5000 words.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Wow, your art is so well done! I love how well your colors pair and the expressions on your characters.

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
your art is gorgeous! i love how you draw hair and eyes, they look so smooth! I also think you have a great sense of color. I love the colors in that last piece you posted.

Runaiic

Beginner Trainer
very cool artwork u have there. but your colour can be improved on still.

Reunilu

Reddest of Mages
AKA
Shaymin, Nagi
very cool artwork u have there. but your colour can be improved on still.
I know. I try doing studies every so often so that I get better at it. The painting process in general is so overwhelming for me ‘cause I can’t dissect it the way I can for GFX.