Your First Pokemon Game?

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
So, we've all played Pokemon at some point in our lives. And I imagine we all remember the first Pokemon game we played. So which game did you start with? Was it a main series game, or was it one of the many spin-offs? Did you enjoy playing it? Do you still enjoy it today?

So, my first Pokemon game was actually Pokemon Stadium. I got it back when we got a used N64 + some games from one of my sister's friends in, like, 2001 or so. It was alright, though I never really did anything aside from free battle and the kids club mini-games. Haven't touched it in a long time. My first main series game didn't come until Pokemon Ruby in May 2003. I still have a special place in my heart for Ruby, as it introduced me to a world I had long heard of but never got the opportunity to experience for myself until that moment. It was great, and even though I haven't had a playthrough of it in a long time I imagine I'd still love it if I was to pick it up and play it today.

Azuviin

Soldier of Affinity
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Michelle
Mine was Pokemon Diamond, and I still adore it to this day. It really introduced me to the entire world of gaming (not that I really play that many games) and I had never loved something as much as I loved that game.

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
Black. I got into Pokémon right around when most of my IRL peers were getting out of it; fortunately we have the Internet. I got HeartGold about a week later.

Matthew

Tech Enthusiast
Time Zone
Central
Mine was Pokemon Emerald. So many memories.

PerfectWorld

Fiery Passion
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Anne
3DS FC
3970-0367-7253
Switch FC
6736-1504-8698
IGN
Anne
Pokemon Pinball for the Game Boy Color was my first game. My first main series game I played was Pokemon Blue version. I haven't played the pinball game in a long time. I'd love to try it again.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Pokémon Heartgold. I didn’t get into the series until I played Black version a year later, but this game was a nice starting point. It had great music, a solid Pokédex, and just the right amount of challenge for the time.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
My first Pokemon game was Platinum. Starting out with the best, tbh.

Vulture

that guy, you know
Mine was Blue Rescue Team, which I still have extremely fond memories of to this day. The Cave friend area theme is still the ultimate nostalgia track for me.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
it was Blue. the games had just come out i think and i dont remember how i got ahold of it but i got my very own blue version and it was incredibly exciting.

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
Mine was Red, my guy friend had the game and let me have a go, been hooked ever since (1998 iirc)

Quoake

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ollie
Time Zone
ACST
My first game was Diamond, and I had a lot of fun with it. It's really dear to me, I'll always love gen 4.

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
For me, it was the original Pokemon Ranger on the DS. My first main series game was FireRed. :)

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
The first game I played was Pearl, but I was just borrowing a cousin's copy and never got past Eterna City. The first game I owned (and thus actually completed) was White, which is still one of my favorite games to this day.

Screem

Sir Premium
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
+8 GMT
Switch FC
SW-4503-9262-0045
I borrowed my brother's gold back when he was playing through his using a Pidgeot as his main (he released his starter). The first game I owned I believe was FireRed with my red gameboy SP.

Dizzy

Happy Home Showcaser
AKA
Rowlix
Time Zone
CST
My first ever Pokemon game was Pokemon Platinum. I vividly remember going up to the K-Mart employee and asking for it, hee hee. When I found out there was entire series of Pokemon games, I freaked out.

colours

Regular Trainer
AKA
Angie/Angelica
If we're going by Game Freak games, it'd be Pokemon Ruby. I still remember the day I excited ordered it off of eBay and waiting for it to arrive. Good times.

If we're going by spin-off titles, then it'd be Pokemon Stadium/Pokemon Stadium 2. There's nothing quite like the minigames in those times....

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
I got Pokemon Blue and my first game boy when I was a wee five year old. Loved Pokemon ever since lol.

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
My first Pokémon game period was Blue Rescue Team, my first Pokémon main series game was Pearl, and the first Pokémon game I actually finished was HeartGold!

Emilyeevee

Games and College Life
AKA
Emily
Time Zone
CT
The first pokemon game I played, I believe, was friend's pokemon Diamond copy with my starter of choice being piplup. If it wasn't that it was their LG copy, but I'm pretty sure it was Diamond. But my first bought and owned pokemon game was pokemon White where I started with snivy.