The Return
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Connor

Yin & Yang - A Pokemon White Nuzlocke

The last time I posted a challenge on this site was back on Azurilland, probably close to 1.5-2 years ago. I've really missed that in my absence, and so today I present you all with my first documented Pokemon challenge since at least 2018. I'm stoked to be here right now, and I fully intend on writing this challenge through completion, something I've never succeeded at doing before. I will be writing a story to go along with the gameplay in this Nuzlocke. My writing skills may not be top tier, but I feel more confident in them than pretty much ever so here goes nothing. Now onto the mandatory parts.
Rule 1: Any Pokemon that faints at any point throughout the challenge will be considered dead and must be permanently boxed for the remainder of the challenge.
Rule 2: Only the first Pokemon encountered in any route/area may be caught. Locations for encounters will be decided by what the text in the Pokemon Summary menu depicts. For example, if I catch an Axew and its Summary reads "caught in Mistralton Cave", I cannot catch anything else that would read "caught in Mistralton Cave".
Rule 3: All captured Pokemon must be given a nickname. I will be using a nicknaming theme throughout my challenge, and the theme will be Gods, whether mythological, religious, etc.
Rule 4: No trading of any sort is allowed, with the exception of trading to evolve a specific Pokemon.
Rule 5: In the unfortunate event that my copy of Pokemon White freezes while playing, I will play through the game normally until reaching a point where a Pokemon had died. I will then perma-box said Pokemon and move on until I reach the point where the game froze. From here, I will continue the challenge regularly.
Dupes Clause: I will not catch any Pokemon that I have already caught, nor will I catch a member of a caught Pokemon's evolutionary line. After 5 attempts at encountering a non-dupe Pokemon, I will have missed my chance at catching a Pokemon in said area.
Shiny Clause: If I encounter a shiny Pokemon, I am allowed to catch and use it, ignoring the second rule of the "necessary rules" to do so.
Level Limit: If one of my Pokemon surpasses the level of the next gym leader/champion's highest level Pokemon, I may not use said Pokemon in battle.
Starter ID: I will be selecting my starter Pokemon based on the last digit of my Trainer ID number. If the ID ends in a 1-3, I will choose Snivy, 4-6 for Tepig, 7-9 for Oshawott, and 0 for any starter of my choice.

With that out of the way, let's get this show on the road!

In ancient times long ago, there lived a God whose name was Izanagi. He was a God among Gods, ruler of everything in existence. Izanagi created the Pokemon Universe, in which people and Pokemon coexisted in harmony, under His reign. Among the trillions of living beings in this universe, Izanagi's two sons resided. Their names were Yin and Yang, and they were demigods. Being as powerful as they were, these two were instructed by their Father to watch over and moderate the various regions that existed within the universe. Their biggest task, however, was to create a region of their own. Being demigods, the brothers could not possibly achieve such a large task without help. Of course, Izanagi knew this, the omnipotent being that he was. He entrusted Yin and Yang with the most powerful Pokemon He had ever created. Its name was Setsunam, a pure Dragon type. Combining their powers, Yin and Yang managed to control Setsunam, commanding it to create their desired region. The Pokemon obeyed, and thus the Unova region was born. Years went by and the Unova region was flourishing with people of all different cultures and an influx of new Pokemon. Not all was perfect, however. Yin and Yang began to argue with each other, realizing they had different ideas on how to rule over Unova. One day, their fighting began to escalate and the brothers discovered they could not rule together.

Yin: How could you say that ideals are not the most important aspect of life? They are the foundings of the very beliefs which we live by.

Setsunam let out a mighty, disapproving roar, one that momentarily shook the entirety of the Unova region.

Yang: I must know the truths of the universe. That is what I live for, brother. Discovering the rules of the universe through facts and knowledge. And because we cannot see eye to eye, I must rule this region myself and figure out the truths of the Unova region!

Setsunam began to glow, a blinding white light emanating from it. Its eyes turned to flames, as its body began to separate down the middle. The right side, a white figure that scorched with the hottest fire known to mankind. The left side, a black figure surrounded by enough electricity to power an entire region. With one final cry, Setsunam split into two separate Pokemon, Reshiram and Zekrom. Reshiram, the fiery beast, leaped to the side of Yang, with fight in its eyes. Zekrom proceeded to do the exact opposite. With the dragons facing each other, side-by-side with their trainers, they began to attack each other.

Yang: Reshiram, use Dragon Breath!

Yin: Zekrom, Outrage!

The two Dragons fought for hours, equally matched. With their colossal size and power, the Legendary Pokemon obliterated Unova, neither of them beating the other. Most of the documents of this occurrence have since ceased to exist, so there is little knowledge on what happened after the destruction of Unova. It is known, however, that Reshiram and Zekrom, along with Yin and Yang, disappeared from the region and were never heard from again.

PRESENT DAY:

Chaos awakens from a horrific nightmare, one in which he was brutally murdered at the hands of a great Dragon Pokemon. Recovering from the pounding headache he received, he remembers that today was the beginning of the deadly quest he ignorantly accepted from the Unova Professor, Juniper. As of today and onward, his life was constantly going to be on the line.

And that's all to start off! I hope those who read enjoy, despite the forums not being very active. I'm sure someone will read this eventually, so wish me good luck! Stay tuned.​

Paradox

The Return
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Connor
Reserved for future use.

Paradox

The Return
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Connor
Reserved for future use.

That's probably all I'll need, so now feel free to post :smileazurill:

Paradox

The Return
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Connor
@SAF: Yes, Reshiram and Zekrom don’t have a canon fusion so I made one up. You’re thinking of Reshiram + Kyurem and Zekrom + Kyurem.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
That was an entertaining read. Makes me want to revive my scramble once I’m done with Sword. Good luck on this challenge, Connor!