Wolfey's Tips To Laddering

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time

I thought I would share this, as it had some very useful advice for playing any competitive ladder, be it OU, VGC, heck, even another game.

Somethings I would add that have helped me too:

- Play games! If you're stuck, find a rental team and play it. Still stuck? Message me and I'll find something for you :D.

- Read and watch! The more you submerge yourself, the more you'll learn through osmosis. You'll find how people are playing, why they are making the decisions that they are making etc.

- Still stuck for ideas? Read old movesets as well, even from singles and 1v1. Sometimes there will be something quirky and fun that you might want to build a team around.

Gigarchomp99

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IST (GMT+5:30)
IGN
Gargee
The first thing really helped me! I used the GMax Lapras team you shared on the first day of my competitive battling, and now in a matter of days I've gotten to the Ultra Ball tier, and I definitely play in a much different way than I did back I first started (but I went back to the Lapras team in the end — built my own with only a few changes — because I love Aurora Veil so much), which I wouldn't be doing right now if I hadn't started at all! :D So simplistic as it sounds, yeah, it's a really really important tip.

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
The first thing really helped me! I used the GMax Lapras team you shared on the first day of my competitive battling, and now in a matter of days I've gotten to the Ultra Ball tier, and I definitely play in a much different way than I did back I first started (but I went back to the Lapras team in the end — built my own with only a few changes — because I love Aurora Veil so much), which I wouldn't be doing right now if I hadn't started at all! :D So simplistic as it sounds, yeah, it's a really really important tip.
Post the team and I'll be happy to comment! :D.

Season still has another week yet, so might be able to get you to Master Ball.

[EDIT] - with your changes of course.